BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

I only started watching after the goals went in, but from what I saw it was pretty awful.

Maybe you're just bitter you missed all the fun :lol:.

I've looked around elsewhere and can't see anyone who thinks it was as awful as you portray it.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was surprised we saw out the game with all three of our centre forwards on the pitch. That sounds a bit un balanced in my opinion.

Still needs 52 to make the 80 the holy grail maybe sooner than later better.

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

"Took their foot off the gas" doesn't really cover it, it was more like driving full speed at oncoming traffic

Theyre saying we where in control thus the easing off which asks what did the new guys subs contribute to the motion.

Just now, JAL said:

Theyre saying we where in control thus the easing off which asks what did the new guys subs contribute to the motion.

Depends if it was easing off (which is weakness if you're doing it out of kindness) or just unable to keep up the peak performance rate of the first 22 minutes. Which is somewhat understandable.

8 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Maybe you're just bitter you missed all the fun :lol:.

I've looked around elsewhere and can't see anyone who thinks it was as awful as you portray it.

From my experience, Rovers fans are very fickle. When we win, everything is rosy and when we lose, the sky is falling down, Blueboy being a great example. I believe that the full games are uploaded onto the Rovers website (although you'll have to pay), so you can judge for yourself if you want.

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Being upset at winning 4-2 away has nothing to do with reality.

A bit harsh that.

It sounds like we were unplayable for the first half an hour, but, naturally, I missed that part of the commentary!

I heard the 2nd half and it was clear that we just could not keep the ball-again!. Garner was concerned that our midfield had lost its shape. At one time, he said "both midfield and defenders are panicking but I don't know why.." He also criticised the decision making of players..

Make no mistake, this is a very important win, but we all know there is much work still required to make this into a promotion machine!

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

From my experience, Rovers fans are very fickle. When we win, everything is rosy and when we lose, the sky is falling down, Blueboy being a great example. I believe that the full games are uploaded onto the Rovers website (although you'll have to pay), so you can judge for yourself if you want.

Most fans are like that who support any club. No great phenomenon.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A bit harsh that.

It sounds like we were unplayable for the first half an hour, but, naturally, I missed that part of the commentary!

I heard the 2nd half and it was clear that we just could not keep the ball-again!. Garner was concerned that our midfield had lost its shape. At one time, he said "both midfield and defenders are panicking but I don't know why.." He also criticised the decision making of players..

Make no mistake, this is a very important win, but we all know there is much work still required to make this into a promotion machine!

Sorry for the confused face - fat thumb syndrome.

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Rather that than the sky falling down when we win 4-2. You're not fickle, you're irrational.

A bit harsh that.

Maybe bringing Harper on for Evans instead of Whittingham wasn't too smart. Having said that if you don't give the players a go you never know if they can do it or not. Is Tomlinson available for selection yet ?

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Well the sky has been falling for the last 7 years but before that I was pretty content.

We are all in the same boat there i just can't bring myself  to wallow in misery the whole time i like it when Blackburn Rovers win. Do i wish we were still a well run premiership  side you bet i do but it's still nice to win away from home mid week

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe bringing Harper on for Evans instead of Whittingham wasn't too smart. Having said that if you don't give the players a go you never know if they can do it or not. Is Tomlinson available for selection yet ?

I think Harper was fine with the ball..not without it etc. But to give TM the benefit of the doubt, I guess he has to try and save his players during a period of so many games

I think Harper was fine with the ball..not without it etc. But to give TM the benefit of the doubt, I guess he has to try and save his players during a period of so many games

Yeah maybe he was thinking with us being in such a commanding position saving whittinghams legs for the weekend was more important than bringing him on to help see out a game that we were so far ahead in.

If we were playing crap and winning 1-0 every week I'd be delighted. If we're not playing brilliantly, but notching 3 or 4 every game i'm going to be even more ecstatic.

I thought at Bury we didn't play brilliantly but were fairly clinical with the finishing. It sounds as though the same might have been the case as according to the match stats  we scored with all 4 of our on target attempts.

Long may it continue. I was particularly oleased about how for possibly for the first time this season we took the game away from the opposition inside the opening half hour as opposed to trying to stay in the game for the first hour or so.

If we can score 3 or 4 goals every tiime we go out we're giving ourself every chance. Silky performances as well can come after.

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Nothing fourtwoitous about notching four goals away from home. 

Stamp out the needless tinkering Tony, and we have a chance.

Clever :lol:

Very true about the tinkering too. I'm over the moon about the result today but part of me is still unsure of what is around the corner with this team at the moment. 

I think RVBlue is getting some unfair criticism. The result did flatter and we capitalised on a capitulation in their defence early on. That said good teams take their chances and we did that. The performance in the second half was poor and could have let them back into the game had they more quality. Game management wise it wasn't the best I've seen. 

Scoring 4 goals though makes it 7 in 2. Dack is certainly in form and we've found our scoring boots. If only Chapman wasn't injured I'd be feeling way more optimistic right now. Our attacking flair is certainly taking shape but still feel a few fresh additions in Jan will benefit. Antonsonn got a goal but didn't offer much else again, whereas Bennett and dack gave what we expect of them again. The depth in those areas lacks as shown by the substitutions. 

Harper had a fairly decent cameo if slightly irresponsible in possession. He won the ball back a fair number of times but seemed to give it away a lot too. Could be down to lack of game time. 

Back 4 was ok and mulgrew really is the centrepiece. Let's pray he stays fit. 

All in all a pleasing night. It's the result that counts at the end of the day but one can't help but feel ever so slightly disappointed they managed to get 2 goals back. We should have been able to see that game out for the clean sheet I feel. At 3-0 up you have little reason to break shape and concede, albeit their first goal being an emphatic finish after a tidy bit of skill. The second was just lazy defending in my opinion and shouldn't have happened. 

Archived