SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford away Tuesday

jim mk2

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

3 points and the leaders and one other team in the top 6 lost, we'll take that!

Must capitalise at weekend now with other top 6 teams playing each other 

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Did you have a bet on 1-4?

I watched most of the first half and all of the second, it was the worst we've played all season and if I didn't know the score I'd have thought that we were losing. I'll take it hut that really was shocking.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I watched most of the first half and all of the second, it was the worst we've played all season and if I didn't know the score I'd have thought that we were losing. I'll take it hut that really was shocking.

You watched it ,i didn't, but listened on the radio, we battered them in the first twenty, where 3-0 up some players took their foot off the pedal but Evans picking up an injury seemed to hinder the rhythm in our game from the commentary. We blew them apart in the first twenty

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

3 points and the leaders and one other team in the top 6 lost, we'll take that!

Must capitalise at weekend now with other top 6 teams playing each other 

Wigan have Rotherham. Won’t be easy away from home though. We just need to capitalise on our match - big game. Can we back up our recent two away results at an expectant Ewood?

Just now, islander200 said:

You watched it ,i didn't, but listened on the radio, we battered them in the first twenty, where 3-0 up some players took their foot off the pedal but Evans picking up an injury seemed to hinder the rhythm in our game from the commentary. We blew them apart in the first twenty

What's the problem with Evans ? Is he made of chocolate ?

Very good result and crucially weve made ground on Shrewsbury and Bradford.

Fair play to Mowbray for going for it first half, and trusting in Nuttall.

From listening to the game, found his second half tactics very strange and it seemed to invite pressure, 3-1 up with Evans limping off you have to bring on Whittingham to give you composure and kill the game. Harper sounded all at sea and from what I've seen, cant be trusted in such situations so I found that strange.

Rayas kicking sounded typically poor too.

Hope to see us build some momentum as we should be feared in this league.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean worse than we played at Oldham ? How come ?

From what I saw, it was at least just as bad. We couldn't string two passes together, Smallwood and an absolute stinker, at 3-1 all of our players were sh1ting themselves everytime the ball went near them, and Mowbray inexplicably played 3 up front when we were defending a lead (even though Nuttall was understandably out on his feet).

7 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

You then probably missed Rovers 3 goal salvo inside the first 22 minutes.

Your comment is that of an idiot.

You clearly know nothing about football.

Well done Rovers tonight.

Decent performance, battered them for first 30 mins, then stupidly conceded that goal right before the whistle, good little player though is Payne. Second half all them first 15 mins, then evened out really and Bennett suddenly remembered for the first time this season that he can actually run at players and not just that but go past them, who would have thought, and that created the goal for the Nutt, very scrappy goal, but it was a goal.

Just now, RV Blue said:

From what I saw, it was at least just as bad. We couldn't string two passes together, Smallwood and an absolute stinker, at 3-1 all of our players were sh1ting themselves everytime the ball went near them, and Mowbray inexplicably played 3 up front when we were defending a lead (even though Nuttall was understandably out on his feet).

Cheers for that. I was hoping the score would have meant a good performance.

• Backroom

Rotherham v Wigan

Scunthorpe v Charlton

Shrewsbury v Bradford

Thats a great set of fixtures for rovers this weekend, win and we make ground on at least 2 teams above us 

1 minute ago, tonygreenbank said:

You then probably missed Rovers 3 goal salvo inside the first 22 minutes.

Your comment is that of an idiot.

You clearly know nothing about football.

Well done Rovers tonight.

I said earlier that I didn't see the goals... doesn't excuse that pathetic excuse of a performance after the 3 goals though. We've won away from home and I have less confidence in this manager and this set of players than I did before kick off.

Archived