BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The re-invigoration of BRFC

It's a great idea and should receive full backing however it's a difficult time to get it into motion.

The league 1 season or the season after when interest was peaking again would've been a great time. As mentioned above the club needs a shot in the arm again now, TM and co gave it a brief one but failed to build on it. His gang are more about down playing everything including to the owners by the looks of it. They want to mould a club and team that's comfortable for them to manage. 

BRFC needs a set up, ambition and mentality to try and punch way above its weight at every opportunity.  We don't want a boom and bust attempt but we need bold leadership that reflects on the team and recruitment.

The club needs to prick peoples interest again i think to give these ideas chance to thrive. Waggot just seems intent on the idea 10k will troop down from Blackburn & Darwen every game and pay top dollar. 

Easy street, he'll just keep finding fixed assets to sell instead.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I can see it now -

‘Club Statement- The club is delighted to outline its new model for player pathways. We are now following what is widely seen as the future of development, our Development Squad (B Team) will play across the UK and Europe, pitting their wits against the best talent’

👏👏👏

’Excellent from the club’

’Look at Brentford’

’We need to cut our cloth’

’Be great for Tony this’

’Fans need to realise it ain’t the 90s’

’Amazing how people can be negative FFS’

Well bollocks to all of the above!

(We agree with you Matty btw!)

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone, just a reminder- can we leave all talk of private schools out of this please?

Thank you and I hope you have banned those guilty of making personal and extremely derogatory comments against Revidge Blue for example.

I will watch with great interest!....

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Which will be the ‘spoilt fans stuck in 1995’s fault’, obviously... 

Aye Matty agreed,

just like we were in the seventies and eighties when regularly when we had home gates of 8,000, or less on occasions, more often than not we’d have 4 to 5,000 away at Saltergate, Millmoor, Vale Park, The Racecourse Ground etc...

Yeh, we’re entitled and spoiled (not).

Let’s aim to get that type of spirit and togetherness back.

Age and time changes things admittedly but those times, when we as a club, literally didn’t have a pot to piss in, are some of my best memories as a Rover. 

Then along came Jack...I still pinch myself at the memory of seeing King Kenny at that match v Plymouth, at staring up at the Darwen End scoreboard at our first home game (I think) in the PL in ‘92  and seeing Rovers v Arsenal, at Anfield in ‘95 and Bistro French in Preston afterwards.

There’s no way on earth that any self respecting fan of BRFC should even be prepared to consider a slightest thought that it would be ok to dismantle any part of what Jack Walker provided for our club.

It’s where Kenny Dalglish started: clearing dog shit off the fields at Pleasington before training started, let’s not go back there!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Tell you what would be reinvigorating, a message from the club along the following lines...

“It’s been far too long since we’ve had supporters at Ewood, and we can’t wait until the start of the new campaign to welcome you all back here.

We are delighted to announce our first pre-season friendly against (insert marquee European opposition here) will take place at Ewood Park, and we want to see you all there!

Entry is FREE to anyone with a ticket buying history on our database (subject to crowd restrictions and availability, first come first served) and we will be providing free coach travel from numerous destinations to and from the game.

This will be the first game in charge for our new manager (insert name of someone exciting and dynamic here) and a chance for you to catch a first glimpse of our new signings a, b and c.

We will be launching our new home and away kits on the day, and they will be available to purchase at the Rovers Store and our pop up kiosks around the ground, along with the rest of our exciting new merchandise range. Sign up for a season ticket and receive 20% off the purchase of any shirt.

We’ve taken onboard your feedback, and in addition to our improved kiosk catering, we have teamed up with a host of local vendors to offer you a variety of different food options in and around the ground, including this, that and the other. You can also sample a selection of craft ales and ciders at our newly installed beer tents. 

To really make this a day to remember we will have music from local bands the Illicits and the Ruby Tuesday’s at our stage outside the Blackburn end from 12:00, and on the pitch at half time. Players x and y will be available for photos and autographs from 12-1pm, and you can have your photograph taken with the premier league trophy.

We recognise how difficult the last 18 months have been, and how important your support is to us. Season tickets will be available on the day priced from £200 for adults in all areas except the Jack Walker Upper central, priced at £350. We also have our first ever “pay as you go” season ticket where you pay an initial £50 for the season and then just £10 per game thereafter. No commitments or credit checks.

We’ve also got a special video message from the owners, where they will outline their hopes and plans for the upcoming season.”

What we will get...

“Season tickets have to go up to £600. They have been too cheap for years and we need the money. They will be on sale before the season starts.

The kit will be out in a few weeks. It’s probably blue and white.

Catering is a pain, so unless you buy your tickets a day before, you have to pay an extra 3 quid. We will stick sky sports on at the ground, play Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols, and charge you the best part of a fiver for a flat pint of Carlsberg.

#wearetogether

I'd like some ingenuity too:

"In light of the 'baby boom' due to lockdowns, we're offering every newborn at Royal Blackburn Hospital a free Rovers Home shirt. Their first season ticket, when you choose to bring them, will be free of charge (assuming you're an adult/senior, and they are still a junior)."

