BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

Just now, Tom said:

Right Venkys, we don't like you, you don't like us, just take this chance and let this bloke have the club and go away

(I'm fully aware he could be the devil incarnate but anything is worth a go)

Yes, let's get rid of owners allegedly worth billions, and give the Club to someone with no apparent wealth behind them.

Might as well let the two Ian's have the Club on that basis ! Very strange move if he worked with Mowbray and Venus at Coventry though, the recommendation would appear to have come from them as opposed to Venkys appointing him from outside. Could make TM and Venus virtually unsackable should things turn sour on the pitch.

If someone is coming in, I'd rather it was an independent suitably competent and qualified person appointed by the owners than someone with connections to the existing coaching staff.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Surely a good move,although I'm sure some will find a problem. Probably the same people who complained when we had none 

You’re right mate, how anyone has the right to be anything other than grateful / hopeful about an upcoming Venkys announcement...!

In all seriousness, a CEO - provided they have the autonomy to make decisions for the good of the club’s future success - is essential. Let’s hope it’s not the boardroom equivalent of captain, Jason Lowe.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, let's get rid of owners allegedly worth billions, and give the Club to someone with no apparent wealth behind them.

Might as well let the two Ian's have the Club on that basis ! Very strange move if he worked with Mowbray and Venus at Coventry though, the recommendation would appear to have come from them as opposed to Venkys appointing him from outside. Could make TM and Venus virtually unsackable should things turn sour on the pitch.

If someone is coming in, I'd rather it was an independent suitably competent and qualified person appointed by the owners than someone with connections to the existing coaching staff.

It didn't come across well but I wasn't being serious, hope this is finally the figurehead that can get through to them

Just now, Tom said:

It didn't come across well but I wasn't being serious, hope this is finally the figurehead that can get through to them

Indeed. Don't understand how a manager and coach can effectively land a job for the incoming Chief Executive though. Very risky.

If it works great.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

About right Tom!

There is no good news, as you were.

LG

There's also the possibility the men on the ground haven't been told yet 

Just now, Tom said:

Rovers are denying the rumours of a CEO coming in 

Whilst I wouldn't be averse to the right person coming in, maybe the rumour about the Coventry guy not being true is a blessing.

Maybe Gaviar was right after all. The last thing we need is someone coming in like Senior promising the earth but completely cocking up the January transfer window again.

Hang on a second. Where has this rumour come from? Is it JUST Alan Myers?

To say he still wants to be in and around the game doing jobs for clubs, I'm not sure what good it does for him to be saying "rumour has it", and then saying the club are now denying it. Didn't he want to come back to Rovers for "unfinished business"?

9 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Hang on a second. Where has this rumour come from? Is it JUST Alan Myers?

To say he still wants to be in and around the game doing jobs for clubs, I'm not sure what good it does for him to be saying "rumour has it", and then saying the club are now denying it. Didn't he want to come back to Rovers for "unfinished business"?

Nixon reporting it too.

Hed come back when the owners are gone. He's pretty genuine and I don't think he minds burning bridges with Indians and a certain accountant.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Probably heard it off Myers. Or vice versa.

Not sure what Myers is doing ****stirring IF the rumour is completely false.

The rumours were knocking about a couple of hours before Alan Myers tweeted it, no idea of the source 

If the club are denying it , maybe Venkys don't even know they are appointing a CEO :), stranger things have happened

How long would a work visa last for a (on paper) 50k a year errand boy ?

Venkys don't want a Chief Executive or CEO. They haven't had one for 7 years. They think leaving Mike Cheston and Pasha to run an institution like Blackburn Rovers is acceptable.

I don't doubt Mowbray and Venus would like to bring in their mate from Coventry. 

Appears it is all just rumour and is now being rubbished by Rovers in any event. Oh well, another year of the chuckle brothers 'running' the club with their 'expertise'.

Who would be the boss if Venus and Mowbray appointed a new Chief Executive? Would he be above or equal to Cheston and Pasha. Would he even be above the manager given it appears the reason for the link is his past connection to the manager?

Just now, JHRover said:

Venkys don't want a Chief Executive or CEO. They haven't had one for 7 years. They think leaving Mike Cheston and Pasha to run an institution like Blackburn Rovers is acceptable.

I don't doubt Mowbray and Venus would like to bring in their mate from Coventry. 

Appears it is all just rumour and is now being rubbished by Rovers in any event. Oh well, another year of the chuckle brothers 'running' the club with their 'expertise'.

Who would be the boss if Venus and Mowbray appointed a new Chief Executive? Would he be above or equal to Cheston and Pasha. Would he even be above the manager given it appears the reason for the link is his past connection to the manager?

The notion that Rovers would appoint a chief executive recommended by the manager and his assistant is too bizarre for words even by Venky's standards.

If it is completely false, and I rather hope on balance it is, you then have to ask who is mischief making (polite term) by starting these rumours.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The notion that Rovers would appoint a chief executive recommended by the manager and his assistant is too bizarre for words even by Venky's standards.

I think its a safe guess that if this Anderson bloke is coming in that Mowbray or Venus have at the very least given it the thumbs up, if not driven the whole thing.

We've regularly been in a position where the manager has more power and influence than board members. Even today it appears to be the case. We've had it with Kean, Bowyer and Mowbray who have all had the ear of the owners whilst Williams, Finn, Hunt, Cheston etc. have been sidelined or made into administrators there to handle the bureaucracy and nothing more.

If 

Just now, JHRover said:

I think its a safe guess that if this Anderson bloke is coming in that Mowbray or Venus have at the very least given it the thumbs up, if not driven the whole thing.

We've regularly been in a position where the manager has more power and influence than board members. Even today it appears to be the case. We've had it with Kean, Bowyer and Mowbray who have all had the ear of the owners whilst Williams, Finn, Hunt, Cheston etc. have been sidelined or made into administrators there to handle the bureaucracy and nothing more.

If a manager is good enough, Dalglish, Souness (for a while) Hughes Allardyce etc I dont actually mind him being the completely dominant figure at the Club and the Chief Exec sticking to handling the administrative side. That's the way it should be for me, although im not sure TM has shown he comes into that category just yet.

You've still got to have someone in overall charge somewhere though who can pull the trigger if things go pear shaped. That's not going to or is less likely to happen if the manager has obtained the trigger puller his job.

If say someone of the calibre of Dalglish in his prime was manager and recommended a Chief Exec you might take notice but you still wouldnt appoint  him unless he was clearly also the best man for the job by some distance.

I very much doubt the Coventry bloke falls into that category and his only real attribute is having worked with TM before.

Myers mentioned it first and then Nixon did about a hour later. I don't know where Myers heard it from and I don't know if Nixon heard it from Myers. I told Nixon the club were apparently denying it and he said he didn't care. Stated Anderson's name came up today though initially heard another name from Coventry (hopefully not Fisher!) who seems to be more of a CEO type. Said he does not know much about CA other than he seems to want to run a club.

Archived