BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its another odd one really.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mowbray/Venus are the instigators of this. Whether that's them pushing for an addition to the boardroom to strengthen the club and putting forward their mate from Coventry or alternatively Venkys wanting more presence and asking Mowbray for potential ideas, it's quite obvious that the Coventry link is what has got this guy the job. 

I know little about him or his abilities.

The positive is of course that it adds to the presence in the boardroom and providing he isn't completely inept then in theory the functioning of the club should be better than it was previously with Mike Cheston running it as a one man band.

Creates lots of questions though. Why appoint him now? How much power is this guy going to have? Is he above Cheston and Pasha? Is he even above Mowbray? How does this impact upon Mowbray's position - does it make him unsackable if he has got Waggott the job? 

I'd rather this had been done in the summer than it distract from things at the moment but better late than never. I've been shouting for more board members for months so it is a relief to have someone on board.

However I keep thinking of Paul Senior and his short stint at the club and really I expect most to follow that route of 6-12 months here before moving on elsewhere.

My guess is that Mowbray has wanted more presence at the top of the club for some time, has put the idea to Venkys who have decided to back him, and he's put forward Waggott as a suggestion for that role based on his previous relationship with him. I doubt it is Venkys waking up one day deciding the club needs more power on the ground at Ewood.

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

They currently are on the pitch.. But if venus's mrs turns up with her entourage it will be time to get worried 

How long will it take him to recommend them and their ideas as a way of raising operational funds :o

On paper a new CEO sounds very good and gives evidence that the club is building for the future. Some time ago I’d not been 100% convince that TM was the right man and hoped he could prove me wrong. It’s a little too early yet but if this is due to his intervention, plus we are third in League 1, I’m beginning to think I was wrong.

Still a few questions like

- Will this change the current structure or is this merely a replace for the invisable Pasha?

- Long term?

- Plans for a sale?

- What kind of money will he earn and how will the club pay it?

The main question is whether he has a direct link to the owners or whether he’s got to go through Suhail Pasha. 

Plenty of other questions for the next supporters’ meeting. Does he have the power to make signings/select managers? 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Welcome to the Club Steve. 

Got a few questions for him. 

1. can he make key decisions at the club without waiting for Venkys or Pasha? 

2. who appoint him?

3. Has Pasha gone back to India now? 

4. is he the main executive at Ewood Park above Cheston and Co? 

5. how do he see him relationship with Mowbray working?

4 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

A guy I work with has nothing but praise for him during his time at Charlton! 

Good to hear

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good luck to the fella - he'll certainly need it!

Just hope Mowbray is happy with this - that's the key thing. You would imagine so given he must know him, but you never know with this lot.

I hope Mowbray is happy with this decision, 

Surely this will help Mowbray during the transfer window and getting players in quicker

He has form for bringing loans in according to some Coventry fans so that was probably appealing plus he was a 'consultant; at Southend.

Despite the title I think this is just Senior mark 2 to see us through the transfer window and keep a little heat off Mowbray, Cheston and the shadow. Be amazed if he's still here come July.

I won't care either if we go up !  If we don't he's another ready made scapegoat, not that i'm saying it's intentional.

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As mentioned elsewhere, I think that as fantastically a positive move this is, it's been made to make the club more sellable rather than successful 

Good. Sellable first, then successful later. We won't be successful under Venkys.

Promotion from Div 3 is not success for a club like this.

Archived