BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The re-invigoration of BRFC

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

No chance, it would be the exact opposite if you attempted a protest now. The owners are massively more popular than they were even three years ago, never mind 10, plus half the fanbase has long gone.

I guess ur right.  We had the perfect opportunity 10 or 12 years ago. Thats gone now

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I guess ur right.  We had the perfect opportunity 10 or 12 years ago. Thats gone now

Honestly I don't think any amount of protesting would have changed our trajectory. Venky's are so far removed from us in terms of location, let alone values, that protests only constitute a headache for those running the club locally. I genuinely think we could have had 30k protesting every week back in 2011 and Kean would still have been standing on the touchline every game at an empty Ewood Park until we were relegated. From recollection our deputy CEO sent a letter to Venky's during the middle of our PL relegation season asking them to sack Kean, and he ended up getting the boot before Kean finally resigned. 

The worst part about Venky's ownership is the feeling of utter helplessness at not being able to do anything to affect how they are running the club. 

• Like 8

For what it's worth, my two penneth: I was at Ewood before the glory days. Jack's success brought a new fan to the club, and they stayed through the good years. Had the Loons not trapped up, they might have stayed and brought their children up to support our great club. Unfortunately, their tenure has decimated the good that had been achieved by Jack and meant our support has returned to its core.

Covid has brought a hiatus. We had 8,500-9,000 ST holders before lockdown. I dread to think, with Waggott in charge and his nonsense pricing policy, how many will emerge blinking into the light and commit to doing it again. Talk of 10,000 being allowed back in before the end of this season may prove to be optimistic.

I lost faith with the Loons early doors, and the appointment of the slimy twat stopped me going to watch the club I grew up with. I returned under Bowyer, but the lack of any strategy from our "owners", and the total lack of ambition meant I lost interest again. Mowbray is a toad, and his mates fill me with dread. 

The announcement of the Brockhall plan is yet again a dumbing down of a founder member of the football league.

When I have gone to watch a Sky game in the Waggon in Clitheroe, you'll be lucky if there are ten folk watching intently. I have every faith in bussing punter's in, but I just realistically don't see that the take up, under the present regime, would justify it. Fans have lost interest, as I've said repeatedly, there used to be nine of us go from here, three cars, three generations, have a pint at the Observatory, and a good afternoon out. None of us go any more, and I doubt, without an attractive product, any of us would go back again.

The Loons have knocked the stuffing out of the club. Something needs to change. Whether it's a change of management/manager, change of owner, or both, there needs to be something to re-attract many who just now don't care.

Getting youngsters back is a first step. But, and it's a big but, with so many PL clubs on the doorstep, boys/girls growing up have more attractive options than us. It's heart breaking. 

I despair at what the Loons have done, wish I knew where all this will end, but don't see a happy ending, and who doesn't like one of those?

• Like 2

It’s going to take a ‘Taking Back Ewood’ style campaign of monumental proportions to try and re-build the fanbase.

But without PL cash or status to underwrite it and cretins like Waggott in situ instead of John Williams, coupled with the changing demographics of the area, a far more geographic disparate fanbase than previously, plus local competition, never mind the Covid impact on attending habits, I have real worries for the future of this football club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

If you can't take the p1ss out of folk - BTW one who told me I need medical help because I had a different view on the Dack injury - then there's a problem.

There's a difference between taking the piss and being a dick for no particular reason. I learned that difference at QEGS, funnily enough.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

He may well be a nice guy, I'm sure he loves the Rovers nearly as much as me, but along with the gang of anti-TM at all costs types, I'm just sick of it.

It's different opinions mate. If you're sick of different opinions and react like you did then a message board isn't really for you.

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

If you can't take the p1ss out of folk - BTW one who told me I need medical help because I had a different view on the Dack injury - then there's a problem.

The secret of good comedy is timing though.

Taking the piss is not the problem for me. It is the attempt to sideline and dismiss someone, who is trying to do something positive...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

He may well be a nice guy, I'm sure he loves the Rovers nearly as much as me, but along with the gang of anti-TM at all costs types, I'm just sick of it.

It's not just people who used to go to QEGS who are dissatisfied with Mowbray though is it?

I'm surprised at the level of apathy to darren rovers suggestion in general, not just from you.

I see where people are coming from and my own personal view is that people are unlikely to be  flocking back to Ewood in any sort of numbers until Waggott Mowbray and Venus leave . Simply because they aren't up to the job and will never produce the football or results.

However an initiative to try and do something positive should surely only be applauded, if it doesn't come off then there's nothing lost, the only people losing out are those that have put their time and effort into it, it's no skin off anyone else's nose.

• Like 8

There’s only 4 ways to get folk who’ve lost interest going again. 

1 unfathomably cheap tickets

2 change of manager

3 change of owners/management hierarchy

4 success

And for a lot of people I reckon it’ll take all 4. Sadly just isn’t going to happen. We will tread water until such a point the administrators are called in. Hopefully at that point someone will be prepared to suck up a fraction of the £200 million and run the club properly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

There’s only 4 ways to get folk who’ve lost interest going again. 

1 unfathomably cheap tickets

2 change of manager

3 change of owners/management hierarchy

4 success

And for a lot of people I reckon it’ll take all 4. Sadly just isn’t going to happen. We will tread water until such a point the administrators are called in. Hopefully at that point someone will be prepared to suck up a fraction of the £200 million and run the club properly. 

I'll take 2/3, can't wait.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

And there we go - public school boys know best.  

Based on your behavior, it's not a 'public school boys' thing. It's 'anyone that's not me' thing.

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I applaud any fans taking the initiative to try and do things for the benefit of the club. We have some really dedicated, creative and hard working fans doing all sorts of different things. However, it’s a piss poor show that the club offer little or no encouragement or show any willingness to work with fans. The dumbing down and lowering of standards shows no sign of slowing any time soon.

Lets look at their recent record...

- Poor season ticket sales pre-pandemic, horrific season ticket sales during

- Divisive marketing strategies

- Failed raffles

- Dreadful stadium catering

- Prohibitive surcharges on match day tickets

- All fans removed from DE lower tier

- Families moved out of BBE upper tier

- Town centre club shop gone

- Radio Rovers no more

- Failure to comply with EFL rules on supporter consultation

- Legends Lounge gone

- Ground in a state of disrepair and filth

- Blues Bar shut bar a few hours on match day

- Next on the list, senior training centre turned into houses

And that’s before we get onto goings on on the pitch, or the £200 million (and growing) albatross.

Steve “we’ve done all we can” Waggott is only interested in milking the ever dwindling hardcore. Mike “you should be grateful” Cheston views all of us with nothing but disdain. All the while their “humble, honourable, committed and supportive” bosses continue to leave us serfs with many more questions than answers.

But it’s alright, just stick #wearetogether on the end of everything.

What more is there to say on this subject..what a damning list of wrongdoing.

I reiterate,I have no doubt darrenrover means well but by christ are we up against it as supporters of this Club.

Also add to that list the shutting down/refusing to recognise supporters clubs in the region...totally bizzare.

I can only hope you understand some of our trepidation and bewilderment to your suggestions in the face of reality.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194