BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I fancy Brazil to score a few against Costa Rica if they can get an earlyish goal. Costa Rica looked incredibly poor recently against England's second eleven.

This game is one of the ones I have penned in to 'not definitely watch all of it'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I predicted a Brazil v Argentina final in a competition. Not looking good right now.

Stranger things have happened - I still have a sneaky feeling the Argies will qualify somehow.

Mind you, I predicted a lot of goals in this Brazil game, so what do I know?

35 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Very good use of VAR in this game - a Brazil penalty overturned because of a Neymar dive.

Not sure there's any "bad use" if you want any kind of controversy and incident taken out of the game. I don't like dives but neither do I like VAR in general. So to me if you feel its unjustified for "cross the line" incidents it's unjustified for diving matters too.

Didn't watch all the game but from what I saw Brazil deserved it. Nowhere near as toothless as Argentina were last night moreso as a unit than just scapegoating the forwards. Took a while but seemed more an indictment of themselves and while obviously CR put up some resistance I don't think they put in a spectacular defensive performance. Some people will feel sorry for CR of course but they had a couple openings on counter attack (Balanos in particular) and didn't take advantage of them. So if you're not ruthless enough you generally deserve what you get. Brazil may have been lacking in that area too but they did enough in the end.

Edited by Vinjay17

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Not sure there's any "bad use" if you want any kind of controversy and incident taken out of the game. 

Did you not see the penalty that Australia got yesterday? Never a penalty in a million years I'm afraid.  A ball hitting someone's arm is not an automatic penalty. There has to be intent to handle the ball, so how you can intentionally commit hand ball when you have your back to it is beyond me.

There were also the two (arguably three) penalties that England should have had which the VAR officials contrived to deem not fouls. And the blatant push by the Swiss player while scoring the goal against Brazil that was not disallowed by VAR.

So yeah, I think there is 'bad use' of VAR.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Just now, Audax said:

This looks like a 0-0 draw very much.... the thing is, when Croatia plays Iceland in game 3, Croatia probably won't be going full tilt.

France will likely win group C; so, Croatia should want to avoid playing them.

If Iceland win then Croatian will need to not lose to make sure they top the group and avoid France. Any other result and Croatia can probably do what they'd want in the last game.

• Backroom

Argentina will be happy with this, but they'll have to improve to beat Nigeria and get through. Croatia will be resting players for their final group game too, so Iceland could get a result there. Will be a very interesting finale for this group.