BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Do you have any credible sources to repeat on here?

Are you going to start vetting the newspapers Shaun? King of the Red Tops perhaps? Sift out the Fake News, third or fourth hand?

Or maybe we should just ban Chaddy for repeating what he read in a "newspaper". Next we'll be banning the internet on here. Ha ha hic.

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn want a chief exec. Robinson and Waggott ex Coventry in frame. Want to interview in India. Bit in paper.

From Alan Nixon

So 10 days ago we were appointing a new CEO that Monday. Now we want a Chief Exec and have a couple of names in the frame but first we have to conduct interviews on the other side of the world.

Coincidentally we've now had 3 names linked to this position all of whom have worked at Coventry City in the last few years where our current manager and his assistant both worked recently.

As ever it is just a fiasco. Even ignoring the ludicrous interview 'process' it appears we have a manager and his assistant who are selecting or at least putting forward candidates to be the new CEO.

That's exactly how it looks and it's how that lot work then they wonder why advantage gets taken. It seems impossible for them to employ anyone in an upstairs position who doesn't have their own agenda.

Let's run Blackburn Rovers like Coventry City ?    Yeah super idea !!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's exactly how it looks and it's how that lot work then they wonder why advantage gets taken. It seems impossible for them to employ anyone in an upstairs position who doesn't have their own agenda.

Let's run Blackburn Rovers like Coventry City ?    Yeah super idea !!!!!!!!!!

Aye, they're all more suitably qualified to run the club in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers than those 'no marks' Battersby and Currie. 

I remember starting a thread 5 or 6 years ago, 'are Venkys really this thick?'........ 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

So 10 days ago we were appointing a new CEO that Monday. Now we want a Chief Exec and have a couple of names in the frame but first we have to conduct interviews on the other side of the world.

Coincidentally we've now had 3 names linked to this position all of whom have worked at Coventry City in the last few years where our current manager and his assistant both worked recently.

As ever it is just a fiasco. Even ignoring the ludicrous interview 'process' it appears we have a manager and his assistant who are selecting or at least putting forward candidates to be the new CEO.

You’ve done it again.

Youve mistaken rumours and internet chatter as fact.

Can I request that you return the original JHR poster from what ever you’ve done to him? I don’t recall him ever basing his (previously balanced) viewpoints on assumption and Nixon rumour :) 

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

You’ve done it again.

Youve mistaken rumours and internet chatter as fact.

Can I request that you return the original JHR poster from what ever you’ve done to him? I don’t recall him ever basing his (previously balanced) viewpoints on assumption and Nixon rumour :) 

Its not just a Nixon rumour though, as Blue Eyed Boy and Alan Myers both went to the trouble of going public with what they had heard. So there's clearly something there. Even if they have the same 'source' that person is/was clearly trusted to the extent that they went out public with it believing an arrival was imminent.

It seems odd though that we've gone from an imminent appointment last weekend to now only being at the interview stage and hauling people out to India to discuss. Looks like a reverse recruitment process is taking place.

My balanced view is that there is clearly a need and a desire from some areas to appoint a CEO, but I expect like everything else they get involved with Venkys are making a mess of the process. There's no smoke without fire and I doubt Nixon, BEB and Myers have all gone public on what they had heard without there being something behind it.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Its not just a Nixon rumour though, as Blue Eyed Boy and Alan Myers both went to the trouble of going public with what they had heard. So there's clearly something there. Even if they have the same 'source' that person is/was clearly trusted to the extent that they went out public with it believing an arrival was imminent.

It seems odd though that we've gone from an imminent appointment last weekend to now only being at the interview stage and hauling people out to India to discuss. Looks like a reverse recruitment process is taking place.

My balanced view is that there is clearly a need and a desire from some areas to appoint a CEO, but I expect like everything else they get involved with Venkys are making a mess of the process. There's no smoke without fire and I doubt Nixon, BEB and Myers have all gone public on what they had heard without there being something behind it.

The balanced part now is nearer to what I’d expect. You eventually made reference to “our main concern” of the past 7 years, the lack of a proper structure.

