BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

The referee today was the same one who wrongly sent Jake Garrett off at Coventry, should have sent Jack Robinson off at Sheffield in the FA Cup and sent Ayala off at Bristol City. Three but decisions to make but only one (Ayala) correct in my view. He has just been promoted to Select Group one though.

To add the Barnsley's woe I thought they should have had a penalty early in the second half. The VAR once again has simply proved wholly inadequate.

He's obviously making the right decision as far as some people are concerned as he's being rewarded for it.

10 hours ago, philipl said:

Why use a ref who doesn't normally ref with VAR ?

He has worked with VAR on the few Premier League games he has refereed and in our FA Cup quarter final. I don't think the referee is really at fault here as his initial view was partly obstructed by the Wednesday player on the ground. The blame for me lies wholly with VAR who, after seeing the incident from the other side should have recommended an OFR. I'm sure the decision would have been overturned if this simple process had been followed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

He's obviously making the right decision as far as some people are concerned as he's being rewarded for it.

Not necessarily. His season (much like the clubs) is judged over the entirety of it so a few errors here and there could be absorbed into high marks from lots of good games enabling him to finish top of the merit list. 

Wigan Athletic's unpaid players can rip up their contracts on Friday if they still haven't been paid. That's a lot of money to throw away unless you're confident of getting a contract elsewhere.

They're already on -8 points and I assume they'll be due some more docked points if they don't pay up.

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Wigan Athletic's unpaid players can rip up their contracts on Friday if they still haven't been paid. That's a lot of money to throw away unless you're confident of getting a contract elsewhere.

They're already on -8 points and I assume they'll be due some more docked points if they don't pay up.

The way they're going they'll be back to being a non league team again in a few years.

• Like 2

From Nixon, HMRC have now sent a winding-up petition notice to Wigan Athletic's owners for a tax bill of ~£1m. Far more serious than the ~£2m of unpaid wages which is bad enough. They could be wound up within a week if the owners don't act or sell and sort. Any new owner would have to immediately drop £3m in cash to set things straight, as well as taking over a club starting on -8 points at the most.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KentExile said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66099646

Fleetwood Towns owner has been jailed for 13 years for fraud.  Any chance that the fact that he once employed Joey Barton as manager sparked initial reservations and investigations about his moral character?

Over the years I have heard things about this bloke which aren't very good. It looks like events have caught up with him now. The noises coming out of Fleetwood don't appear overly concerned whereas I was of the opinion he bankrolled them.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Over the years I have heard things about this bloke which aren't very good. It looks like events have caught up with him now. The noises coming out of Fleetwood don't appear overly concerned whereas I was of the opinion he bankrolled them.

I thought he did too, on the back on a con scheme.  Feel for the fans there, but surely if he was both owner and benefactor (I think you are right and that he was), they are in trouble

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66099646

Fleetwood Towns owner has been jailed for 13 years for fraud.  Any chance that the fact that he once employed Joey Barton as manager sparked initial reservations and investigations about his moral character?

13 years, good lord. You'd get less for murder. 

• Like 2

This is an interesting one at FGR following Ferguson's sacking:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/35511/12915076/hannah-dingley-forest-green-rovers-caretaker-boss-becomes-first-woman-to-take-charge-of-senior-professional-mens-team-in-england

I'm beginning to wonder if FGR are just on a massive publicity stunt at the moment and this is just one of them, however I hope she does well. If she does, it'll be interesting to see if any other clubs take the plunge.

18 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

This is an interesting one at FGR following Ferguson's sacking:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/35511/12915076/hannah-dingley-forest-green-rovers-caretaker-boss-becomes-first-woman-to-take-charge-of-senior-professional-mens-team-in-england

I'm beginning to wonder if FGR are just on a massive publicity stunt at the moment and this is just one of them, however I hope she does well. If she does, it'll be interesting to see if any other clubs take the plunge.

If she does well, it will be interesting to see if she gets the job full time.

You might be right about it being a stunt, their owner certainly appears to like the spotlight being on him.

• Like 1