BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Willy waving over who has the worst owners very evident on that thread, jesus when did that in itself turn into a comp. No doubt Venkys, Coventrys & Oystons ARE the top 3 worst in the country by a long long way when judged over the past 7 years. It seems like any league they jostle about for top spot in that 3 on a regular basis.

However plenty to wary about reading the other stuff including the new guy and his bad transfers in and TMs staying power.

Lot's of twists and turns to come yet.

Would have thought his strategy is to get the fans on board win promotion with a good signing or two in January then screw us over come the summer when everyone's on a high.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Stuart said:

All good (and sobering) points.

Just looking at it objectively - difficult for a fan - in the last 12 months they haven’t said a word. Not a word. Yet our absentee landlords have covered last seasons losses, brought in a credible manager with a budget, and (on the face of it) a ‘proper’ CEO. The players we have brought in aside from one or two peripheral players have taken us to the right end of the league - or at least met fans expectations of where we should be.

Granted it’s very much a glass half full view (maybe really only a quarter full, but still) and we are looking, temporarily granted, at the liquid part rather than the air part. If they had done this at the start we might not be in this mess.

Fully take your point about the potential for the rug to be pulled from under us though. A January sale of Mulgrew would certainly flip the mood. The timing of the new CEO just before the January window makes it easy to expect the worst, but in 7/8 years of this shower, I don’t think it has ever felt as good as it has this last couple of months.

An excellent post Stuart, which succinctly sums up where we are right now with Venkys .

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Would have thought his strategy is to get the fans on board win promotion with a good signing or two in January then screw us over come the summer when everyone's on a high.

Bury bad news under the good type of thing.

Would also be a brilliant opportunity to flog it as well though !

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Next Week: I didn't know who Mark Venus was when he walked through the doors at Brockhall.

I know you are saying that tongue in cheek, but big difference between assistant manager and CEO. I can't see anyway that Venkys would appoint a CEO on the recommendation of a manager, particularly after sacking , I have lost count of how many all ready. 

It is a coincidence we have gone for 2 Coventry guys though, in Mowbray and Waggot, I suppose 3 if you count Val Venus 

The plausible alternative to Mowbray himself appointing Waggott is that Venkys like Mowbray and so decided their best chance with a new CEO was to find one who recently worked at the same place as Mowbray. The logic being that Coventry City is the place to look for new managers/coaches/executives because Mowbray has turned out alright for them so the rest will.

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The plausible alternative to Mowbray himself appointing Waggott is that Venkys like Mowbray and so decided their best chance with a new CEO was to find one who recently worked at the same place as Mowbray. The logic being that Coventry City is the place to look for new managers/coaches/executives because Mowbray has turned out alright for them so the rest will.

But Waggott has worked in many different roles before and after Coventry, Mowbray has also had many different roles before Coventry. Bit of an over simplification in your idea I think :) 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think they are learning though. 

Perhaps, but it's going to take a bit more than a few wins in League 1 and the appointment to CEO of a mate of the manager to prove that. I don't berate them for the sake of it, and I err on the side that they were mainly sinned against rather than sinned, but it's far too early to say they have learned or are learning anything. One whole season of not making a single monumentally bad decision would be a start. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Perhaps, but it's going to take a bit more than a few wins in League 1 and the appointment to CEO of a mate of the manager to prove that. I don't berate them for the sake of it, and I err on the side that they were mainly sinned against rather than sinned, but it's far too early to say they have learned or are learning anything. One whole season of not making a single monumentally bad decision would be a start. 

Totally agree with that, except the CEO being a mate of the manager part ;) 

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think they are learning though. 

Even for those with vast wealth at their disposal it still finally boils down to brass at the end of the day and I don't think it's a coincidence that a grain of sense finally seems to be evident after a thorough independent financial review.

I've always been of the opinion that one of those audit firms was in there on behalf of someone else, probably the bank or someone else whose tipping up money, maybe even representing other VH group shareholders from the very top who knows. However the club seems to have been finally got a grip of and perhaps they've realised it's better to follow advice of football finance experts rather than football agents and agencies.

If you actually appoint football people in the club along with a competent honest hardworking gaffer with no agenda then that is the way to go. If that's the case the real test is them sticking to it. 

By the way do I think they are learning ?  Do I F*%£  it's more likely they've been reigned in !

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Totally agree with that, except the CEO being a mate of the manager part ;) 

“I know Steve well, I am looking forward to seeing him"  Mogga

The bit the LT didn't print was the rest of the sentence    "...in my Jacuzzi on Christmas Day when I'm having some of my besties round for a piss up"

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

“I know Steve well, I am looking forward to seeing him"  Mogga

The bit the LT didn't print was the rest of the sentence    "...in my Jacuzzi on Christmas Day when I'm having some of my besties round for a piss up"

Partying with Balaji, Xmas day jacuzzi parties. Tony leads a very exciting life in your imagination :D 

Archived