BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Backroom

Something obviously went on this summer as you don't bring in two auditing firms for no reason. The relative pace of our transfer dealings in the summer and during January (compared to the usual Venky time) suggests there has been some kind of shift in power/decision making. We can only guess as to whether that's due to alterations within the Venky family hierarchy as relates to the club, or whether there's some kind of outside influence connecting the ex-Coventry crew and the Indians. Before anyone yells conspiracy, it's not like Venky's haven't taken advisement from elsewhere before. Perhaps they've finally found someone whose advice is actually half decent? 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JAL said:

If Waggots to be open and transparent at Rovers can he put every players agent and agency to that player, coach and manager from the youths through to seniors. 

Thank you !

If you are that concerned or interested you should put the suggestion direct to Steve Waggot.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

so Waggot goes to India 4 times a year... Can somebody ask Waggot, how many times a year Venkys will be at Ewood? 

Why? Does anyone care? It would turn into a sideshow, I'm happy for them to stay away there's no point in them pretending to care 

Holding 4 Board meetings in India would probably make BFRC tax resident in India, bringing into play a lot of unnecessary compliance. So although sounds good in the paper to show that the Raos would care enough to do that, I think unlikely in practice.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Holding 4 Board meetings in India would probably make BFRC tax resident in India, bringing into play a lot of unnecessary compliance. So although sounds good in the paper to show that the Raos would care enough to do that, I think unlikely in practice.

That's no good to them you wouldn't think seeing as it's assumed BRFC is their offshore tax avoidance scheme from India :lol:

Back to the cat and it's vet visits ..........

Just now, OJRovers said:

Who said anything about board meetings in India?? 

They'll presumably say that Waggott's trips to India aren't 'board meetings' but are merely catch up chats whilst Cheston, Babu and Coar don't attend.

If they can get away with 1 active director running the club along with 'the shadow' man in the background then I'm sure they'll get away with doing things however they want.

As ever the proof will be in the pudding. Waggott says all the right things and it's nice to listen to but you really must have been born yesterday if you're happy just to lap it all up and tell yourself everything is going to be happy ever after. There's too much water under the bridge for that approach. Williams, Finn, Agnew, Shaw, Myers, Rao, Singh, Hunt x 2,  Senior and Cheston are ample evidence.

It's not being negative and it's not harking on about irrelevant stuff from years ago. It's simply a fact that we've a long line of people who have turned up here saying nice things and promising allsorts and the current record of survival is a couple of years before being replaced by another one.

Of course I hope Waggott is different and that somehow, somewhere Venkys have suddenly decided they need a competent CEO in place, but like I say, I'll believe that when I see the fruits of it over a sustained period of time and not because he sounds good on Radio Lancashire or he told Joe Bloggs this, that and the other on the car park.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

They'll presumably say that Waggott's trips to India aren't 'board meetings' but are merely catch up chats whilst Cheston, Babu and Coar don't attend.

If they can get away with 1 active director running the club along with 'the shadow' man in the background then I'm sure they'll get away with doing things however they want.

As ever the proof will be in the pudding. Waggott says all the right things and it's nice to listen to but you really must have been born yesterday if you're happy just to lap it all up and tell yourself everything is going to be happy ever after. There's too much water under the bridge for that approach. Williams, Finn, Agnew, Shaw, Myers, Rao, Singh, Hunt x 2,  Senior and Cheston are ample evidence.

It's not being negative and it's not harking on about irrelevant stuff from years ago. It's simply a fact that we've a long line of people who have turned up here saying nice things and promising allsorts and the current record of survival is a couple of years before being replaced by another one.

Of course I hope Waggott is different and that somehow, somewhere Venkys have suddenly decided they need a competent CEO in place, but like I say, I'll believe that when I see the fruits of it over a sustained period of time and not because he sounds good on Radio Lancashire or he told Joe Bloggs this, that and the other on the car park.

If they’d actually fully employed a professional and experienced advisor (Pasha), an experienced CEO with a remit (Waggott) and an experienced manager (Mowbray) from the start.. I don’t think we’d be in this position. 

On that basis alone, it’s positive step. 

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

If they’d actually fully employed a professional and experienced advisor (Pasha), an experienced CEO with a remit (Waggott) and an experienced manager (Mowbray) from the start.. I don’t think we’d be in this position. 

Or ,even better, just kept what we had in place. 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Is Pasha experienced in the world of football?
Glucose drinks and biscuits, maybe. Football - no.

Pasha an experienced advisor ?

Maybe better described as trusted by them but then again he's supposedly been around from the start so what has he been advising at times ?

Oh and let's not forget the good old Kentaro link. 

Yes I did notice Waggot being another one referring to owners AND stakeholders yet no one ever pulls them up on this and says just for clarification to whom do you refer when you mention many stakeholders ?  It would be quite simple and perfectly reasonable to ask this.

12 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Suhail Shaikh was a "fixer" for Kentaro.

Still unclear if his true allegiance is with Venkys or the stakeholders.

Still around though and as Waggott confirms... everyone reports to Steve except Suhail who operates in parallel.

What is certain is Steve can't ever fire Suhail but Suhail can have Steve removed.

nothing changed here folks

Suhail works for Venky's and his remit seems far wider than just Blackburn Rovers.  Waggott runs the operation at Ewood - a huge amount has changed over the past twelve months and it would appear that Mr. & Mrs. Desai are now overseeing the operation rather than Balaji.  Small steps perhaps, but they do seem to be steps in the right direction at long last.  More fans are coming back to Ewood and there is a better feel about the place on matchdays.  

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Suhail works for Venky's and his remit seems far wider than just Blackburn Rovers.  Waggott runs the operation at Ewood - a huge amount has changed over the past twelve months and it would appear that Mr. & Mrs. Desai are now overseeing the operation rather than Balaji.  Small steps perhaps, but they do seem to be steps in the right direction at long last.  More fans are coming back to Ewood and there is a better feel about the place on matchdays.  

If you don't mind me asking where do you get that information from? Is it your belief or do you have it from somebody that this is the case.

Archived