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mike E said:

"In light of the 'baby boom' due to lockdowns, we're offering every newborn at Royal Blackburn Hospital a free Rovers Home shirt. Their first season ticket, when you choose to bring them, will be free of charge (assuming you're an adult/senior, and they are still a junior)."

I can actually picture Waggott and a photographer at the abandoned Royal Blackburn maternity ward, ‘yeah, so Steve, think babies in east Lancs are actually born in Burnley these days’

• Like 3

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I can actually picture Waggott and a photographer at the abandoned Royal Blackburn maternity ward, ‘yeah, so Steve, think babies in east Lancs are actually born in Burnley these days’

🤣🤣 Birth centre then 😛

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Tell you what would be reinvigorating, a message from the club along the following lines...

“It’s been far too long since we’ve had supporters at Ewood, and we can’t wait until the start of the new campaign to welcome you all back here.

We are delighted to announce our first pre-season friendly against (insert marquee European opposition here) will take place at Ewood Park, and we want to see you all there!

Entry is FREE to anyone with a ticket buying history on our database (subject to crowd restrictions and availability, first come first served) and we will be providing free coach travel from numerous destinations to and from the game.

This will be the first game in charge for our new manager (insert name of someone exciting and dynamic here) and a chance for you to catch a first glimpse of our new signings a, b and c.

We will be launching our new home and away kits on the day, and they will be available to purchase at the Rovers Store and our pop up kiosks around the ground, along with the rest of our exciting new merchandise range. Sign up for a season ticket and receive 20% off the purchase of any shirt.

We’ve taken onboard your feedback, and in addition to our improved kiosk catering, we have teamed up with a host of local vendors to offer you a variety of different food options in and around the ground, including this, that and the other. You can also sample a selection of craft ales and ciders at our newly installed beer tents. 

To really make this a day to remember we will have music from local bands the Illicits and the Ruby Tuesday’s at our stage outside the Blackburn end from 12:00, and on the pitch at half time. Players x and y will be available for photos and autographs from 12-1pm, and you can have your photograph taken with the premier league trophy.

We recognise how difficult the last 18 months have been, and how important your support is to us. Season tickets will be available on the day priced from £200 for adults in all areas except the Jack Walker Upper central, priced at £350. We also have our first ever “pay as you go” season ticket where you pay an initial £50 for the season and then just £10 per game thereafter. No commitments or credit checks.

We’ve also got a special video message from the owners, where they will outline their hopes and plans for the upcoming season.”

image.png.e5e26724d18142d5e1e46aa3687f4dc5.png

"YOU AFTER MY JOB MILLER11 WITH YA COMMON SENSE, FORWARD THINKIN IDEAS?,JUST A QUICK WORD,I'M THE BIG CHEESE ROUND EWOOD WAY...I'LL PISS ON YOUR PARADE SONNY!!"

"  ERMMM(COUGH). .YA FANCY A NEW 5 BEDROOM BUILD AROUND THE RIBBLE VALLEY? "🤥

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

On 13/03/2021 at 10:36, darrenrover said:

No comment, other than and you are doing what mate?!

(WE are long suffering, hard working fans that are prepared to get off our arse and try to do something positive, other than bloody bitch and moan)

You have clearly hit a nerve with some of the oddball posters who come on here and act as if nothing is wrong with the set upat the club. My view is that many of these are actually plants, on the payroll of those at the club who don't want actual fans rocking their cosy little plans for the club.

Feck em, I say!

• Like 3

On 14/03/2021 at 17:55, Miller11 said:

What we will get...

“Season tickets have to go up to £600. They have been too cheap for years and we need the money. They will be on sale before the season starts.

The kit will be out in a few weeks. It’s probably blue and white.

Catering is a pain, so unless you buy your tickets a day before, you have to pay an extra 3 quid. We will stick sky sports on at the ground, play Bohemian Like You by The Dandy Warhols, and charge you the best part of a fiver for a flat pint of Carlsberg.

#wearetogether

I'd like to give this a 'bump', hopefully nobody will mind, at least shouldn't!

Thanks Duncan for your post: above the line, that's exactly how it should be but without dramatic change, below the line is probably a decent summation too.

It needn't be like this, we all know that....We're Blackburn Rovers and for whatever reason (1995?) everyone seems to hate us.....Well fuck 'em!

I've nailed my colours well and truly to the mast, have assembled a high end bunch of like minded lads together who I trust implicitly, they me and we all have a common love of BRFC which stretches back 50 years (a third of OUR history).

None of US are 'billy big bollocks', WE're all the same as you but privately, WE've all generally made good in life through hard endeavours, following a good upbringing and that still remains the same today. WE're extremely well connected both individually and more so collectively. WE passionately want what is best for Blackburn Rovers and all of its' stakeholders both present and future. WE seek nothing in return.

Whilst other fan bodies have tried to reach out to US, I have shunned their approaches. Not out of arrogance but because I know that I can trust everyone that is by my side, having known one another for so long and in the knowledge that over the past 10 years, there have been so many 'dark forces' in operation regarding the club, that WE're understandably wary of anyone that are unknown to us.

