BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes I did notice Waggot being another one referring to owners AND stakeholders yet no one ever pulls them up on this and says just for clarification to whom do you refer when you mention many stakeholders ?  It would be quite simple and perfectly reasonable to ask this.

He has promised to be open and honest, so perhaps if anyone has an E Mail address for him, they can drop him a line.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If you don't mind me asking where do you get that information from? Is it your belief or do you have it from somebody that this is the case.

Both Mowbray and the new CEO have said that they deal directly with Mr. & Mrs. Desai.  

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or ,even better, just kept what we had in place. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is Pasha experienced in the world of football?
Glucose drinks and biscuits, maybe. Football - no.

57 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Pasha an experienced advisor ?

Maybe better described as trusted by them but then again he's supposedly been around from the start so what has he been advising at times ?

Oh and let's not forget the good old Kentaro link. 

Ofcourse BDS - that was really my point. It’s took 7 years to have a structure anywhere near that.

As far as I am aware, Pasha is directly employed by the Rao’s - not simply a paid advisor, he is therefore likely to be passing on advice that’s in our interest, as his job likely depends on it. He’s also been involved in football before and has the owners trust - not the perfect appointment but I’d rather they utilised someone of this ilk, as opposed to the failed pundit Shebby Singh.

Stakeholders is a business term for “people with interest” in the company. Fans, employees, the general community and council, subsidiaries, suppliers et al. I think some of us are mixing up that term with shareholders.

26 minutes ago, Biz said:

Ofcourse BDS - that was really my point. It’s took 7 years to have a structure anywhere near that.

As far as I am aware, Pasha is directly employed by the Rao’s - not simply a paid advisor, he is therefore likely to be passing on advice that’s in our interest, as his job likely depends on it. He’s also been involved in football before and has the owners trust - not the perfect appointment but I’d rather they utilised someone of this ilk, as opposed to the failed pundit Shebby Singh.

Stakeholders is a business term for “people with interest” in the company. Fans, employees, the general community and council, subsidiaries, suppliers et al. I think some of us are mixing up that term with shareholders.

I've plenty experience of business and it's terms and 'speak' ta, also why some terms get pushed and some don't.

Just struck me how in regards to Rovers it's only recently started being used first by Senior and also just after a time when some other rumours were floating about. Maybe nothing possibly it's just part of a new charm offensive but maybe not.

Knowing how sensitive those with their name over the door are to what gets said by their charges it just seemed it might be relevant.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

just picking up the "advisor" point.

Mike held interviews (Coyle wasn't one of them), recommended Warnock, went on holiday, came back, someone (Balaji) had hired Coyle... on who's advice ?

Suhail's job wasn't affected by that advice was it.

The Kentaro SEM link was of course pure coincidence but the advice was terrible.

We don’t know for certain exactly what transpired, but you’ll get no argument from me against the stupidity of that decision. I genuinely think Coyle was “another” example of an agent exploiting the void between the club, the day to day running and the actual decision makers.

My original point states that if* the owners had that structure in (*or kept the original from the start) those chancers don’t get their oar in. It’s a positive step to employee a proper CEO, and I also like how he left interview/discussion till after the transfer window. That’s a decision that shows he has the correct priorities for a start.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've plenty experience of business and it's terms and 'speak' ta, also why some terms get pushed and some don't.

Just struck me how in regards to Rovers it's only recently started being used first by Senior and also just after a time when some other rumours were floating about. Maybe nothing possibly it's just part of a new charm offensive but maybe not.

Knowing how sensitive those with their name over the door are to what gets said by their charges it just seemed it might be relevant.

It’s a stretch to find some level of conspiracy on the use of a term I hear businesses use constantly, to describe their customers. Especially when the conspiracy inferred is relevant to shadow ownership. Owners and customers are on very separate ends of the scale.

Sensitive to what their charges say? I’ve never seen them react to anything of such other than the Simon Hunt sacking, which was a leaked private letter anyway.

38 minutes ago, Biz said:

He’s also been involved in football before

Has he? Where was that? I was under the impression he ended up here because he was one of a small pool of people the Indians truly 'trust' and that was why they had sent him here to do their dirty work.

Just now, JHRover said:

Has he? Where was that? I was under the impression he ended up here because he was one of a small pool of people the Indians truly 'trust' and that was why they had sent him here to do their dirty work.

I might be wrong and I’m far too tired to research right now; I thought he’d worked in a few different sports agencies (SEM/Kentaro) and for the Indian FA?

Im not talking a wealth of amazing experience here but I am talking about someone who at least has been employed to make decisions, as opposed to the other example of their “small pool”; Shebby! 

