BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

3 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

If you fell for the Paul Senior stunt and then you fall for the same stunt / different name again... well... not much else to say.

Chaddy now has a new messiah

Suhail now has a new invisible coat

Mike now has a speaker for the next bi-annual supporters meeting

I am sure Ba will be done by Monday and SW will be off by May... along with TM

:wacko:

You just cant resist mention me could you? 

more BS from you. lets have a look at certain things you have said that have never happened

1. Elton John's concert would be cancel. wrong, it happened and was very good by all accounts

2. Key players would be sold last summer? wrong, Mowbray kept all the players we wanted to keep. 

3. No money would be spent. wrong. we bought Dack and Samuel plus signed 11 other players. 

4. Venkys red light is on, wrong cos we signed 9 other after you claimed this. before we signed Samuel

5. Transfer deadline day, you claimed no signings would be made but we signed 3 players. and Feeney left. Hart, Downing and Harper signed 

on Waggott appointment, lets see what happened and reserve some caution but some positive about him. Plus what he does in his role as CEO

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Although I understand people being worried about the links between Waggot and Mowbray and the view it could make Mowbray unsackable, Mowbray strikes me as a man of integrity, he walked away from the Coventry job and I'd expect him to do the same here if he failed to get us promoted.He already said at the fans meeting that he wouldn't be much of a manager if he couldn't get this group promoted, I doubt he would have said that if he thought he would still be in the hot seat if we didn't go up.

It's a positive move for me.Waggots appointment and Mowbray overhauling our scouting department at least shows we are trying to get our house in order behind the scenes

agreed. Mowbray is looking long term and improving some key areas that need improve for years. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

At least it saves Pasha the trouble of having to attend the next consultation meeting in March. This time they can sit Waggott down to talk about his grand plans like Senior did last season, absorb all the attention and probing questions and then its out of the way again for another 6 months, by which time given previous track record one of Mowbray or Waggott will be down the road and replaced.

Maybe Pasha is going back to India full time now. for unknown reasons

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

My worry about this JHRover is the fact it is roughly the same time as when we appointed Senior last year. What is it about this time of year that the Venkys are keen to have a man in for? If this has truly been going on since before he took the job at Southend, a bizarre admission to make, then it is even more remarkable we couldn't secure him before now. If it has taken him 3+ months to become an employee of this club then, from the outset, we can probably assume his line of communication with the owners isn't instant and clearly not very efficient.

My huge worry, and I hope will be unfounded, is that January is a time they will look to recoup the fees they spent in the summer and they have appointed him to do that. I don't think anyone can blame any fan for having these thoughts with their history.

On the flip side it could very well be that he has got it on the recommendation of Mowbray. If it wasn't Mowbray, and say a worm like Coyle for example, I'd be extremely worried but for all my criticism of Mowbray tactically I do believe he is a man of integrity. I'd say he has no ambitions to fleece this club like others before him and do believe that if his job became as untenable as Coyle's or Kean's he'd walk.

I despise that I have seriously no idea on how any appointment is going to work out at this club anymore. Ultimately Waggot, Cheston, Myers, Shaw, Agnew, Mowbray, Venus and the Glucose-Man are all utter irrelevances because, quite simply, we are minutes away from disaster with Balaji and the other dope at the helm.

Senior was brought in by Pasha wasn't he? wasn't it 1st week in January Senior came in? Senior did want to sack to Coyle from day 1 but Venkys wouldn't authorised it. 

On the amount of time it took Venkys to appointed him? maybe he was interview but they interviewed other candidates aswell plus we know they don't rush do they.

I can tell you that Mowbray is a man of integrity and honestly unless certain previous managers we had under Venkys 

I don't see Venkys selling players this January and rocking the boat with Mowbray in charge and us in the top 3 of the league. Mowbray has always maintain that he has the final decision who leaves but I can deffo understand being cautious about this

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Athlete said:

Tbf all this Coventry link is getting a bit worrying as none of the three of them worked out successfully..

I'm still concerned about a manager influencing an executive-level appointment, which appears to be the case.

Having said that, I'm entirely in favour of having the CEO position back within the club, but that box will only be ticked for me if Waggott can operate in a similar way to how John Williams was able to. It seemed to me that Williams was given an annual budget to run the club with, and he just got on with it in his usual competent way. I'm not sure what lines of communication and approvals he had with the Trust, though, but whatever that operation was, the proof in the pudding showed it be seamless. Waggott needs that same chance, if he is to succeed.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And what happens if Mowbray had nothing to do with it and Waggott was headhunt by a recruitment agency?

It's highly unlikely, chaddy, given the Coventry City connection, and the amount of favour-doing for old pals and colleagues that you see so often in football.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Say Mowbray loses 10 on the bounce, will his mate sack him? Or does Mowbray decide if and when he leaves?

