BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

18 minutes ago, Biz said:

If you genuinely think that signing was a “blunder” after 5 months, the fee was “obscene” and it was the worst thing we could’ve done, you really are not worth discussing football with.

Why are you discussing it then ?

Most Rovers fans see Brereton as a waste of £1 never mind £7 million. 

When the team is full of so many square pegs in round holes, and in desperate need of investment in so many positions, his fee will always be an issue while he continues to do an impression of a poor man's Corrado Grabbi 

• Like 3

I personally think this lad isn't being managed right by the manager. He's not worth 7 million now but he wouldn't have played last year for forest at 18 if he had nothing about him.

If the manager wanted a more ready made player then he should have bought one. I don't see Mowbray as the type to develop players. And he certainly can't change his tactics to suit new circumstances.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Why are you discussing it then ?

Most Rovers fans see Brereton as a waste of £1 never mind £7 million. 

When the team is full of so many square pegs in round holes, and in desperate need of investment in so many positions, his fee will always be an issue while he continues to do an impression of a poor man's Corrado Grabbi 

Jim, you honestly couldn’t be further from my feelings with this squad, we have as good competition for places as we have for a long time.

Plenty of young players, or some that aren’t the finished article - however I have a lot of faith in the work TM has done.

As for square pegs round holes, it’s a pointless phrase/cliche and makes the user sound like a simpleton for me. Only a handful of players in this day and age play one position or system. We might be expecting a bit more from some who aren’t in their preferred berth, but it’s only a week since Armstrong and Reed played extremely well (both out wide, not squarepegs in their assigned holes!)

I’m not going over the fee/wage/cost again with BB, because you just need to read back a page or two.

If you’re in the camp that we should be much more ready for promotion 6 months after leaving the lowest point we’ve been in nearly 40 years, then I’d say maybe take your head out the clouds.

Edited by Biz

20 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

I personally think this lad isn't being managed right by the manager. He's not worth 7 million now but he wouldn't have played last year for forest at 18 if he had nothing about him.

If the manager wanted a more ready made player then he should have bought one. I don't see Mowbray as the type to develop players. And he certainly can't change his tactics to suit new circumstances.

This is ridiculous Tom.

The players that have developed under him and improved are there for all to see. Young and more senior.

You don’t inherit what he did and turn the full club round without some tactical nous.

I genuinely can’t believe this website at times (cue @K-Hod to come and tell me to stop overreacting...)

Edited by Biz

41 minutes ago, Biz said:

Yea. We could’ve signed a few premier league frees like Etuhu and Murphy, that would’ve turned out better than it this wouldn’t it..

You know how tiresome it is reading comments and views of people who have the memory of goldfish?

If you genuinely think that signing was a “blunder” after 5 months, the fee was “obscene” and it was the worst thing we could’ve done, you really are not worth discussing football with.

I've got the memory of a goldfish have I? Really?  Attacking the man again with uber-hyper bullshit.

When I say that the money could and should have been spent much better, in your world that means signing the equivalents of Etuhu and Murphy does it? As I wrote it could mean painting the stadium, its hard to think of spending it less wisely than we did. The Championship, as everybody says is incredibly tight this season.Don't you agree that 2

WISE transfers in could have made the difference? Or do we have to wait for promotion due to some timetable that might never work?

I never used the word obscene though I think I remember someone else using it .But we're all the same aren't we if we disagree with you? I certainly could have used blunder because 5 months in, it doesn't look like we got a good deal as you yourself come close to admitting at times.

And if I'm not worth discussing football with, why do you keep continuing to discuss it with me? And who is worth discussing football with on here since almost every post you make laments the poor standard and stupidity of most posters---not you of course!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

J

As for square pegs round holes, it’s a pointless phrase/cliche and makes the user sound like a simpleton for me. Only a handful of players in this day and age play one position or system. 

If you’re in the camp that we should be much more ready for promotion 6 months after leaving the lowest point we’ve been in nearly 40 years, then I’d say maybe take your head out the clouds.

You can get away with playing players out of position against poorer teams  but sooner or later you'll get found out - like yesterday for instance.  If we are aiming higher, we are going to need proper right backs, centre halves and wingers etc, not players filling a shirt because they are "versatile"

I never said the latter, but when you're within 3 points of the playoffs with so many games to go to me it seems to me a huge missed opportunity not to strenghen in the transfer window. 

Just now, 47er said:

I've got the memory of a goldfish have I? Really?  Attacking the man again with uber-hyper bullshit.

When I say that the money could and should have been spent much better, in your world that means signing the equivalents of Etuhu and Murphy does it? As I wrote it could mean painting the stadium, its hard to think of spending it less wisely than we did. The Championship, as everybody says is incredibly tight this season.Don't you agree that 2

WISE transfers in could have made the difference? Or do we have to wait for promotion due to some timetable that might never work?

