BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

On 05/07/2023 at 10:22, windymiller7 said:

This is an interesting one at FGR following Ferguson's sacking:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/35511/12915076/hannah-dingley-forest-green-rovers-caretaker-boss-becomes-first-woman-to-take-charge-of-senior-professional-mens-team-in-england

I'm beginning to wonder if FGR are just on a massive publicity stunt at the moment and this is just one of them, however I hope she does well. If she does, it'll be interesting to see if any other clubs take the plunge.

She didn’t get the job…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

On 18/07/2023 at 08:37, windymiller7 said:

So she basically took pre-season training for a couple of weeks!

Sadly, as I suspected, it looks like it was a bit of a publicity stunt.

I'm not sure that was the case. It's not exactly unheard of for someone to take over on a caretaker basis and then not get the permanent job.

14 hours ago, only2garners said:

I'm not sure that was the case. It's not exactly unheard of for someone to take over on a caretaker basis and then not get the permanent job.

Yes, and she was in house so it was a good move by FGR to make the interim appointment immediately post Ferguson in the pre season. She was obviously well respected by all at the club after being in charge of their academy and knew the club's players and club culture.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, and she was in house so it was a good move by FGR to make the interim appointment immediately post Ferguson in the pre season. She was obviously well respected by all at the club after being in charge of their academy and knew the club's players and club culture.

I’m sure you are right but I think the owner enjoyed the extra publicity as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2023 at 15:32, arbitro said:

Stanley's new third kit. It appears somebody at Macron was having a bad day. 😂

Its based on the world famous Tiffany glass  housed at Haworth Art Gallery in Accy.

At least this shows that Macron are influenced by local input when designing a shirt so no reason why they cant with a little input from Rovers deign the Home shirt as quarters which seems to be most fans bug bear. 

I also actually like the Stanley shirt ..its different and has a local interest around it ! Well done Macron ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

League 2 Bradford City fired Mark Hughes; BBC: Mark Hughes fired by Bradford City

He once had the world at his feet. What happened to him?

This must be it for him, right? Who'd hire him now?

did get them playoffs last season, 

I would have stuck with him and back him