BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I've been impressed with Iran so far. A lot of energy, defending like their lives depend on it, but have also managed a few counter attacks and looked dangerous on the break. Spain really struggling to break them down. 

Apparently Iran haven’t lost a competitive game in 4 years and have kept 18/22 clean sheets.

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

I've been impressed with Iran so far. A lot of energy, defending like their lives depend on it, but have also managed a few counter attacks and looked dangerous on the break. Spain really struggling to break them down. 

The usual ITV clowns weren't impressed.

Anyway, it's all over now. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

3 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Spain don't look like they would cause us too many problems. In fact I would say Belgium and the Mexicans have been the best teams so far. 

And us..we perfomed alot better than belgium did and against a better team..belgium looked laboured..agree on mexico

Edited by roverandout

Belgium are not a good team, they have individuals who are always going to score goals but overall im not convinced.

Martinez is a terrible manager, they play 3 at the back with Boyata in the middle (they will try and rush Kompany back before our game but thats a risk in itself) and with Carrasco (an attacking winger playing in China) as one of the wing backs.

• Like 1

I think Mexico is a great team, I also think, a team might get way up for one specific game, the problem if you are a "giant killer" and have a let down the next game BUT... they should cruise to the knockout rounds and then, everyone is doing there best.

For so long, when Brazil was so good, there was almost only one team in Europe that could best them, France did it in '98 and '06.... it's almost like people think, good, that team beat the best team out there... now Germany and perhaps others have now defeated the once vaunted champs... not to knock 'em, just history.

• Backroom

I don't think anybody except Russia has really shown what they can do yet. Belgium had a good second half against Panama, but... it's Panama. 

Seems like most are trying to get to the knock out stages using the least amount of effort. Makes sense but other than Spain/Portugal it hasn't made for an exciting start to the tournament. All of these set piece goals though. Allardyce would be in his element!

7 hours ago, DE. said:

I don't think anybody except Russia has really shown what they can do yet. Belgium had a good second half against Panama, but... it's Panama. 

Seems like most are trying to get to the knock out stages using the least amount of effort. Makes sense but other than Spain/Portugal it hasn't made for an exciting start to the tournament. All of these set piece goals though. Allardyce would be in his element!

I think that it's been a good world cup. Yesterday's 1-0's may have looked dour but both Morocco and Iran played very well.

Spain - Portugal was a classic.

Australia - Denmark was a bit boring, and the draw means that the Aussies need Peru to beat France or they are going home.

Just now, DE. said:

Peru are useless in front of goal. It's why they're going to be going home very soon. 

A lot of the 'minnows' seem to be able to play some pretty football, but their finishing is appalling (as we also saw yesterday).

So far France are definitely no.1 in the raggiest team in the tournament table. A very dubious VAR penalty and 2 lucky deflections.

There's a reason Peru defeats New Zealand but are totally contained vs. France, this just insn't coincidence.  Based on Argentina only drawing Iceland, total respect to Iceland, South America should almost have a spot taken away and given to another team. 

Peru a good run up to the WC, friendly wins vs. Iceland, Scotland, Saudi Arabia and Croatia, one would really thought, they'd do more today.

Edited by Audax

Just now, Audax said:

There's a reason Peru defeats New Zealand but are totally contained vs. France, this just insn't coincidence.  Based on Argentina only drawing Iceland, total respect to Iceland, South America should almost have a spot taken away and given to another team. 

I think the future expansion of the tournament is to assure that teams like Italy and Holland don't miss out.

• Backroom

Unless France step up their game significantly they're going to be sent home by the first decent team they face. It's possible they're saving their effort for the more difficult matches, but if I was a French supporter I'd be pretty concerned.

Peru generally gave a good account of themselves but like a lot of teams in this tournament look very poor in front of goal. 

France look overrated to me so far..mbappe has done nothing to warrant the hype..in fact rashford did more in 20 mins the other night than this guy has done in 2 games (the tap in aside). No doubting they have quality but they play like this against stronger teams, they are going out.

20 minutes ago, Husky said:

France could go far in this tournament. They are stodgy and lucky - heaven help anyone that plays them if any of their stars start showing a bit of magic too.

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

Unless France step up their game significantly they're going to be sent home by the first decent team they face. It's possible they're saving their effort for the more difficult matches, but if I was a French supporter I'd be pretty concerned.

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

France look overrated to me so far..mbappe has done nothing to warrant the hype..in fact rashford did more in 20 mins the other night than this guy has done in 2 games (the tap in aside). No doubting they have quality but they play like this against stronger teams, they are going out.

I've been having this debate myself. France are a hard team to figure out. They are through with 2 wins yet look utterly unconvincing. They are stocked with talent but don't seem to know how to best use it. Giroud starting has to be concerning.

If they do click they'll be up there. If they keep plodding they'll be out sooner rather than later.

I also agree with DE"s point regarding finishing. There are only a few teams with players who look like they can score. Fortunately England have one of those players. In World Cup's gone by shots from outside the box were commonplace (Mexico 86 was fantastic for long range goals). I've not seen many players even trying to shoot from 20+ yards out.

Regarding the fans it looks like a lot of the other countries are massively supported (a lot from countries we are told are 'poor'). Yet there are hardly any England fans over in Russia.

Is this all part of the 'big lie' and in fact it's England that is one of these poverty stricken countries (often known as rip off Britain)? Is it all Theresa May's fault for screwing the people over and playing her part in trying to cause trouble with Russia?

The mind boggles.

Now onto the game . . . lol . . . . .