I never used the word obscene though I think I remember someone else using it .But we're all the same aren't we if we disagree with you? I certainly could have used blunder because 5 months in, it doesn't look like we got a good deal as you yourself come close to admitting at times.

And if I'm not worth discussing football with, why do you keep continuing to discuss it with me? And who is worth discussing football with on here since almost every post you make laments the poor standard and stupidity of most posters---not you of course!

Whatever we could have done with it, it would have been better than what we actually did!”

Just now, Biz said:

Whatever we could have done with it, it would have been better than what we actually did!”

I meant within the realms of reasonableness. Everyone else would know that. I wasn't suggesting we buy 2 different duds instead.

If the manager had signed 2 stiffs like Etuhu and Murphy you'd have been defending the manager and I wouldn't, that's the irony!

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

I meant within the realms of reasonableness. Everyone else would know that. I wasn't suggesting we buy 2 different duds instead.

If the manager had signed 2 stiffs like Etuhu and Murphy you'd have been defending the manager and I wouldn't, that's the irony!

Hold on, I thought I was in the naughty corner for attacking the man not the content? 

8 minutes ago, Biz said:

@Stuart @blueboy3333 bringing some quality discussion to the thread lads, keep it up.

Sometimes one word says more than many.

47er was spot on, hence, ‘bingo’.

Not just you, Joe, and you certainly aren’t the worst for it, but some people would absolutely defend two different duds (Murphy, Etuhu, or others) who the manager was picking.

For the umpteenth time this season we fall to bits when Graham goes of and for the umpteenth time we have a set up relying soley on the Graham/Dack axis.

We need a transfer window and some money to address this.................. and maybe a lightbulb going off in a mangers head to use the backing that might be offered to him.............

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biz said:

This is ridiculous Tom.

The players that have developed under him and improved are there for all to see. Young and more senior.

You don’t inherit what he did and turn the full club round without some tactical nous.

I genuinely can’t believe this website at times (cue @K-Hod to come and tell me to stop overreacting...)

Okay then. You'll name Dack and Armstrong as a few who have developed. Everyone knew Dack was class in league 1 it was a no brainer.

Armstrong has only just started to do okay recently. Before that he looked every bit of a league 1 player.

Out of the starting eleven we've got Dack, Armstrong, Smallwood, Bell who regularly play who are his players. Reed was brought in but let's be real unless we went up he's not going to be here next year.

Now look at players who haven't developed. Nuttal, Samuel, Rothwell, Gladwin, Whittingham, Caddis. The list probably goes on.

Rodwell is still up in the air for me. Had a few decent games but nothing more. The guy has spent easily between 10-15 million. Now look at Brentford yesterday. They develop players properly.

Travis he fell on. Everyone on here were after him in the team over Smallwood yet it took him bring suspended for the lad to get game time. I bet now next game Smallwood will be back in.

Answer me this. If he's so good at developing players. Why this season has Brereton not been played up front when Graham has been injured? The guy played Dack up front in a false nine attempt. Come on get real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom Stinny said:

Okay then. You'll name Dack and Armstrong as a few who have developed. Everyone knew Dack was class in league 1 it was a no brainer.

Armstrong has only just started to do okay recently. Before that he looked every bit of a league 1 player.

Out of the starting eleven we've got Dack, Armstrong, Smallwood, Bell who regularly play who are his players. Reed was brought in but let's be real unless we went up he's not going to be here next year.

Now look at players who haven't developed. Nuttal, Samuel, Rothwell, Gladwin, Whittingham, Caddis. The list probably goes on.

Rodwell is still up in the air for me. Had a few decent games but nothing more. The guy has spent easily between 10-15 million. Now look at Brentford yesterday. They develop players properly.

Travis he fell on. Everyone on here were after him in the team over Smallwood yet it took him bring suspended for the lad to get game time. I bet now next game Smallwood will be back in.

Answer me this. If he's so good at developing players. Why this season has Brereton not been played up front when Graham has been injured? The guy played Dack up front in a false nine attempt. Come on get real.

“Travis he fell on” sums up the angle you are coming at here. Him and Richie started the same game vs Sheff united, so try not to make things up to suit your arguments either.

In my opinion, the Senior players improved under TM;

Graham, Bennett, Conway, Evans.

Younger players improved and/or signed by TM;

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Bell, Travis, Armstrong, Dack.

Theres probably examples ive missed from those lists but to say “not the type to develop players” is ridiculous in my opinion mate, even if Ben hasnt made the grade yet.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Yea. We could’ve signed a few premier league frees like Etuhu and Murphy, that would’ve turned out better than it this wouldn’t it..

Was it and either or situation then did we have to sign either Premier League players in their mid 30's on big wages or a teenager for a big fee? Were we not allowed to sign experienced Championship players in their mid to late 20's?