BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What’s gone on there then. I thought he was a model owner doing a sterling job from what I’ve read on here 

Coleman and Bell did an interview with BBC Lancs in midweek about new contacts. Holt hasn’t taken it well and lashed out on Twitter, insulting fans and telling them how much he’s put into the club.

I’m shocked as like you said I think he’s a model owner, but it seems him and the management team have clashed and he’s spat his dummy out.

• Moderation Lead

Another club owner that doesn’t take criticism well. A prime example of the internet giving everyone a voice, not necessarily being a good thing.

(Apart from for entertainment value, obviously).

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Another club owner that doesn’t take criticism well. A prime example of the internet giving everyone a voice, not necessarily being a good thing.

(Apart from for entertainment value, obviously).

He had a voice anyway as a public figure. 

I haven't heard the interview with RL, but if Coleman and Bell have criticised the owner publicly then Holt has every right to reply in kind. That's democracy!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

Crazy for the Accy owner to do this over Twitter.

I've always appreciated his honesty to a degree, giving insight into how a club is run...but I think he's also always had a vibe of being a touch up his own behind, which I suppose is expected when you're the owner of a football club, and this seems to prove it to a degree. Seems like he's taken offence to the fans having more support for the manager than him.

Having said that, the manager and assistant manager shouldn't be speaking to Radio Lancashire about their contracts. The whole thing should be kept indoors. I suppose Holt is simply retaliating in public because his management team went public first. I guess they're all in the wrong.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He had a voice anyway as a public figure. 

I haven't heard the interview with RL, but if Coleman and Bell have criticised the owner publicly then Holt has every right to reply in kind. That's democracy!

Well yeah, obviously.

It’s the kind of thing that should be played out behind closed doors, from both sides.

Holt did a strange interview with Radio Lancs in pre-season digging Coleman out about how big a squad he amassed in the relegation season and that he should never have let him build up so many players. He stated it cost the club an absolute fortune in scans and medical bills due to the squad size. 

I watched the management interviews too last week and thought it wasn't going to end well. Holt will refuse to pay them off and they won't walk so it could end up a miserable season for them. 

I'm not too sure how well Holts other businesses are doing but I saw Wilko owed them north of £350k when they went pop!

16 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What’s gone on there then. I thought he was a model owner doing a sterling job from what I’ve read on here 

just look at his twitter account and he tell why he has done what he has done 

9 hours ago, Polky said:

Coleman and Bell did an interview with BBC Lancs in midweek about new contacts. Holt hasn’t taken it well and lashed out on Twitter, insulting fans and telling them how much he’s put into the club.

I’m shocked as like you said I think he’s a model owner, but it seems him and the management team have clashed and he’s spat his dummy out.

Wouldn't you say it is Coleman and Bell who have spat their dummy out by going on BBC Lancs and complaining about their contract situation. Would you have given them new contract after relegation or would you have sack them and bring in a new manager and number 2? I would have pick the second option 

4 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Crazy for the Accy owner to do this over Twitter.

I've always appreciated his honesty to a degree, giving insight into how a club is run...but I think he's also always had a vibe of being a touch up his own behind, which I suppose is expected when you're the owner of a football club, and this seems to prove it to a degree. Seems like he's taken offence to the fans having more support for the manager than him.

Having said that, the manager and assistant manager shouldn't be speaking to Radio Lancashire about their contracts. The whole thing should be kept indoors. I suppose Holt is simply retaliating in public because his management team went public first. I guess they're all in the wrong.

He has tried to be open and honest with fans and the public. He has given open and honest answers to fans questions 

1 hour ago, GHR said:

Should be a statue of John Coleman outside Accrington Town Hall, worked beyond miracles at that club for well over two decades all in.

Yes Coleman deserved alot of praise for his work there but I do wonder if Andy Holt should have sack him last season in order to stay up. 

They had 1,750 home fans on yesterday, that tells you just how small a club they are.

Coleman kept them in League 1 with vastly bigger clubs for five years. I don’t think he’s being unreasonable in expecting another deal after one poor season in a decade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They had 1,750 home fans on yesterday, that tells you just how small a club they are.

Coleman kept them in League 1 with vastly bigger clubs for five years. I don’t think he’s being unreasonable in expecting another deal after one poor season in a decade.

accrington is in the middle of blackburn and burnley and not so far from preston and bolton,just to be in the football league is a great achievement considering their resources and the clubs in their vicinity,coleman is an excellent manager imo,he should be able to name the length of his contract imo

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

just look at his twitter account and he tell why he has done what he has done 

Wouldn't you say it is Coleman and Bell who have spat their dummy out by going on BBC Lancs and complaining about their contract situation. Would you have given them new contract after relegation or would you have sack them and bring in a new manager and number 2? I would have pick the second option 

He has tried to be open and honest with fans and the public. He has given open and honest answers to fans questions 

Yes Coleman deserved alot of praise for his work there but I do wonder if Andy Holt should have sack him last season in order to stay up. 

I don’t have social media hence the reason I’m always on here finding stuff out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

accrington is in the middle of blackburn and burnley and not so far from preston and bolton,just to be in the football league is a great achievement considering their resources and the clubs in their vicinity,coleman is an excellent manager imo,he should be able to name the length of his contract imo

That's because you aren't paying his contract .

Edited by rigger

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

The Rochdale fans would have liked to burn him at the stake when he managed Rochdale. They hated him.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really not sure it would've made much difference but we'll never know. When Coleman does leave the club I think they could really struggle to transition to a new manager. Looking at other clubs who've had managers for a long time, they tend to struggle afterwards....Charlton when Curbishley left comes to mind.

I hope they get it sorted. Stanley are a good club, it's sad to see this happen and hopefully they can have a good season in the end.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 15:59, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was reading the Rochdale v Gateshead report earlier. The ‘Dale are my local team. Apparently Gateshead had two wingers out wide all the game and they left two player up on the half way line when defending corners ! Their coach must be a genius, eat your heart out Pep.

Rochdale can do extended highlights with commentary free of charge on YouTube.

We can't.