BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• 1 month later...

Rovers will continue to ease Bradley Dack’s return to action – with Monday’s Under-23s postponement having impacted on his comeback plan.

Mowbray is taking a more cautious approach.

Dack is expected to take up a bit-part role when he does return, with Mowbray expecting the attacker to have cameo appearances for the remainder of the season.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19967941.mowbray-bradley-dack-comeback-plan-u23s-postponement/

46 minutes ago, rigger said:

If that is what you believe, prepare for disappointment if it does happen.

Nobody expects him to be the old Dack straight away, and it doesn't matter if he is. If the ball falls in the box in the last 10 mins, he's the only man in the club I want on the end of it, and that includes BBD.

What rigger seems to be struggling to grasp is the fact that U23 games for senior pros are purely for rehab.

Who knows he may never be the old Dack again, but even if he does get back to that level, you won’t be seeing it on a Monday night at Leyland…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What rigger seems to be struggling to grasp is the fact that U23 games for senior pros are purely for rehab.

Who knows he may never be the old Dack again, but even if he does get back to that level, you won’t be seeing it on a Monday night at Leyland…

And what you don't seem to grasp, is that from what I have seen of his rehab. He is nowhere near the first team. The rehab process will let you know how your body has recovered. My personal opinion is that Dack does not run like someone who is feeling fine, even if at 75%.

I grasp that you haven’t rated his performances and think he’s off the pace. However, performances don’t matter one jot at that level for a rehabbing player, it’s all about nursing him back, even if that is at half pelt.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I grasp that you haven’t rated his performances. However, as they don’t matter one jot at that level, and it’s all about nursing him back, even if that is at half pelt, it’s a moot point.

Yes but my original post was in answer to someone pinning hopes on Dack making a quick return to the first team squad. My opinion is worth less than nothing.

Edited by rigger

Nobody is suggesting he starts games from what I’ve read.

But as the likes of JRC and Butterworth have played when miles off the pace, it’s not out the realms of possibility that a half paced Dack can sit on the bench and maybe have a 10/15 minute cameo..

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nobody is suggesting he starts games from what I’ve read.

But as the likes of JRC and Butterworth have played when miles off the pace, it’s not out the realms of possibility that a half paced Dack can sit on the bench and maybe have a 10/15 minute cameo..

I have never said that Dack being on the bench was not in the realms of possibility. What I have said is that I don't think at the moment it is a good idea. The two players you mentioned JRC and Butterworth are prime examples of pushed to play before fully ready.

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have never said that Dack being on the bench was not in the realms of possibility. What I have said is that I don't think at the moment it is a good idea. The two players you mentioned JRC and Butterworth are prime examples of pushed to play before fully ready.

I am not sure either is directly comparable in that those 2 players have never proven to be competent Championship performers even when they are fit, so it is hard to know how much their performances were down to fitness and how much were down to quality.

But I certainly wasnt pinning my hopes on his return with any great expectations, I totally get that it will be cameos only for a while, and that he will be so rusty at first. That being said, I am excited to see him back in the fold, I think it will be a huge boost for morale, he will get a great reception and even in a cameo whilst not fully fit hes the player youd want a chance to fall to.

I dont read anything into what he does playing with and against kids in tick box exercises, its all about getting through them unscathed.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not sure either is directly comparable in that those 2 players have never proven to be competent Championship performers even when they are fit, so it is hard to know how much their performances were down to fitness and how much were down to quality.

But I certainly wasnt pinning my hopes on his return with any great expectations, I totally get that it will be cameos only for a while, and that he will be so rusty at first. That being said, I am excited to see him back in the fold, I think it will be a huge boost for morale, he will get a great reception and even in a cameo whilst not fully fit hes the player youd want a chance to fall to.

I dont read anything into what he does playing with and against kids in tick box exercises, its all about getting through them unscathed.

We are never going to agree about your last statement.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What do you think the point of a rehabilitating 28 year old senior pro playing in youth games is for then, if not just to get minutes under his belt and avoid a relapse?

To prove the ability of the repaired knees to stand up to competative football.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s to overcome both but if you’ve ever had a serious football injury you’ll know the mental side of recovery is sometimes the most difficult.

Yep up to a certain point of course. With the amount of training Dack has done, and the games he's played, another 90 mins of U23 football is going to do nothing to the strength of his ACL or whatever else TM tries to spin. He's just taking the pressure off Dack. All about him overcoming them mental barriers so he doesn't compromise himself or leave himself open to more injuries by trying to protect himself in a 50/50. All the noise from Dack's side (and there's lots of it) is get me back in gaffer, I'm ready.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Having had both ACLs replaced, I would say yes.

Then you should know the hard work was done in rehab.

And as basic level sports science will also tell you, the best warm up is to do it at the same intensity you would play at. U23's football at this moment in time will do nothing for Dack other than clear any remaining mental barriers, of which he says there are none. 

Time to throw him back in.

42 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Then you should know the hard work was done in rehab.

And as basic level sports science will also tell you, the best warm up is to do it at the same intensity you would play at. U23's football at this moment in time will do nothing for Dack other than clear any remaining mental barriers, of which he says there are none. 

Time to throw him back in.

I am not going to go over the same discussion again, suffice to say, I don't agree with you. But everyone is entitled to their opinions.