BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

5 hours ago, Paul said:

As for buying players? I despair, the view is so typical of the response to the club’s recent, limited success. We don’t buy players and the commitment to promotion is questioned, we buy players and it’s a potential problem through disrupting the team. 

To be fair, Skous has a point. Mogga tried to shoehorn Whittingham into the team early season and it cost us points. I think we are a lot more stable as a team now but I bet he sticks with tried and tested players today. I'd be surprised if Payne and Armstrong both started. It would be foolish to disrupt a team 15 unbeaten.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

To be fair, Skous has a point. Mogga tried to shoehorn Whittingham into the team early season and it cost us points. I think we are a lot more stable as a team now but I bet he sticks with tried and tested players today. I'd be surprised if Payne and Armstrong both started. It would be foolish to disrupt a team 15 unbeaten.

Even if he does - bringing Payne and Armstrong in the second half will terrify them.

Tricky game today. Fleetwood were very good at our place. I think we'll need a repeat of the Bennett/Smallwood Shrew extermination.

Didn't realise Fleetwood have just signed Paddy Madden. He was always tipped for better things.

Fleetwood haven't won in 5 at home and have lost their last 3 to Posh, Gills and Bradford conceding 7 and scoring 3. .

We should win but head says a 1-1 draw.

• Backroom

Whilst I feel a draw would be really disappointing after last week where it felt the tide had turned I do think it's a really tricky game and expectation is starting to grow.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Tricky game today. Fleetwood were very good at our place. I think we'll need a repeat of the Bennett/Smallwood Shrew extermination.

Didn't realise Fleetwood have just signed Paddy Madden. He was always tipped for better things.

Fleetwood haven't won in 5 at home and have lost their last 3 to Posh, Gills and Bradford conceding 7 and scoring 3. .

We should win but head says a 1-1 draw.

nah - we have far too much for them. They will not know whether to defend or attack - we have too much for them to worry about. 1-3 - if not more

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I admire your optimism. Your post has just been pinned up in their dressing room :)

Pin it up ten times - they dont have enough for us - simples.

They have lost three on the bounce at home to far inferior teams than us, do i need to say more.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Pin it up ten times - they dont have enough for us - simples.

They have lost three on the bounce at home to far inferior teams than us, do i need to say more.

Rosler has been making noises about how up for it they are. They played well against Leicester at home who have a better team than us. They would have been up fro that one too.

Let's hope we stuff them but we had a far better team than Northampton too. It's not played on paper.

1 minute ago, Neil Weaver said:

JacknOry - son of Mercerman ;)

haha not normally - i think people here will tell you that i am normally quite negative. Just an excellent window, great result last time out and momentum. We have this.

We are going 2nd today too - will make the beers I have consumed worth it.

"Uwe Rosler says that he and his squad are relishing the task of facing high-flying Blackburn Rovers on Saturday at Highbury."

Relish all you like but come the end of the day we will have made mustard of you and you will have a lot of ketchup to do if you want to make the playoffs.

All while we ride the gravy train to the Championship.

yep, I've been on the sauce.

Archived