SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bolton at home.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

1) The fee is overly criticised

2) His time has been limited and out of position

3) He is still a young lad with raw attributes

Just now, 47er said:

Well what exactly did you argue? You're becoming very "nuanced" on the topic. Hard to know anymore.

I know where I stand, it was a waste of money. You? See above 

Thus coming to the judgement he was a “waste of money” by today - or per the quotes in October 2018 is something I simply disagree with.

Theres nowt “nuanced” about that.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

... finally stooping to the level of “I’m not a troll, you’re a troll”.. dearie me.

I'm glad you've decided that you can no longer argue with any legitimacy that the comments you posted were 'outrageous' and/or those of a 'troll'.

We got there in the end. The end.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'm glad you've decided that you can no longer argue with any legitimacy that the comments you posted were 'outrageous' and/or those of a 'troll'.

We got there in the end. The end.

I don’t think “no I’m not, you are” does much for anyone’s legitimacy, or IQ for that matter BB.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's always a delight when you start to tie yourself up in pedantry-knots because you can no longer defend the nonsense you first came out with. 

I thought it was “the end”?

2 hours ago, Biz said:

To break it down;

1) The fee is overly criticised

2) His time has been limited and out of position

3) He is still a young lad with raw attributes

To quote you Blueboy “the End”!

1) Justifiably give the shortcomings elsewhere that still need to be addressed.

2) Fair. People have been imploring Mowbray to play him as CF for months.

3) There are hundreds of this kind of player - we have one already - and they don’t cost £7m - even accounting for flex.

Even the quality and experience of Danny Graham cost a fraction of Brereton’s fee.

He is going to have to become some player to ever payback his fee, let alone his fee plus wages.

Just now, Stuart said:

1) Justifiably give the shortcomings elsewhere that still need to be addressed.

2) Fair. People have been imploring Mowbray to play him as CF for months.

3) There are hundreds of this kind of player - we have one already - and they don’t cost £7m - even accounting for flex.

Even the quality and experience of Danny Graham cost a fraction of Brereton’s fee.

He is going to have to become some player to ever payback his fee, let alone his fee plus wages.

The thanks was for bringing it back from the depths of “pedantry-knots”

In terms of the bits we slightly differ on (without going back round in circles)

1. Whilst there’s no argument it could be spent differently - it’s premature now, and was certainly in October, to completely write that off- imo Ofcourse.

2. Difficult to drop Graham - as you mentioned he was a snip, but a good example of someone coming backwards from the top level earning wages that made a fee negligible.

3. I agree on physicals- however raw technique wise yet to see Nuttall spring a championship defence and slot in the bottom corner with his weak foot.

I do however rate Joe N. I think he could sharpen up under DG and remould into a big strapping target man / poacher. Not one for running behind, but definitley one to bring on to pump balls at once DG has moved on.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Thus coming to the judgement he was a “waste of money” by today - or per the quotes in October 2018 is something I simply disagree with.

Theres nowt “nuanced” about that.

Well,(strikes Theresa May mode)---- now I know what you don't like, when will you tell me what you do like?

There's nowt nuanced about me saying "waste of money" is there? You know where I stand.

As Brereton's form has been disappointing, you've become more and more vague. 

Quotes from you:

"I never once said it (BB's transfer fee) couldn't have been spent more effectively."

"I don't think anyone at Ewood could argue they've seen enough of him to say he can't head a ball".

Its all negatives isn't it? Pure avoidance technique.

Has anyone at Ewood seen enough to say he can head he ball?

If you never said the money couldn't have been spent more effectively, does that mean it could have been spent more effectively?

Like wading through treacle with you.

Just now, 47er said:

Quotes from you:

"I never once said it (BB's transfer fee) couldn't have been spent more effectively."

"I don't think anyone at Ewood could argue they've seen enough of him to say he can't head a ball".

Its all negatives isn't it? Pure avoidance technique.

Has anyone at Ewood seen enough to say he can head he ball?

If you never said the money couldn't have been spent more effectively, does that mean it could have been spent more effectively?

Like wading through treacle with you.

Henry. A tall striker who wasn't great at heading, but was world class. You avoided responding to that example the other day. Did you bring your ball home? 

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

You are unbelievable. You have a little hissy fit and start accusing people of trolling and outrageous slurs, yet to back up your accusations you produce quotes which proves neither. 

Image result for drama queen

Hissy fit!!! Bringing up quotes that show examples of OTT critique from October ain’t no hissy fit lad.

I have to say you’ve reached a new Jason today Mr Blueboy, bravo.

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well,(strikes Theresa May mode)---- now I know what you don't like, when will you tell me what you do like?

There's nowt nuanced about me saying "waste of money" is there? You know where I stand.

As Brereton's form has been disappointing, you've become more and more vague. 

Eh? What is your problem? I’ll make it even clearer; I disagree with the idea with him being a “waste of money”. If you want to carry on boring me and everyone to death, if you need clarity use the PM function! 

1 hour ago, Biz said:

The thanks was for bringing it back from the depths of “pedantry-knots”

In terms of the bits we slightly differ on (without going back round in circles)

1. Whilst there’s no argument it could be spent differently - it’s premature now, and was certainly in October, to completely write that off- imo Ofcourse.

2. Difficult to drop Graham - as you mentioned he was a snip, but a good example of someone coming backwards from the top level earning wages that made a fee negligible.

3. I agree on physicals- however raw technique wise yet to see Nuttall spring a championship defence and slot in the bottom corner with his weak foot.

I do however rate Joe N. I think he could sharpen up under DG and remould into a big strapping target man / poacher. Not one for running behind, but definitley one to bring on to pump balls at once DG has moved on.

And there was me thinking you were being sincere.

As a result I stopped reading at your first sentence as it rendered the rest of your post worthless.

Shame.

• J*B unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, tomphil said:

People tend to speak as they find going off what they've seen.

Now we have the 'hindsighters' after he's finally notched one which was bound to happen sooner or later.

Puts to bed the New Chris Brown myth though at least !

"Hindsighters"?!  Oh man, let's not have any more labels floating around haha.

Though, we are all "hindsighters" one way or another tomphil!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Henry. A tall striker who wasn't great at heading, but was world class. You avoided responding to that example the other day. Did you bring your ball home? 

Henry was quicker than Brererton running backwards. If we're looking for the next " Kevin Davies Bolton style " Nuttall is a more likely candidate than Brererton but I don't have great hopes for either of them at top level.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Henry was quicker than Brererton running backwards. If we're looking for the next " Kevin Davies Bolton style " Nuttall is a more likely candidate than Brererton but I don't have great hopes for either of them at top level.

We weren't debating their speed or comparing them in anyway. 

Anyway, of the two I think Brereton has more about him, but ya, jury is out on whether either will make top Championship strikers, let alone Premier league players. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You don't have any to 'get'. You just quote other people's when they upset you, lad. 

There’s plenty on this site, but you’ve always preferred the argument, not that it matters.

Irony almost palpable.  

1 hour ago, mustard said:

"Hindsighters"?!  Oh man, let's not have any more labels floating around haha.

Though, we are all "hindsighters" one way or another tomphil!  

In hindsight I probably shouldn't have come up with that, everybody relax you're all 'label neutral' from now on ✌️

• Like 1