BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Fans Forum

On 04/04/2021 at 20:41, JoeH said:

Q for next time, something I've noticed in recent weeks: Why is Ben Benson, the clubs goalkeeping coach, the man tasked with the responsibility of handing out touchline instructions to oncoming substitutes in Rovers 1st Team games with a tactical handbook when the likes of David Lowe, Mark Venus, Damien Johnson and Tony Mowbray himself are all on the bench?

That's always been the case worryingly.

• 1 month later...

When's the next Fans Forum meeting?,

I shall be reading the minutes with great interest as obviously the Forum will obviously collectively tear Waggott a new one for wasting Club money on a project which - if the main aim was as stated I.e. to maintain Category 1 status - was doomed from the outset.

Perhaps the Forum could also ask Waggott or Cheston to specify exactly how much money was wasted on the scheme?

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I shall be reading the minutes with great interest as obviously the Forum will obviously collectively tear Waggott a new one for wasting Club money on a project which - if the main aim was as stated I.e. to maintain Category 1 status - was doomed from the outset.

Perhaps the Forum could also ask Waggott or Cheston to specify exactly how much money was wasted on the scheme?

This wasted money could have gone towards the previously promised total upgrade to the pitch at Ewood which, due to financing restraints, has now been jettisoned for a 'make-do' repair.

As the incumbent managers hearts desire is to play a tippy tappy game this makes the decision not to upgrade even more odd but does leave him with an excuse when the pitch degrades during next season ... as it undoubtedly will.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I imagine it will be skimmed over and the attention will turn to ST's and how they are going to manage the stadium etc.

I can probably save those attending the time of going to the meeting.

1) Season tickets are ready to go and we should be able to announce details 'soon'. It is difficult due to the pandemic (doesn't stop everyone else getting on with it). Because we've been in a pandemic we can't cut prices but our team have been looking at groundbreaking new ways of doing it.

2) We've got everything sorted with a new kit manufacturer but aren't yet in a position to announce who or release photos/stuff for sale. Hopefully 'soon'.

3) We are all disappointed with the season we've had but Mowbray is busy working on his squad for next season. But we have to be conscious that we are in a pandemic so it is difficult, FFP rules, we've no money, not fair, massive clubs blah blah blah.

4) Renovation work is soon to begin on the Ewood pitch and just look - it looks fine now so we don't need to rip it up and lay a new one - that would be a waste of money.

4) We will 'look into' what flavour pies are on sale for when fans return.

• Like 5