BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The re-invigoration of BRFC

Hi all, I first posted a marker on the day that the 'news' broke regarding the plans at Brockhall: that was never our intention but a 'knee jerk' reaction to chuck down a marker as a consequence of a 'curve ball' that nobody saw coming.

Since then, we've sat back, debated and regrouped: The reason for this post is we've all had enough (and when I say 'we', I mean us all).

Our view is, that post Covid restrictions, BRFC can only go in one of 2 ways: explode in a positive sense or whither on the vine and die. There is no time whatsoever for 'contemplating ones navel', the time to act and plan is NOW!

WE are wholeheartedly committed in giving it our absolute best shot, that Blackburn Rovers explode rather than implode!  Ideally that would be with our owners on board, along with their significant financial muscle and the many staff employed within the club, that feel similar with regards to BRFC, as we all do.

That's a précis, from Darwen we have bussed people in to Ewood from pubs for more than 30 years, it always more than 'washes it's face' financially over a season and more often than than not, the surplus funds subsidise a 'burster' of an away trip towards the end of the season.

We'd like to take the bull by the horns and start to run busses North, South, East and West from pubs in Lancaster, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Lytham, Preston, Leyland, Chorley, Bury etc etc into Ewood and back from the start of next season. 

When pubs reopen post Covid, they ought to be crying out for potential new ideas and new clientele. It's a 'no brainer'.

So, what we are looking for, is a number of supporters, local to each area, who would be prepared to help us bring this together. It wouldn't be too onerous on anyone, we'd organise the busses etc but need 'foot soldiers' on the ground within their specific locality, to source snd sell the concept to the pubs and be an ongoing liaison and organiser.

Will anyone that is interested in playing a part, please PM me with their details.

Thanks, enough's enough!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 8

The club has a hell of a lot of ground to make up. The dismantling of regional supporters clubs a few years back was a real short sighted move. 

Go on the website of many a club our size and there are whole sections on each of their supporters groups who organise transport, meet ups, Q and As, awards nights etc etc.  Wolves have over a hundred, a dozen plus in their Black Country heartland but spread worldwide, all affiliated with the club - a real connection to the club is formed

https://worldwide.wolves.co.uk/find-a-club/

A club like Charlton is another prime example, they realised that a sizeable part of their fanbase no longer resides in their old south east London heartland due to demographic change among other things and many are now around Kent and Sussex. So they’ve run The Valley Express coach service for years that picks up across those areas.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/home-game-travel

A hell of a lot of our fanbase no longer resides in BB1/BB2 and the further away you are, the easier it is to get detached, especially when grounds have been closed for 12 months - yet I see no urgency within the club for what is an existential issue for the future. 

Great idea, and let’s hope the club wakes up. It can be done as the highly popular London Branch shows.

• Like 7

The only worry is that with our fall in season tickets and the apathy that is around the club, is that buses maybe from outreaching towns might be a touch over the top. Car sharing might be more in order.

With the Dingles in the premiership, we may have lost the floating Lancashire supporter. 

I think we may need something to pull in more local support as well but the club do not seem too bothered about that either.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club has a hell of a lot of ground to make up. The dismantling of regional supporters clubs a few years back was a real short sighted move. 

Go on the website of many a club our size and there are whole sections on each of their supporters groups who organise transport, meet ups, Q and As, awards nights etc etc.  Wolves have over a hundred, a dozen plus in their Black Country heartland but spread worldwide, all affiliated with the club - a real connection to the club is formed

https://worldwide.wolves.co.uk/find-a-club/

A club like Charlton is another prime example, they realised that a sizeable part of their fanbase no longer resides in their old south east London heartland due to demographic change among other things and many are now around Kent and Sussex. So they’ve run The Valley Express coach service for years that picks up across those areas.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/home-game-travel

A hell of a lot of our fanbase no longer resides in BB1/BB2 and the further away you are, the easier it is to get detached, especially when grounds have been closed for 12 months - yet I see no urgency within the club for what is an existential issue for the future. 

Great idea, and let’s hope the club wakes up. It can be done as the highly popular London Branch shows.

Agreed Matty but WE're prepared to do it either with the club or without (ideally with!)

No matter who's name is over the door, ultimately

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

(WE're only so many, busy lads and need help please)

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The only worry is that with our fall in season tickets and the apathy that is around the club, is that buses maybe from outreaching towns might be a touch over the top. Car sharing might be more in order.

With the Dingles in the premiership, we may have lost the floating Lancashire supporter. 

I think we may need something to pull in more local support as well but the club do not seem too bothered about that either.

You're right but you're wrong:

Everyone, don your selling caps and have a 'can do' attitude instead of making bloody excuses.

WE ARE The Rovers!! (fecking believe in it, We all do!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Who will want to watch this turgid Mowbray shyte show?

We used to Bus folk in 26 years ago when we were champions.

Your heart is in the right place darrenrover but you need to give your head a wobble post match before you post!!😆

My head a wobble?

Where's your bollocks?

• Like 1

It’s obviously possible if L1 Charlton who are a similar sized club to us do it, if it’s obviously possible as pubs are still organising coaches from Darwen and Rishton.

But of course it’s going to be bloody tough to get a good take up post pandemic and with the general malaise the club is in. That’s the problem when you dismantle club infrastructure (like affiliated supporters groups) and then try and re-build from a low base - a bit like putting housing on half the training ground...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You're right but you're wrong:

Everyone, don your selling caps and have a 'can do' attitude instead of making bloody excuses.