If WE are successful in achieving anything (and I don't think I've ever been more determined in the past, even having been involved in some seriously big stuff), then it is our intention to unite with Rovers Trust and other supporter groups to be as one.

Hopefully I've made OUR stance clear and hope that you all have it in your hearts to back US, in what are ultimately all our aims.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Best

darrenrover

• Like 2

On 14/03/2021 at 21:16, Mattyblue said:

Our eldest son absolutely insisted, at the registration of our first grandaughter, it stated Lancashire as the place of birth....no fecking way was any relative of mine going to run the risk of growing additional digits!😉🤣💪💙💟

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Thanks Duncan for your post: above the line, that's exactly how it should be but without dramatic change, below the line is probably a decent summation too.

It needn't be like this, we all know that....We're Blackburn Rovers and for whatever reason (1995?) everyone seems to hate us.....Well fuck 'em!

I've nailed my colours well and truly to the mast, have assembled a high end bunch of like minded lads together who I trust implicitly, they me and we all have a common love of BRFC which stretches back 50 years (a third of OUR history).

None of US are 'billy big bollocks', WE're all the same as you but privately, WE've all generally made good in life through hard endeavours, following a good upbringing and that still remains the same today. WE're extremely well connected both individually and more so collectively. WE passionately want what is best for Blackburn Rovers and all of its' stakeholders both present and future. WE seek nothing in return.

Whilst other fan bodies have tried to reach out to US, I have shunned their approaches. Not out of arrogance but because I know that I can trust everyone that is by my side, having known one another for so long and in the knowledge that over the past 10 years, there have been so many 'dark forces' in operation regarding the club, that WE're understandably wary of anyone that are unknown to us.

If WE are successful in achieving anything (and I don't think I've ever been more determined in the past, even having been involved in some seriously big stuff), then it is our intention to unite with Rovers Trust and other supporter groups to be as one.

Hopefully I've made OUR stance clear and hope that you all have it in your hearts to back US, in what are ultimately all our aims.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Best

darrenrover

Hear hear.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Best

darrenrover

Fair play if true but let's see some substance,let's see the fruits of you and your 'high end bunch' before you are taken seriously.

You certainly like to talk the talk...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fair play if true but let's see some substance,let's see the fruits of you and your 'high end bunch' before you are taken seriously.

You certainly like to talk the talk...

Good job history also says I walk the walk!

What really pisses me off as much as anything are the snidy comments from folk that really should know better...I absolutely detest being publicly at the forefront of anything (and I won't ultimately be with this either I can assure you) but somebody has needed to have the gonads, a bit of sense and time to grab this by the scruff of the neck and give it their best shot. I'm doing my best.

It won't be for the want of trying should WE fail but for 'the elephant in the room', whoever that may be.

Irrespective, as whatever the outcome, I'll still be going to The Craven Heifer for a couple of pints with my mates before jumping on the bus to Ewood. It's something that I thoroughly enjoy, wouldn't change for anything and have done for thirty odd years previously, jumping on the bus from initially The Britannia, then The Spinners. It's what football and Rovers is all about for me.

Edited by darrenrover

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Best

darrenrover

Just for me - you mention ‘achieving anything’ - what exactly is it you’re hoping to achieve? At what point will you be saying ‘we’ve done our bit now’? Ultimately, what is the end game, not necessarily for the club, but for the group. Specifically, if possible? 

And how do you intend on achieving it?

• Like 2

On 14/03/2021 at 20:37, Mike E said:

Are you an Atalanta fan ? 😉

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

None of US are 'billy big bollocks', WE're all the same as you but privately, WE've all generally made good in life through hard endeavours, following a good upbringing and that still remains the same today. WE're extremely well connected both individually and more so collectively.

We're not 'billy big bollocks, just amazingly successful people. 

Many people have been trying for years to open constructive,meaningful dialogue with our owners darrenrover...they/we have failed.They purport to know best,they have total control of the club....nearly £200 Million of unpayable debt is owed to them.

Again please tell all...what do you 'high end bunch of well connected individuals' hope to achieve?

We are all interested.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Are you an Atalanta fan ? 😉

Ha, no!

Rovers in England, CA Brive and Les Sarladaise in France (I also have a 'soft spot' for Les Bleus), Carolina Panthers, Appalachian State 'Neers and LA Dodgers in the USA!

Only 2 football teams for me: The Rovers and England 👍

Edited by darrenrover

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Just for me - you mention ‘achieving anything’ - what exactly is it you’re hoping to achieve? At what point will you be saying ‘we’ve done our bit now’? Ultimately, what is the end game, not necessarily for the club, but for the group. Specifically, if possible? 

And how do you intend on achieving it?

The vision?

...Put the pride back into Blackburn Rovers FC and have every past, current and future patrons of the club feeling a part of the entity and valued once again.

I've no intentions of being specific, other than what I have previously stated. WE have a host of ideas but would solicit input of others and assistance in putting ideas in to practice.

It is absolutely pointless in spending time preparing detailed plans unless there is a specific mandate to do so.

We all know what's required surely, ideally before there's fuck all left that Uncle Jack bequeathed, to work with!

Edited by darrenrover