BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well he's doing a 'networking event' at 4pm tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/BusinessRovers/status/957941227672035328

Luke Staton? I think I remember him in the youth team and he ended up at York if it's the same bloke.

Is this another appointment that has gone under the radar?

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It is, he’s a ‘motivational speaker’ now. 

Another of these manufactured roles for which a fortune is charged. What a load of bollocks.

I saw Olympian Steve Smith once and he motivated me to sleep.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:30, tomphil said:

Then he took them to court ........

That one ran deep I tell you, hopefully this one won't end up in another pay off. 

Amazing how they let that run to the very last minute too and then settled out of court. The cynic in me, has me wondering if they were afraid of something coming out that would have created problems for them had they let it proceed.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Quite.

He clearly had something on them....One flew over the chicken farm...

28 minutes ago, lraC said:

Amazing how they let that run to the very last minute too and then settled out of court. The cynic in me, has me wondering if they were afraid of something coming out that would have created problems for them had they let it proceed.

Was a few weeks ago that discussion but it still shows just a tiny part of what’s gone on here, and it’s a reason in a plethora of others for our slide.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So its now been 6 weeks to the day since this bloke was announced as our new CEO. Any sign of this interview the Telegraph we were supposed to be getting with him?

Is it that important? I’d rather us concentrate on improving the clubs fortunes on and off the field. In 3 days, barring late business, that would be two windows in a row of decent and sensible transfers that should help push us forward over time. This is my primary concern, not how he answers questions.

3 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

He should be doing Tony's next appraisal on Wednesday with Suhail.

You talk as if there is a decision to make on his immediate future. 

As a CEO he might well be here to oversee the business side of things more than the football apart from the usual dotting of i's etc on official football stuff. Might not be a bad thing it was certainly needed on the corporate/business side of things, let's face it whoever is in that seat he still isn't going to be running the show everything big will still be made by the Indians and ahem.....whomever.

As long as his remit doesn't include raising funds from fixed assets we should be ok he'll probably not be around long anyway ;)

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Was a few weeks ago that discussion but it still shows just a tiny part of what’s gone on here, and it’s a reason in a plethora of others for our slide.

Is it that important? I’d rather us concentrate on improving the clubs fortunes on and off the field. In 3 days, barring late business, that would be two windows in a row of decent and sensible transfers that should help push us forward over time. This is my primary concern, not how he answers questions.

You talk as if there is a decision to make on his immediate future. 

Before announcing the decision I would don a black cap!

I raised it because the Telegraph reporter said some time ago that he was arranging an interview with him, only 6 weeks on it doesn't appear to have happened and nothing has been said about it. I was merely wondering where things were up to with it. It might not be important in the scheme of things but usually newly appointed Chairmen/Chief Executives do lengthy interviews so fans know who they are and what they do.

On 30/01/2018 at 01:05, JHRover said:

So its now been 6 weeks to the day since this bloke was announced as our new CEO. Any sign of this interview the Telegraph we were supposed to be getting with him?

Steve said at the Fans Forum two weeks ago that his first focus was on sorting out the transfer window and then he planned to do some wider communications.

Came across okay to me, didn't say much about the Venkys only that they are private and benefactors to the club, he goes to India 4 times per year for board meetings, and is in charge, maybe moving forward even Sulihial or whatever he is called will not be required, although could be just another false dawn, lets see how it all pans out. At least we seem to have a plan. 

I would imagine he would need clearance with regards managerial appointments , but that they will ,hopefully, trust his judgement as he is the man on the ground.

I'd say transfers are more straight forward, there is a budget and he needs to work within that. I assume he will probably be looking for more money than is suggested if we go up. 

Certainly appeared to give the impression of a 'transition' in which he assumes more responsibility at the expense of Cheston and Suhail. He explained that Cheston now reports to him as FD whilst Suhail acts in more of an 'advisory' role keeping his eye on things but that Waggott has direct lines to India. Wouldn't surprise me if Suhail gradually drifts more into the background and spends less time at the club.

All this makes me wonder whether there has been another power shift. I get the impression that 2015-2017 was dominated by Balaji with Mrs Desai stepping away from it - hence the belt tightening, player sales and instability with managers. I don't know for sure but the impression I have got is that Suhail is a Balaji assistant. It now seems we've reverted back to a Kean/Bowyer era situation where the manager has access to Mrs D, has the power entrusted in him to run the club and gets funding from the head honcho.

It seems Mrs Desai is back on the scene - Mowbray has gone to India and met her, attempts made to rebuild the board, more money released, better players retained - telling that Waggott has mentioned his interview was with Mr and Mrs Desai rather than the brothers, and I'm sure Mowbray has only ever referred to Mr and Mrs Desai when dealing with the owners.

If I was guessing here I'd say Mrs D and her hubby were far from impressed with relegation last season having handed the reigns to Balaji, it may well have been them who brought in the accountants to get a full picture of the situation and it is they who are backing the manager and appearing to get some things sorted out.

Archived