BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

Some Oxford fans comments 

"They are very good. Well organised and much better than us."

"To be fair, it shows the gulf in the league this season.  Blackburn have good players and bought well. They were expected to muller this league. We are miles away and it shows.  Were pap. "

"We were outclassed from one end of the pitch to the other and the only reason we got even close was because Blackburn thought it was so easy they took their foot of the gas! Blackburn well worth a bet for promotion."

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AAK said:

"To be fair, it shows the gulf in the league this season.  Blackburn have good players and bought well. They were expected to muller this league. We are miles away and it shows.  Were pap. "

"We were outclassed from one end of the pitch to the other and the only reason we got even close was because Blackburn thought it was so easy they took their foot of the gas! Blackburn well worth a bet for promotion."

If you haven't purposely selected comments that praise us, that shows just what an awful league this is.

Great day out at Oxford. Maybe not an overall great performance 2nd half but we ground out a quality result.
Ratings (feel free to disagree or agree)
Raya- 5. Smart save off a header but erratic kicking and almost suicidal dribbling
Williams-6. Didn't do much wrong and got stuck in when needed
Mulgrew-8 (MOTM). Great brace, composed throughout and led the line in exemplary fashion
Downing-7. Solid, really good bit of business from Mowbray.
Nyambe- 6. A bit shaky on the ball, didn't get beaten that much though.
Bennett- 7. Did well to get in the cross for the Nuttall goal, was dangerous throughout
Smallwood 6- quite quiet but didn't do terribly, midfield was a bit weak though in the second half
Evans 6- Again, didn't impress hugely but didn't really do that much wrong, could have got stuck in a tad more at times.
Dack 8- Tireless in closing down and a cut above when on the ball, a great performance.
Antonnson 7- A good performance, nice finish but dragged off in the second half very early on as he appeared fatigued.
Nuttall 7- Was a bit lost at the start of the game but got involved well and took his chance nicely, always seems a handful for defenders when chasing.

SUBS

Harper 6- Had a bit of a mare around the 60th minute but looks a work in progress
Graham 5- Didn't really do much as he was brought on very late
Samuel 6- Flattered to deceive but had a few nice dribbles, first touch was heavy though.

7 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I said earlier that I didn't see the goals... doesn't excuse that pathetic excuse of a performance after the 3 goals though. We've won away from home and I have less confidence in this manager and this set of players than I did before kick off.

Rover fan?i don't think so.

Very good game by boys tonight,always going to win after string start.Tony taking us up,team getting familiar with play and each other.I hope chap that falls on steps is ok.

More steins.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you can't enjoy 4 goals away from home and an important 3 points until the morning at least then you've lost your soul.

Whatever way you paint it that was a brilliant result.

It's called being a realist, we won't go up playing like that. By the way, it was against Oxford United, Fing Oxford United, forgive me if I'm not excited.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Being upset at winning 4-2 away has nothing to do with reality.

When did I say I was upset? I said that it was a pathetic performance but I'll take it. Being annoyed with a poor performance both from the manager and the players is called being a realist. If I watched that and said that I was happy with the performance, I wouldn't be a realist. Get it?

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

When did I say I was upset? I said that it was a pathetic performance but I'll take it. Being annoyed with a poor performance both from the managers and the players is called being a realist. If I watched that and said that I was happy with the performance, I wouldn't be a realist. Get it?

...and I thought I was miserable. Crying out loud I'm not saying its all sunshine and rainbows (though I can't see why you're so angry with the performance tonight) but at least have a 24 hour cooling off period.

What did you expect 10-0?

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

When did I say I was upset? I said that it was a pathetic performance but I'll take it. Being annoyed with a poor performance both from the manager and the players is called being a realist. If I watched that and said that I was happy with the performance, I wouldn't be a realist. Get it?

I definitely 'get it'. We won 4-2 and you're saying it was a poor performance.

29 minutes ago, AAK said:

Took their foot off the gas ! Doesn't sound good and asks questions of the substitutes and their impact to take the game on when they had the opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

...and I thought I was miserable. Crying out loud I'm not saying its all sunshine and rainbows (though I can't see why you're so angry with the performance tonight) but at least have a 24 hour cooling off period.

What did you expect 10-0?

24 hours won't change a shit performance. If we were sat here talking about a 4-4 draw (which looked very feasible result after Mowbray decided he was going to play 3 up front), Mowbray would be getting pelters. The fact that Oxford didn't capitalise on a golden opportunity to get back in the game doesn't mean our performance was any better than it was. 

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

Took their foot off the gas ! Doesn't sound good and asks questions of the substitutes and their impact to take the game on when they had the opportunity.

"Took their foot off the gas" doesn't really cover it, it was more like driving full speed at oncoming traffic

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

24 hours won't change a shit performance. If we were sat here talking about a 4-4 draw (which looked very feasible result after Mowbray decided he was going to play 3 up front), Mowbray would be getting pelters. The fact that Oxford didn't capitalise on a golden opportunity to get back in the game doesn't mean our performance was any better than it was. 

Well did you at least feel the first 22 minutes were OK?

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

:lol: 

What was their golden opportunity? Only having to score 5 goals to win?

Archived