BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

I tried on Tuesday by phone and actually went to the ticket office in person, armed with a friends FY address details on Wednesday. I got knocked back because I didn't have any written proof with me that I lived at that address (a bill or similar) and I wasn't on their database. I tried the charm offensive but to no avail. Hell, I'm 57 and only wanted 2 tickets to see a football match! Sad state of affairs really but I guess I understand if truth be known.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, darrenrover said:

I tried on Tuesday by phone and actually went to the ticket office in person, armed with a friends FY address details on Wednesday. I got knocked back because I didn't have any written proof with me that I lived at that address (a bill or similar) and I wasn't on their database. I tried the charm offensive but to no avail. Hell, I'm 57 and only wanted 2 tickets to see a football match! Sad state of affairs really but I guess I understand if truth be known.

I guess the tattoos don't help!

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Had thought of doing the same but suspected that would be the response. We could have sold at least 3X the allocation

I suspect those fortunate enough to have tickets will see a cracking match tomorrow. As we saw at Ewood and recently with their exploits in the cup against Leicester, on their day Fleetwood are no mugs and certainly play for 90 minutes and won't lie down and crumble when behind.

I see Rovers midfield selection as critical and would definitely continue with the high energy shown last week by Bennett and Smallwood in the centre. If the formation is to be 4 4 1 1 ish with Graham and Dack the 2 up top, do we play with 2 wide men or 1 wide man (Armstrong or Payne) and play 4 3 1 2 with Samuel partnering Graham (or Armstrong or Payne)? ToMo's certainly got a great selection dilemma IMO.

The main thing is we keep up the high intensity and hopefully have learned to defend set pieces and crosses!

'Looking forward' to bloody ifollow, delayed sound coverage and all and a Rovers 3-2 win! Hope those going tomorrow have a great day!

COYB!!

Lucky enough to get tickets for this , we're on a high and have had a full week to recover and have improved the squad in that week ... they've lost a cup game midweek , haven't won a league game at home since28th October , and lost one  of their best players ..everything points to a comfortable Blackburn win .... So why am I I feeling a little apprehensive 

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

Lucky enough to get tickets for this , we're on a high and have had a full week to recover and have improved the squad in that week ... they've lost a cup game midweek , haven't won a league game at home since28th October , and lost one  of their best players ..everything points to a comfortable Blackburn win .... So why am I I feeling a little apprehensive 

Coz, we are The Rovers! simples.

I'm envious, hope you enjoy the day.

24 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I suspect those fortunate enough to have tickets will see a cracking match tomorrow. As we saw at Ewood and recently with their exploits in the cup against Leicester, on their day Fleetwood are no mugs and certainly play for 90 minutes and won't lie down and crumble when behind.

I see Rovers midfield selection as critical and would definitely continue with the high energy shown last week by Bennett and Smallwood in the centre. If the formation is to be 4 4 1 1 ish with Graham and Dack the 2 up top, do we play with 2 wide men or 1 wide man (Armstrong or Payne) and play 4 3 1 2 with Samuel partnering Graham (or Armstrong or Payne)? ToMo's certainly got a great selection dilemma IMO.

The main thing is we keep up the high intensity and hopefully have learned to defend set pieces and crosses!

'Looking forward' to bloody ifollow, delayed sound coverage and all and a Rovers 3-2 win! Hope those going tomorrow have a great day!

COYB!!

It's never really 4-4-1-1 We play though.Its more a 4-2-3-1.I expect when everyone is up to speed it will be Payne..Dack...Armstrong as the 3 with them interchanging positions. His signings suggest to me that he sees the full backs offering our width and the 3 behind the striker dragging the opposition's full backs out of position with their movement.

We have a lot of options in the forward positions now it's good to see

Went to Fleetwood v Barnsley at Highbury two seasons ago. Obviously a much better Fleetwood outfit now but the large Barnsley contingent seemed to intimidate the home side.

It was a very easy 2-0 away win.

None of this presenting your gas bill to get in so a lot of Barnsley on the two sides as well and given how quiet the home end was I guess both sets of supporters in there were too scared of each other to make any noise!