This is ultimately what concerns me. Managers don't often last long at clubs. You can always say that any manager is just ten games away from getting the boot! If we start going through a bad patch, just watch this Mowbray-Venus-Waggott connection get questioned.

Then again, would you rather Venkys pick the CEO, or Mowbray? :huh:

Pleasing in a sense but why does everything this club do feel very suspicious and not above board?

Am sure there are plenty of good CEOs around that we could have gone for rather than an old mate of the manager and assistant manager that all worked at Coventry, a club in a similar state to our own. Stinks of old jobs for the boys but we will be told he was the outstanding candidate and beat the likes of the Midlothian guy to the job. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what happens if Mowbray had nothing to do with it and Waggott was headhunt by a recruitment agency?

I'm sure if Rovers employed a recruitment company to tout the role we wouldn't be having this discussion 

Saw a tweet from the club saying all exec boxes sold out for Boxing Day.

I assume that happened as standard in the good ol’ days, but after hearing stories of the corporate areas being deserted for some games in recent seasons, surely a good sign?

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Pasha is going back to India full time now. for unknown reasons

Senior was brought in by Pasha wasn't he? wasn't it 1st week in January Senior came in? Senior did want to sack to Coyle from day 1 but Venkys wouldn't authorised it. 

On the amount of time it took Venkys to appointed him? maybe he was interview but they interviewed other candidates aswell plus we know they don't rush do they.

I can tell you that Mowbray is a man of integrity and honestly unless certain previous managers we had under Venkys 

I don't see Venkys selling players this January and rocking the boat with Mowbray in charge and us in the top 3 of the league. Mowbray has always maintain that he has the final decision who leaves but I can deffo understand being cautious about this

Perhaps the 'unknown reasons' are that he's not qualified to be running a professional football club and possibly not allowed to be doing, hence the extreme measures taken by himself and the club to conceal his existence. I'm afraid excuses like 'he's shy' or 'doesn't want publicity' only stretch so far before the alternative has to be considered - that he's actually been running the football club for the last couple of years from the shadows, possibly in contravention of the rules, during which time we've plummeted to our lowest point, sold all our quality players and been through 4 managers, and the reason for the secrecy is to avoid attracting unwanted attention from the authorities who might begin to probe the setup here.

I suspect you are correct that Senior was recruited by Pasha. What qualifies Pasha to be making such appointments is the concern. Also why senior executives are being brought into the club mid-season only to depart again a matter of months later and not be replaced.

It doesn't take 3-4 months to 'interview other candidates'. If there's a job that needs filling then you get it filled. Utterly ridiculous that it takes months of discussions to appoint anyone. I'm all for 'doing homework' and finding the best candidate but that period of time is ridiculous.

I'm sure Mowbray is a man of honesty and integrity. I've no reason to doubt that. I've no reason to doubt that Paul Lambert, Gary Bowyer, Henning Berg and Michael Appleton were also decent, honest, hardworking people. Do you?

Glad you can understand the need to be cautious about this. We've been done before with these sort of appointments and whilst I'm sure everyone hopes for the best here there's nothing wrong with being sceptical about the whole thing, especially the bizarre way in which it has come about and the obvious connection to the manager and his assistant.

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Saw a tweet from the club saying all exec boxes sold out for Boxing Day.

I assume that happened as standard in the good ol’ days, but after hearing stories of the corporate areas being deserted for some games in recent seasons, surely a good sign?

Yes I saw that. There's definitely been an increased effort from the club over the last year or two to sell more packages/ad boards etc.

Surprised they've managed to fill all 20 odd boxes given the usual level of occupancy but yes a good sign. I've never understood why with the corporate facilities Rovers have with the boxes and 5 lounges that we have so many empty. Get them filled, even if that means reducing the price.

I noticed the other day that Sheffield Wednesday have refurbished one of the lounges at Hillsborough into the 'Wednesday Tap' with a pub theme selling specially brewed Wednesday real ale. I think that would be a good idea to have at Ewood. The Legends Lounge in the Darwen End is left empty most weeks. Get 2-3 local breweries to supply cask beer at a decent price, open it up to 1875 members to go before and after the match. Optional food on like burgers or hotdogs. Nothing flashy or expensive.

Just now, JHRover said:

Yes I saw that. There's definitely been an increased effort from the club over the last year or two to sell more packages/ad boards etc.

Surprised they've managed to fill all 20 odd boxes given the usual level of occupancy but yes a good sign. I've never understood why with the corporate facilities Rovers have with the boxes and 5 lounges that we have so many empty. Get them filled, even if that means reducing the price.

I noticed the other day that Sheffield Wednesday have refurbished one of the lounges at Hillsborough into the 'Wednesday Tap' with a pub theme selling specially brewed Wednesday real ale. I think that would be a good idea to have at Ewood. The Legends Lounge in the Darwen End is left empty most weeks. Get 2-3 local breweries to supply cask beer at a decent price, open it up to 1875 members to go before and after the match. Optional food on like burgers or hotdogs. Nothing flashy or expensive.

