BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rochdale won’t be far behind if they don’t get an investor in the next six weeks.

Long established league clubs which fall through the trap door are at heightened risk

• 2 weeks later...

Very curt statement considering 25 years of service taking them from the Northern Premier (tier 7) to at their best not a million miles away from the League 1 playoffs.

Holt must’ve been on the ale last night again.

Edited by Mattyblue

been on cards for weeks/months since Jimmy Bell went on Radio Lancashire and called Holt out for not giving them new contracts. 

It will interesting to see the fans reaction to this sacking and who they go for next.  

That’s football, nothing lasts forever and perhaps was time for a change.

But that statement. Piss poor stuff from a club ‘that does things the right way’. Those two absolutely transformed a club that was equivalent to a Clitheroe when they got hold of it.

You’d imagine it was rushed out post a pissed up Holt rant. Possibly something more fitting will be posted tomorrow.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You’d imagine it was rushed out post a pissed up Holt rant. Possibly something more fitting will be posted tomorrow.

I wouldn't hold your breath there. The working relationship between Holt and Coleman/Holt had breakdown since Bell's comments on Radio Lancashire. Andy Holt has deleted his X account now aswell. 

No surprise he has been sacked now 

Edited by chaddyrovers

So Holt can’t be professional? 25 years they’ve spent there. Taking them up four divisions from playing the likes of Lancaster City to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’m glad folk are waking up to what a dickhead ‘the best owner in football’ is (no wait that’s Venky’s according to him).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So Holt can’t be professional? 25 years they’ve spent there. Taking them up four divisions from playing the likes of Lancaster City to Sheffield Wednesday.

I’m glad folk are waking up to what a dickhead ‘the best owner in football’ is (no wait that’s Venky’s according to him).

was Bell being professional when he made the comments he did on Radio Lancs about not being offered new contracts there. 

There is zero loyalty in football apart from Fans sticking by their club and supporting them through the good and bad times 

Whataboutery.

But ok I’ll take you on as you obviously have a soft spot for him, must be because you are an Accy lad. Yes Bell should’ve keep it behind closed doors too. But two wrongs don’t make a right, he’s the custodian of the club, not an employee after his next contract, it’s called decorum.

Anyway I’m glad he has done it this way as we may now stop hearing what a fantastic guy he is especially when he messes up the replacement and they end up back in non-league… you know the level those two dragged a club with a few hundred fans at the time out of.

Edited by Mattyblue

• Moderation Lead

I’ve no love for Stanley, I’ll be honest. Despite being born about a quarter of a mile from the ground and going to school near there, it really gets on my nerves that Rovers fans from Accy go to watch Stanley instead and I struggle to have respect for those people.

Andy Holt is a right goon anyway, he’s pissed on his chips here, with Bell and Coleman. As Matty quite rightly alludes to above, the transformative effect Bell and Coleman have had on that club, has been nothing short of remarkable. Stanley will have to do incredibly well to get any replacements of a similar calibre in. (I’m not sure they even exist tbh).

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve no love for Stanley, I’ll be honest. Despite being born about a quarter of a mile from the ground and going to school near there, it really gets on my nerves that Rovers fans from Accy go to watch Stanley instead and I struggle to have respect for those people.

Andy Holt is a right goon anyway, he’s pissed on his chips here, with Bell and Coleman. As Matty quite rightly alludes to above, the transformative effect Bell and Coleman have had on that club, has been nothing short of remarkable. Stanley will have to do incredibly well to get any replacements of a similar calibre in. (I’m not sure they even exist tbh).

How did they go on when Coleman briefly left them to flop at Rochdale ? Did they struggle or thrive. I genuinely can’t remember.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Whataboutery.

But ok I’ll take you on as you obviously have a soft spot for him, must be because you are an Accy lad. Yes Bell should’ve keep it behind closed doors too. But two wrongs don’t make a right, he’s the custodian of the club, not an employee after his next contract, it’s called decorum.

Anyway I’m glad he has done it this way as we may now stop hearing what a fantastic guy he is especially when he messes up the replacement and they end up back in non-league… you know the level those two dragged a club with a few hundred fans at the time out of.

I don't have any soft spot for Holt or Stanley despite living about half a mile from the ground. Holt has done a good job as Owner and Coleman/Bell had done a fantastic job there. No I agreed two wrongs don't make a right but like I keep saying it was always going to end that way in Coleman/Bell leaving Stanley, it was more when not if Matty.

It will be interesting to see they go for. The Statement didn't confirm anything about his replacement. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How did they go on when Coleman briefly left them to flop at Rochdale ? Did they struggle or thrive. I genuinely can’t remember.

I think they sort of plateaued, from memory! I’m not sure how they’re going to go on now, though.

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't surprised me if Stanley appoint Gary Bowyer. 

After success at Dundee, I think Bowyer would probably want club with more chance of achieving something, but if they got him it would be a great appointment.

Just now, Hasta said:

After success at Dundee, I think Bowyer would probably want club with more chance of achieving something, but if they got him it would be a great appointment.

He did want the Forest Green job who are below Accrington Stanley. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He did want the Forest Green job who are below Accrington Stanley. 

Surprised at that. If so then Stanley would be ideal all round.

Andy Holt is a dingle from the Bob Lord mould. Pretends he's a United fan, but well known he took over Accy after a visit as a dingle. Can't hide the webbed feet and forked tongue. Never done anything but dig Rovers in the ribs with his online profile. Balls to him. Hope others can see he's so far up his own arse he can lick.his tonsils.

Disclaimer

* I do think he's done a good job there,  he just believes his own hype and well he's a blatant dingle.