BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New CEO at Ewood

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If a manager is good enough, Dalglish, Souness (for a while) Hughes Allardyce etc I dont actually mind him being the completely dominant figure at the Club and the Chief Exec sticking to handling the administrative side. That's the way it should be for me, although im not sure TM has shown he comes into that category just yet.

IF this rumour turns out to be true, and it is Chris Anderson from Coventry...

I'm really concerned that it has a similar feeling to when Kean was allegedly controlling all sorts of non-managerial matters at the club. What if we lose three on the bounce, or ten on the bounce? Would you still be happy that Mowbray is controlling these matters? Should any manager, no matter who it is, really have this much control in the structure above him, and who is placed there?

Of course, the rumour could be total bunkum. It's just that, if it does turn out to be true, it seems like managers who want control over all club matters, even if it's above their heads, can have it.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Existing CEO, Suhail omitted both Kentaro and Rovers from his Linkedin profile ?

He wasn't at the game yesterday either from what I could see... He usually is. 

16 hours ago, J*B said:

You owe me 1x bottle of ‘Champagne of the Week’ from Whalley Wine Shop. 

Wine? You far too posh for me. Cider man myself. 

I did misread Nixon tweet so my apologises. 

57 minutes ago, Madon said:

He wasn't at the game yesterday either from what I could see... He usually is. 

Wonder if he wants to back to India now so Rovers will need a CEO in. 

Dont forget Ewood staff are last to know. Look at Paul Senior or Simon Hunt appointments. Ewood Park didnt know about them till it was done

There's something strange going on here, if he comes then it must be on Mowbray's recommendation which will surely render Mowbray unsackable, if he doesn't then this rumour is so random that there must have been something in it at some stage. I'm not a fan of the manager having this much power.

A (very wishful thinking) explanation could be that Venkys are looking to sell and Mowbray knows that this guy wants to buy a club?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

lets see who is appoint and their CV and track record. 

maybe they are other names on the list that Nicko doesn't know

The connections to Coventry is what worries me. 

Similar situations, we have people like Venus here, it just smells very suspicious to me. Can we only attract an CEO with one year experience to one of the oldest football clubs in Britain? it seems to me that there is still a lot going on between a connected group of people that are serving their own interests.

Sounds like one of the Venksters or maybe even Cheston is a Brad Pitt fan. It’s all a bit Moneyball-esque. Wasn’t this tried at Swansea?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38517716

The approach already has its flaws in baseball, I’m not sure it is readily transferable to football. The principle itself (buy low, sell high) is an obvious one which doesn’t necessarily equal success on the pitch. But to analyse players physical and mental traits and their ability to play Beckham-esque passes (and not much else) don’t contribute to the fluid nature of a football match, in the same way as a multiple-single-play type sport, such as baseball and American football.

As much as I want change, a gimmicky gamble from another Venkys lapdog really isn’t it.

Why do these stories always surface just when the first team look like putting a few results together?

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sounds like one of the Venksters or maybe even Cheston is a Brad Pitt fan. It’s all a bit Moneyball-esque. Wasn’t this tried at Swansea?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38517716

The approach already has its flaws in baseball, I’m not sure it is readily transferable to football. The principle itself (buy low, sell high) is an obvious one which doesn’t necessarily equal success on the pitch. But to analyse players physical and mental traits and their ability to play Beckham-esque passes (and not much else) don’t contribute to the fluid nature of a football match, in the same way as a multiple-single-play type sport, such as baseball and American football.

As much as I want change, a gimmicky gamble from another Venkys lapdog really isn’t it.

Why do these stories always surface just when the first team look like putting a few results together?

Does ok for Brentford 

I'm sure I read somewhere that the moneyball system worked spectacularly once in baseball for the team that tried it but there is no particular evidence that the system works in general in baseball let alone any evidence that it can successfully be transferred to other sports.

I'm sure that won't stop a legion of academics/Executive types with no previous sporting experience from trying to persuade football clubs to give them collossally well paid jobs though!

Hmm getting people in who know how to run a crisis club with little or no budget, no ground ownership and cashing in it's fixed assets ?

Good or bad ?

Doesn't particularly look good, yes we've been screaming out for a CE and proper structure but then this is what we might get, smacks of ulterior motives to me, hope i'm wrong.

6 hours ago, RV Blue said:

There's something strange going on here, if he comes then it must be on Mowbray's recommendation which will surely render Mowbray unsackable, if he doesn't then this rumour is so random that there must have been something in it at some stage. I'm not a fan of the manager having this much power.

A (very wishful thinking) explanation could be that Venkys are looking to sell and Mowbray knows that this guy wants to buy a club?

Agree. If it happens it must be at TM'S instigation. The coincidence is too great.

Read Anderson's statement when joining Coventry. Very impressive. Almost as impressive as the we will respect the JW legacy. I'm sorry we need a structure but I don't like the way it's got a job for the boys feel to it.

Never been a fan of the moneyball system. You can get data and pick food players doesn't account for so much i.e homesickness, personality etc. I'd much rather people just went and watched players play and make a judgement. Sometimes the old ways are the sometimes the best ways

this from the Coventry Telegraph article posted by DE

According to the piece, he was unable to discuss his time at Coventry City due to a confidentiality agreement - but did reveal he struggled to implement the notion that data analysis could be used at the Sky Blues to dictate coaching decisions.

Asked if coaches should be smarter, he told the website: “In theory yes. But the reality is quite different. That’s one of the lessons I learned at Coventry.

“You as a blogger, scientist, innovator all have ideas about how it should be, but you usually do not get into an empty club. At clubs all people working with ideas, traditions, and existing methods, which anyway are not all wrong.”

Doesn't fill me with confidence, but can't imagine TM would recommend someone with that kind of mindset.

Maybe it is someone else if it is anyone at all.

12 hours ago, McClarky said:

I wouldn't set too much store by what Nixon says.  he reads that a new CEO is in the offing and links it to TM's previous club.  Genius.  A dead slug has more insight than that clown.

Nixon is close with the Tantric One.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Two teams of accountants into the club in summer ?   We come back to that again....

I know we want rid of the clowns asap but do we want to be another crackpot bunch of suits experiment ?

I was just about to post the same. We could be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 here, but it seems a bit suspicious to me...

Archived