Its positive steps I accept, the most important point being that he is actually labelled as CEO and not some made up alternative title like in previous years.

However there is still that nagging doubt about it for me. Waggott mentions a few times how he needs to 'build up' trust with the owners over time. He also mentions how Tony very quickly built up this trust with them over the summer and we can see the result of that with them leaving him to get on with it.

Their bonkers way of doing business is still alive and kicking - they value 'trust' and personality over results which I am concerned about because its the old story again.

Why does Waggott need to build up trust with them? They've just employed him to run their club which should be all the trust he needs. Why do they need to keep Suhail in place as their 'advisor' when they are now paying Waggott a fortune to do the job - a man who by any measure has a lot more knowledge of the industry than Suhail?

11 minutes ago, Biz said:

It’s a stretch to find some level of conspiracy on the use of a term I hear businesses use constantly, to describe their customers. Especially when the conspiracy inferred is relevant to shadow ownership. Owners and customers are on very separate ends of the scale.

Sensitive to what their charges say? I’ve never seen them react to anything of such other than the Simon Hunt sacking, which was a leaked private letter anyway.

Sorry Mr Richard of Branson I bow your superior business knowledge which you've obviously gained over many years working in business. I have to ask of you is there actually anything you really don't know ?

There is no one inventing any conspiracy only you in your anti conspiracy head 'It's raining outside' - 'No it's not it's just water dropping from the sky' :lol:

If someone holds a stake in something they are referred to as a stakeholder so yes it could mean fans, ST holders etc etc it's a blanket term and could also refer to some who've put money in as an investment or loan so it's perfectly natural to question it without the merest hint of conspiracy.

As for sensitive you know damn well they hired a PR man the silenced him and hasn't part of the problem for fans been lack of communication ? Wasn't Pascha told to keep shtum despite repeated requests for dialogue from him ? 

Your really are hard work for no other reason than being hard work on here at times.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sorry Mr Richard of Branson I bow your superior business knowledge which you've obviously gained over many years working in business. I have to ask of you is there actually anything you really don't know ?

There is no one inventing any conspiracy only you in your anti conspiracy head 'It's raining outside' - 'No it's not it's just water dropping from the sky' :lol:

If someone holds a stake in something they are referred to as a stakeholder so yes it could mean fans, ST holders etc etc it's a blanket term and could also refer to some who've put money in as an investment or loan so it's perfectly natural to question it without the merest hint of conspiracy.

As for sensitive you know damn well they hired a PR man the silenced him and hasn't part of the problem for fans been lack of communication ? Wasn't Pascha told to keep shtum despite repeated requests for dialogue from him ? 

Your really are hard work for no other reason than being hard work on here at times.

Holy moly, you seriously cannot take any element of disagreement can you? If it’s so hard work, just don’t bother.

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If I remember correctly there was a Suhail Pasha previously employed by Kentaro Sports. It could very well be the same Suhail as ours but I was always under the impression that our Pasha (how those words grate) headed the energy drinks/food/supplement arm of the Venky Corp.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Its positive steps I accept, the most important point being that he is actually labelled as CEO and not some made up alternative title like in previous years.

However there is still that nagging doubt about it for me. Waggott mentions a few times how he needs to 'build up' trust with the owners over time. He also mentions how Tony very quickly built up this trust with them over the summer and we can see the result of that with them leaving him to get on with it.

Their bonkers way of doing business is still alive and kicking - they value 'trust' and personality over results which I am concerned about because its the old story again.

Why does Waggott need to build up trust with them? They've just employed him to run their club which should be all the trust he needs. Why do they need to keep Suhail in place as their 'advisor' when they are now paying Waggott a fortune to do the job - a man who by any measure has a lot more knowledge of the industry than Suhail?

Oh JHR - I’ll never be comfortable with the way these shysters run the club I’m just stating that the structure element has been a huge issue for some time and at last, on the surface, it appears someone has suggested an alternative route.

Ofcourse the irony here is, that was probably the eternally lambasted MC or Pasha who pushed for this - in fact I seem to recall MC suggesting st several meetings the club needed more experienced directors (seem to recall a BRFCS poster asking him what happens if he’s ill!)

The only other suggestion on that is TM, and that route is rather worrying for the same reasons you suggest about professional relationships based on personality.

Either way, as you say the proof is in the pudding. 

Just now, Biz said:

Holy moly, you seriously cannot take any element of disagreement can you? If it’s so hard work, just don’t bother.

No problem with disagreeing chief non at all I just take exception to your arrogant attitude of trying to paint everything as being presented as conspiracy when it's just an opinion or a question therefore matey it's you who can't handle it clearly.