Boxes and lounges aren’t price sensitive, they are kudos sensitive.

It’s a sign that Rovers are on the up and that companies are no longer embarrassed to take their clients there.

Long may it continue. Right now it all feels like Venkys ownership without Venkys ownership. Hopefully this new CEO sees them stay out of the football side of things and do what they should have done from day one.

It’ll be a long way back and although I expect there will be several hardy folk who will never return, there may well be a few who finally grit their teeth and acquiesce for their own well-being, and a new generation of fans to grow the fan base once more. Hope so.

At least until the next Venky up!

21 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Boxes and lounges aren’t price sensitive, they are kudos sensitive.

It’s a sign that Rovers are on the up and that companies are no longer embarrassed to take their clients there.

Long may it continue. Right now it all feels like Venkys ownership without Venkys ownership. Hopefully this new CEO sees them stay out of the football side of things and do what they should have done from day one.

It’ll be a long way back and although I expect there will be several hardy folk who will never return, there may well be a few who finally grit their teeth and acquiesce for their own well-being, and a new generation of fans to grow the fan base once more. Hope so.

At least until the next Venky up!

It definitely doesn't from where I'm sitting, Stuart. It still feels like at any time the rug can be pulled from under us and that is certainly indicative of Venkys. The only time we will become the Rovers we want, fell in love with and know is when they are gone.

People simply cannot work with them as is evidenced by the sheer amount of staff that have come through the door and left just as quickly over the past 7 years.

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It definitely doesn't from where I'm sitting, Stuart. It still feels like at any time the rug can be pulled from under us and that is certainly indicative of Venkys. The only time we will become the Rovers we want, fell in love with and know is when they are gone.

People simply cannot work with them as is evidenced by the sheer amount of staff that have come through the door and left just as quickly over the past 7 years.

All good (and sobering) points.

Just looking at it objectively - difficult for a fan - in the last 12 months they haven’t said a word. Not a word. Yet our absentee landlords have covered last seasons losses, brought in a credible manager with a budget, and (on the face of it) a ‘proper’ CEO. The players we have brought in aside from one or two peripheral players have taken us to the right end of the league - or at least met fans expectations of where we should be.

Granted it’s very much a glass half full view (maybe really only a quarter full, but still) and we are looking, temporarily granted, at the liquid part rather than the air part. If they had done this at the start we might not be in this mess.

Fully take your point about the potential for the rug to be pulled from under us though. A January sale of Mulgrew would certainly flip the mood. The timing of the new CEO just before the January window makes it easy to expect the worst, but in 7/8 years of this shower, I don’t think it has ever felt as good as it has this last couple of months.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Just looking at it objectively - difficult for a fan - in the last 12 months they haven’t said a word. Not a word. Yet our absentee landlords have covered last seasons losses, brought in a credible manager with a budget, and (on the face of it) a ‘proper’ CEO. The players we have brought in aside from one or two peripheral players have taken us to the right end of the league - or at least met fans expectations of where we should be.

Granted it’s very much a glass half full view (maybe really only a quarter full, but still) and we are looking, temporarily granted, at the liquid part rather than the air part. If they had done this at the start we might not be in this mess.

Fully take your point about the potential for the rug to be pulled from under us though. A January sale of Mulgrew would certainly flip the mood. The timing of the new CEO just before the January window makes it easy to expect the worst, but in 7/8 years of this shower, I don’t think it has ever felt as good as it has this last couple of months.

Our best hope is that Mowbray has sold them a narrative about how he can get Rovers back to the big time and they have bought it.  

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

I see your point and if none of the previous 7 years had occurred and we had this season alone to judge them (considering they bought a League 1 club) they have not done much wrong on the face of it, then they would be getting some plaudits for getting some things right.

However - THE LAST SEVEN YEARS

Is it the start of them finally putting things right? Well, its going to take a hell of a lot to convince me of that.

Or is it further underhand shenanigans going on beneath the surface that we know little of? - more likely

I hope its the first but even the Chaddy's of this world (okay maybe not Chaddy) must be a little suspicious about this appointment.

As usual there’s a weird twist in anything Rovers do. He worked with Mowbray before so do we think that TM had some kind of input into the appointment of his own boss? Who knows, maybe he’ll do a good job. At least he has relevant experience but you can only imagine the amount of shite there must be to clear up in a company that hasn’t had a CEO for 5 years.

Willy waving over who has the worst owners very evident on that thread, jesus when did that in itself turn into a comp. No doubt Venkys, Coventrys & Oystons ARE the top 3 worst in the country by a long long way when judged over the past 7 years. It seems like any league they jostle about for top spot in that 3 on a regular basis.

However plenty to wary about reading the other stuff including the new guy and his bad transfers in and TMs staying power.

Lot's of twists and turns to come yet.

Archived