Whilst I can concur wholeheartedly that I expect more clingers on to get in the Venky vacuum, I still think you are jumping the gun on this being a “fiasco” and the assumption the manager and assistant are calling the shots. 

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

maybe the 1st choice has pulled out or was demanding too much money. 

With 3 different people reported the same thing, it appears that Rovers owners want a CEO now. question is why now? after so long without one. They tried to install Pasha as CEO 18 months ago but that was blocked by home office according to Alan Nixon. 

Are they looking to get rid of Cheston and Slivester? But first want a proper CEO in first before bringing in these new people aswell? 

Does Pasha want to go back to India and spend less time here? guess only time will tell

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They tried to install Pasha as CEO 18 months ago but that was blocked by home office according to Alan Nixon. 

Seems to me that irrespective of what the Home Office said they still appointed Pasha as CEO in everything but name. He's still running the club even if his job title/description suggests he is a message carrier between here and India.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Seems to me that irrespective of what the Home Office said they still appointed Pasha as CEO in everything but name. He's still running the club even if his job title/description suggests he is a message carrier between here and India.

No bugger is running the club in the true sense of the word.

Of more concern is what attributes do those mentioned have to improve upon what we've currently got? For me nothing other than yet another ulterior motive.

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thats the job he is employed to do JHRover be the message carrier. 

Is Pasha as CEO in everything but name? think we know the answer to that but why are Venkys after appointing CEO after all this time without one

24 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

What a load of nonsense.

IF YOU READ BLUE EYED BOY LINK.... BEB says he said it first.... Nixon and Meyers got it from him... You got it from them.

This originated from one person - Meadows

The rest is you making 2 + 2 = 15

Why don't you just ask Meadows where he got his info and stop talking crap.

I would suggest that you ask Meadows where he got his info as I aint your slave. But if you read his article properly he already told you. 

secondly I have no idea where Myers or Nixon got their info from but both still have sources within the club even now. 

Load of nonsense? abit like your red light or suggesting key players would be sold during the summer? guess what still all here now. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

now just what happened to Covs training ground and who was involved ?????? mmmmmmmmmmmmm  I wonder

56 minutes ago, Athlete said:

now just what happened to Covs training ground and who was involved ?????? mmmmmmmmmmmmm  I wonder

No wonder they are all after scrambling on board here if the names are correct.

If Venkys haven't learned to do thorough due diligence by now they never ever will, or there's a hidden reason they don't .

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

"Rovers owners Venkys are considering strengthening the clubs off field operations.........." :lol:

Two match sticks and a bit of blu-tack will provide more strength than it's had this last 3 years. 

Not really a LT 'exclusive' when the same story emerged 10 days ago via BEB, Nixon and Myers.

This story takes us no further than the existing rumours of an appointment of an ex-Coventry board member.

There's no question the club needs additional expertise and personnel on the board. Attempting to function with Mike Cheston as the sole director is beyond a joke.

I do find it concerning though that 3 people have been linked all of whom recently worked at CCFC. For all the talk of appointing the 'right' person it seems odd and quite worrying that the requirement is recent experience of working at another chaos club who have slid down the divisions and have sold everything of any value. Oh and it just so happens our assistant manager was also on the board there recently and our manager was there for 18 months.

The biggest bit I’m struggling with is the Coventry link. It sounds to me like someone’s been told we’re hiring a CEO that used to be involved with Coventry and it’s now a case of Chinese whispers. 

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

The biggest bit I’m struggling with is the Coventry link. It sounds to me like someone’s been told we’re hiring a CEO that used to be involved with Coventry and it’s now a case of Chinese whispers. 

Yeah sounds like a case of 'definitely someone ex-Coventry' so names of potential ex-Coventry directors now being circulated.

'Should the right candidate become available'

Love that line just what exactly is the right candidate ?

A cheap failure connected via the usual lines no doubt. I'm sure there are dozens of tried and tested candidates out there who have experience to deliver what we need on the football side of things.

Not about that though is it !

Archived