BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2018

Croatia got a bad deal vs. Brazil in 2014 and there was some sort of deal with them and Portugal and Croatia. I forget.... so, Croatia has come out with wanting to revenge those two poor showings...... Argentina, even without Messi, really should have some sort of decent team.

• Backroom
Just now, Audax said:

The Abicleleste is being humiliated....Argentina playing like "animals", dirty rubbish by the Argies...poor sports.

You'd expect no less from them. They're an embarrassment. So bad that even Messi looks average playing in that team.

Just now, Husky said:

Beckham sent off against the Argies for much less than that face kick.

That could be the bar that keeps Argentina in the competition.

In fairness the Croations started it with the possible leg breaker in the first half.

• Backroom
Just now, AdamRochina said:

Argentina are just god awful .. they are so so lucky they have Iceland and Nigeria in the group as they can still sneak through 

Wouldn't fancy them against Nigeria after this tbh. They look broken.

• Like 1

Game of the tournament so far. ? Seeing the fat drug cheat and The Argies doing their usual dirty tricks brought all the memories back. 6-0 would have been a more just score.

Though unbelievably they could still easily qualify.

I agree with DE, first off, let's see Nigeria get a result vs. Iceland, then, a big match for the Super Eagles, Nigeria. Or maybe Iceland go through, may the best teams prevail, Croatia through.... this is why I'm glad we have some extra help officiating, because 2 straight tournaments (just in my humble opinion), the World Cup and last Euro, Croatia got bad deals, at least, as said in the World Cup. You had a real good team going out in the group stage in 2014 because of poor officiating.  Croatia's usually very good.

That is probably the worst Argentinean team I have seen. I was intrigued by their manager for comedy value alone. I think he covered more distance and expanded more energy than most of his players. Messi looked disinterested and half hearted and yet was one of the best from a pretty sorry bunch.

Still never mind eh...................

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Wouldn't fancy them against Nigeria after this tbh. They look broken.

They do. Messi is lost. The pressure is too much for him. I doubt they'll get through. Their game plan is give it to Messi and watch. That's not working. Add that lack of a game plan to Caballero in goal, protected by Otamendi and his band of bang average players equals an early exit.

Iceland have a tenth of Argentina's talent but have all the confidence in the world.

• Like 1

That game was the second best watch as a neutral so far, after a couple of barren days really. 

Very committed and bad tempered, but littered with bits of technical excellence by Croatia, and also ineptness, like the misses first half and the mistake for the 1st.

Argentina hapless, a new formation, and although they are not world class, players like Fazio, Banega, Lo Celso, Di Maria and Dybala, all of whom would improve that starting 11 and make them better on the ball. 

Croatia one of my favourite teams to watch, the likes of Modric and Rakitic a joy to watch, so many good technical players aside from them, a threat going forward. Be amazed if they didnt get to at least the quarters.

Also, VAR has shown a few faults today, the Australia penalty was wrong, Rebic should have been sent off for Croatia.

Not a fan still, but thats due to its removal of the instantaneous passion for example when a goal is scored. Also I do think it would improve over time but it will never be implemented 100% perfectly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That is probably the worst Argentinean team I have seen. I was intrigued by their manager for comedy value alone. I think he covered more distance and expanded more energy than most of his players. Messi looked disinterested and half hearted and yet was one of the best from a pretty sorry bunch.

Still never mind eh...................

Those tattoos are just God's way of telling you that you have too much money.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That game was the second best watch as a neutral so far, after a couple of barren days really. 

Very committed and bad tempered, but littered with bits of technical excellence by Croatia, and also ineptness, like the misses first half and the mistake for the 1st.

Argentina hapless, a new formation, and although they are not world class, players like Fazio, Banega, Lo Celso, Di Maria and Dybala, all of whom would improve that starting 11 and make them better on the ball. 

Croatia one of my favourite teams to watch, the likes of Modric and Rakitic a joy to watch, so many good technical players aside from them, a threat going forward. Be amazed if they didnt get to at least the quarters.

Also, VAR has shown a few faults today, the Australia penalty was wrong, Rebic should have been sent off for Croatia.

Not a fan still, but thats due to its removal of the instantaneous passion for example when a goal is scored. Also I do think it would improve over time but it will never be implemented 100% perfectly.

Why the likes of Dybala, Fazio, Lo Celso, Di Maria & Banega aren't in getting in ahead of the likes of Acuna, Meza, Mercado & Perez is mind boggling. Also Mascherano does not have the legs to play central midfield any more he is a centre half now (which is where he has played for the last 7-8 years in club football) and he is a lot better there than any one Argentina have. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

With VAR, this is an improvement on what we saw in our domestic game, but it is still a work in progress. It works pretty well in both codes of rugby, but you have rucks, tackles and so on.

That's because we have got the clowns at the FA in charge of it and English Refs using. If this world cup has shown us anything it is that the English refs are some of the worst in the world.

The whole of Argentina just became Nigeria fans (for 1 game at least).

Get your money on Argentina to qualify. Messi can still be king yet. . .

Anything other than an easy win for Iceland (unlikely) makes Argentina favourites for 2nd spot.

Edited by Husky

If argentina had croatias midfield their strikers would score 10 goals a game..in reality argentinas midfield, defence and goalkeeper are awful..says alot when they have no one better than the over the hill mascherano.  Their forwards are quality poor everywhere else.

If Argentina lined up like this they would have strolled through the group as they would have had some balance to their side, the way they lined up tonight was square pegs in round holes with better more suitable players on the bench. A real shame to lose them from the competition as Argentinian fans are the finest football fans in the world.

Armani

Otamendi          Mascherano         Fazio

Salvio                                                                                     Tagliafico

Banega                                Lo Celso

Dybala                        Messi                     Di Maria

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If Argentina lined up like this they would have strolled through the group as they would have had some balance to their side, the way they lined up tonight was square pegs in round holes with better more suitable players on the bench. A real shame to lose them from the competition as Argentinian fans are the finest football fans in the world.

Armani

Otamendi          Mascherano         Fazio

Salvio                                                                                     Tagliafico

Banega                                Lo Celso

Dybala                        Messi                     Di Maria

Are you married to an argentinian woman?

• Like 1