In your world it's that's not my opinion I know better, based on nothing, or it's I don't agree therefore it's a conspiracy.

Like I said hard work but never mind we are used to you now.

Just now, tomphil said:

No problem with disagreeing chief non at all I just take exception to your arrogant attitude of trying to paint everything as being presented as conspiracy when it's just an opinion or a question therefore matey it's you who can't handle it clearly.

In your world it's that's not my opinion I know better, based on nothing, or it's I don't agree therefore it's a conspiracy.

Like I said hard work but never mind we are used to you now.

People post opinion and theories for discussion, is that not the rationale of the entire forum?

I felt this suggestion of a shadow ownership had no baring on the world “stakeholder” and you find it arrogant? Wouldn’t a shadow owner shed potential light and give truth to some of the conspiracies regarding why we’ve ended up in this league? It’s as if you’ve forgotten the meaning of the word.

You've got a serious persecution complex if you think that I post as if my opinion is fact, or anything but my opinion.

Finally, if you had become “used to me” now, you’d certainly refrain from turning what is a decent discussion on the pro’s/con’s of the new structure into a slanging match. I’ll leave you to your own echo.

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

People post opinion and theories for discussion, is that not the rationale of the entire forum?

I felt this suggestion of a shadow ownership had no baring on the world “stakeholder” and you find it arrogant? Wouldn’t a shadow owner shed potential light and give truth to some of the conspiracies regarding why we’ve ended up in this league? It’s as if you’ve forgotten the meaning of the word.

You've got a serious persecution complex if you think that I post as if my opinion is fact, or anything but my opinion.

Finally, if you had become “used to me” now, you’d certainly refrain from turning what is a decent discussion on the pro’s/con’s of the new structure into a slanging match. I’ll leave you to your own echo.

You dragged conspiracy into as you always do when your standard answer to everything of 'bad advice' won't suffice so therefore you've taken it away from the decent discussion nobody else but yet again that's true to form with you.

Quite ironic you have everything down to bad advice then in the next breath you have Pasha down as an experienced adviser !

Persecution complex :lol: that's belter even from you.

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Suhail works for Venky's and his remit seems far wider than just Blackburn Rovers.  Waggott runs the operation at Ewood - a huge amount has changed over the past twelve months and it would appear that Mr. & Mrs. Desai are now overseeing the operation rather than Balaji.  Small steps perhaps, but they do seem to be steps in the right direction at long last.  More fans are coming back to Ewood and there is a better feel about the place on matchdays.  

Big Sis taking the toys off the brat again could be good news, if Desai still wants to wash her hands of the club. Some sensible (on the the face of it) decisions making it appear like a normal football club could potentially be dressing up the shop window ready for the big sale :) 

4 hours ago, Biz said:

I might be wrong and I’m far too tired to research right now; I thought he’d worked in a few different sports agencies (SEM/Kentaro) and for the Indian FA?

Im not talking a wealth of amazing experience here but I am talking about someone who at least has been employed to make decisions, as opposed to the other example of their “small pool”; Shebby! 

Shebby did make decisions though. Bought Rhodes for a start and decided Kean had to go. Suhail Pasha? All I can remember about him is taking pics of protesters with a smile on his face.

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Big Sis taking the toys off the brat again could be good news, if Desai still wants to wash her hands of the club. Some sensible (on the the face of it) decisions making it appear like a normal football club could potentially be dressing up the shop window ready for the big sale :) 

We can only dream but it would be the perfect one if she got the house in order, looked to get it in the best place possible to get the most back from it then sell it to someone serious.

The reality is Barry and his many ear blowing friends who make a buck or three out of it and him continue to cling on till he finally gets totally fed up and punts it to the first idiot who offers him something under the table in exchange.

On 2/8/2018 at 15:26, Parsonblue said:

Suhail works for Venky's and his remit seems far wider than just Blackburn Rovers.  Waggott runs the operation at Ewood - a huge amount has changed over the past twelve months and it would appear that Mr. & Mrs. Desai are now overseeing the operation rather than Balaji.  Small steps perhaps, but they do seem to be steps in the right direction at long last.  More fans are coming back to Ewood and there is a better feel about the place on matchdays.  

Oh what wonderful news. A return to the good old days.

Madam's experience, decision making and track record speak for themselves !

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I believe them more than I believe some of the fantasies you come out with Jal;)

Yes, and that's why we are in the football wilderness of league one with a massive debt over the club. 

Ryan Nyambe what a dummy of a player, is that one of your fantasy players ?

I'll side away from conmen Parsonblue cheers.

Archived