WE ARE The Rovers!! (fecking believe in it, We all do!)

I know but unless you are a bloody good con artist there has to be something there that people want to watch. Putting transport on for no one to use seems the least of the concerns.

I live within minutes of walking to the ground and it would take all my time at present to go. 

Its a shame but its the position we are in.

Maybe it would be better trying to get people to buy into away trips and making them into great days out that people wish to attend with the match as a side issue to create support because the stuff being served up as present wont draw the crowds.

WE ARE the Rovers I agree

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I know but unless you are a bloody good con artist there has to be something there that people want to watch. Putting transport on for no one to use seems the least of the concerns.

I live within minutes of walking to the ground and it would take all my time at present to go. 

Its a shame but its the position we are in.

Maybe it would be better trying to get people to buy into away trips and making them into great days out that people wish to attend with the match as a side issue to create support because the stuff being served up as present wont draw the crowds.

WE ARE the Rovers I agree

You are correct and things can change!

I didn't say that was all WE were doing, it was just something that everyone could play a part in and the planning needs to start now!.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

You will be lucky to fill a minibus mate.

Have you Qegs boys made contact with our Pune masters yet?

You don't really expect an answer to that do you?

WE're ready, you can be assured of that fact!

There are doers, then there are moaners and others that 'contemplate their navels'. Rest assured, WE are in the first category and if the cap fits, wear it!

I think this is brilliant, it’s just what we need I’ve always said we need to re branch back into Lancashire towns. Bury, Bolton, etc there are rovers fans there. I moved to Urmston 5 years ago their are rovers exiles here. Brilliant idea I’d love to know more. We live in prime United territory now. My daughter has had a season ticket for two years and my son will come with me to when we can go back. I’d like to see the club branch out but also improve strikers lounge and make it family orientated 

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I reckon you’d have enough clout for buses from Clitheroe and Whalley too. 
It’s not too much of a hassle to get the train from Clitheroe to Mill Hill and wander down, but a bus from pub to ground would be nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Who will want to watch this turgid Mowbray shyte show?

We used to Bus folk in 26 years ago when we were champions.

Your heart is in the right place darrenrover but you need to give your head a wobble post match before you post!!😆

I don't think that's fair. Some fans, due to age egc, might have trouble getting to the ground on their own. Some might enjoy the social aspect of meeting up on the coach with  fellow Rovers fans. 

I think it's a good idea. Friendships are made of ideas like this! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I think this is brilliant, it’s just what we need I’ve always said we need to re branch back into Lancashire towns. Bury, Bolton, etc there are rovers fans there. I moved to Urmston 5 years ago their are rovers exiles here. Brilliant idea I’d love to know more. We live in prime United territory now. My daughter has had a season ticket for two years and my son will come with me to when we can go back. I’d like to see the club branch out but also improve strikers lounge and make it family orientated 

Yet I live 5 mins from Ewood on a street with 10 houses. My daughter and I are the only season ticket holders at Ewood but there are two Old Trafford season ticket holders. 

I hope we can grow into the local towns I really do but I think the damage from the last ten years maybe is too irreversible. Venky's have a lot to answer for.

• Like 2

The club needs totally re-invigorating, Darren’s enthusiasm is to be lauded, but these kind of schemes work best when there is a bit of momentum behind the club. At the moment the extended fanbase is totally detached from Blackburn Rovers.

As an example, if you made season tickets £199 next season after another season of nothingness, you’d do well to shift many more than the standard hardcore. However, if you did the same on the back of, say, a losing play off final in front of 30,000 Blues with a big campaign of ‘One More Push’ or whatever with a decent summer in the transfer market to back it up, you’d sell a shed load.

(Relative) success on the pitch is the driver of the fans, not the other way round.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club needs totally re-invigorating, Darren’s enthusiasm is to be lauded, but these kind of schemes work best when there is a bit of momentum behind the club. At the moment the extended fanbase is totally detached from Blackburn Rovers.

As an example, if you made season tickets £199 next season after another season of nothingness, you’d do well to shift many more than the standard hardcore. However, if you did the same on the back of, say, a losing play off final in front of 30,000 Blues with a big campaign of ‘One More Push’ or whatever with a decent summer in the transfer market to back it up, you’d sell a shed load.

Totally agree with you but the question is where the start comes from. The issue is that it appears the owners do not have the vision to grow the club or brand. If they did they would realise they need a catalyst for re-invigoration. Little things like sprucing Ewood up making it look like people care is a start. Im not touching on the footballing side of things.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I totally and wholeheartedly agree Matty and thanks but none necessary.

'Last minute dot com' with no planning or thought process will only ever achieve 'bargain basement' and even then, if your lucky.

Everything needs enthusiasm and that builds momentum: we all need to get our bloody chins off the deck and crack on regardless.

What happened to RTID attitude? That's the spirit we want back. We want to be a pair of spanking new Adidas boots, not white, Tommy Ball specials, with swivel studs with a hole in the back of each boot! (That's today's Google teaser for the young 'uns!)

Come on all, FFS, let's get this bloody club that we all love (and moan about) back on the map, play your part please.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

18 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Go and preach to the ones in Pune not us long suffering fans.

No comment, other than and you are doing what mate?!

(WE are long suffering, hard working fans that are prepared to get off our arse and try to do something positive, other than bloody bitch and moan)

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1