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Hmm, I actually do live in Blackpool though. I won't be on their database, but since I can show proof of address, you think that will be enough?

Was fuming when this sold in 24 hrs before I even knew it was on sale, had been waiting all season!

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hmm, I actually do live in Blackpool though. I won't be on their database, but since I can show proof of address, you think that will be enough?

Was fuming when this sold in 24 hrs before I even knew it was on sale, had been waiting all season!

It’s who you know not what you know! I’ll have a nice view of the Rovers hoards from the comfort of the Fleetwood main stand. 

Will be difficult as Fleetwood have a lot of pace on the break. 

We’re going the hospitality route tomorrow. Not ideal by any means but we still get an away day of sorts.

About 10 years ago went to watch fleetwood v Clitheroe at Highbury in the league. Can’t remember who won, although I think it was Clitheroe, either way it was in the 8th or 9th tier of the football pyramid. Pretty sure rovers were travelling round Europe at the time which doesn’t seem too long ago.

How times have changed. The fact we even have a 1000 ish allocation I reckon their ground will be unrecognisable. 

56 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It would have been for me on Wednesday, whether the same applies tomorrow on the day of the game, I've no idea. Are tickets still on sale tomorrow?

23 hours ago, skous18 said:

Is there anyone else worried that now with the players we have signed, Mowbray will start messing around with the formation and we wont be able to play the simple and good football that we are playing at the moment and do you guys think that the players are actually good enough to win us games even if we are playing shit

To take the last point first we have won games when playing badly so no reason why this shouldn’t happen again. 

As for buying players? I despair, the view is so typical of the response to the club’s recent, limited success. We don’t buy players and the commitment to promotion is questioned, we buy players and it’s a potential problem through disrupting the team. 

Personally I’m surprised and delighted we’ve made some apparently positive signings in January. The squad needed strengthening to cover for injuries, suspension etc. It’s a positive signal for the first time in seven years. A small, positive response to our very credible bid to achieve promotion. 

Live in Blackpool, so it’s an early meet up in town and then away travel by tram to fish town

it ain’t going to easy for the boys today as always we are every teams cup final but:

a) they played midweek should help

B) our usual travelling support will be in fine voice

c) we have better players

So any thing like the performance of last week and we are taking the three

16 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I did exactly the same thing, with the same result and I have got a Fylde address ( I am 58 , so perhaps it's an ageist thing ). I am still going even if it's just to have a pint or two.

15 hours ago, Hasta said:

Hmm. I think we've gone more the other way personally.

There is less taping it around the back players and defensive midfield areas. There is more possession in the attacking areas. Coincides with Graham finding some form and him and Dack forming a decent partnership.

A very hard game. Fleetwood are a good team and also go about things the right way off the pitch as well. (Contrast that with us and Blackpool - imagine if recently ((post Jack)) either club had such owners, where they would be.)

However I have a lot of confidence after the excellent win vs Shrewsbury. To me that was a huge test - they were physical, could afford a draw - and yet we convincingly won.

A few new signings fill out a depleted squad, and so long as Bennett starts in the middle of the park alongside Smallwood I have few worries. Their cup exploits will also work in our favour.

3-2 Rovers - Dack, Mulgrew and Armstrong.

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

A very hard game. Fleetwood are a good team and also go about things the right way off the pitch as well. (Contrast that with us and Blackpool - imagine if recently ((post Jack)) either club had such owners, where they would be.)

However I have a lot of confidence after the excellent win vs Shrewsbury. To me that was a huge test - they were physical, could afford a draw - and yet we convincingly won.

A few new signings fill out a depleted squad, and so long as Bennett starts in the middle of the park alongside Smallwood I have few worries. Their cup exploits will also work in our favour.

3-2 Rovers - Dack, Mulgrew and Armstrong.

To me, today is the acid test. How many times have we done the spade work to mess up? We've done it under Bowyer, Lambert and earlier this season when we went to Oldham. If we get a win today then I'll admit we have a chance.

Archived