BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

League 2 Bradford City fired Mark Hughes; BBC: Mark Hughes fired by Bradford City

He once had the world at his feet. What happened to him?

This must be it for him, right? Who'd hire him now?

When he was with us he had three others in his team, two plus Neddy Wesky

He seems not to be able to do it without them.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pascal Chimbonda appointed manager at Skelmersdale Utd.

His first managerial appointment. I wish him all the best. Judging by his history he seems to be one of the few footballers that actual love the game be it playing or (and now) managing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bazza said:

His first managerial appointment. I wish him all the best. Judging by his history he seems to be one of the few footballers that actual love the game be it playing or (and now) managing.

Didn't Edgar Davids play for a conference league team before he eventually retired?

Love of the game or gambling problem? Hopefully love of the game.

2 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Didn't Edgar Davids play for a conference league team before he eventually retired?

I looked it up he had 2 seasons playing for Barnet played 36 games.

31 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

27 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I looked it up he had 2 seasons playing for Barnet played 36 games.

Wore the number 1 shirt, and apparently to be called 'Sir' whilst there.

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he played 1 game for garforth town at aged 54,a couple of years before his untimely demise😥,zico,eder,falcao and socrates,the holy quartet

Brazil 1982 World Cup squad,probably the best team not to win the world cup.They came up against a Rossi inspired Italy.Both had beaten Argentina in the second round group so the winners of this made the semi final

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Brazil 1982 World Cup squad,probably the best team not to win the world cup.They came up against a Rossi inspired Italy.Both had beaten Argentina in the second round group so the winners of this made the semi final

best game ever imo,made all the more tragic as the brazilians only had to draw to go through,their have been some fantastic brazilian teams through the years but none of them matched that side,i cried when gentile and his feral team mates triumphed,football was never the same after that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

best game ever imo,made all the more tragic as the brazilians only had to draw to go through,their have been some fantastic brazilian teams through the years but none of them matched that side,i cried when gentile and his feral team mates triumphed,football was never the same after that

Certainly a great game but Italy found a way of overcoming a fabulous Brazilian team. Unfortunately Brazil had the worst centre forward playing for them I’ve ever seen in a Brazil shirt. He made Gally look decent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I thought the best Brasil team never to win was in 98.

They were a good side but they had a few left over from 1994 who were past their prime. Dunga, Aldair, and Bebeto all played a lot and were all well past 30. They were all on their way down. They also had a massive central defender who was not very good. 

Ronaldo's panic attack/injury/who knows what before the final took the sting out of the game before it started. They never got going.

I'll look it up but I think that Kluivert missed a sitter for the Dutch in semi final extra time that would have put them out 

They also got lucky against Denmark in the quarter final. Roberto Carlos pulled off a comedy move for the ages. It still makes me laugh now when I see it. He tried an overhead kick clearance in his own box instead of heading it. He missed the ball by a country mile and it fell to Brian Laudrup who equalised. 

The Danes managed to neutralise his free kicks in that game by exploiting his run ups and placing a player between him and the ball.

My hot take is that Roberto Carlos was a defensive liability.

Fantastic at bombing forwards, but also moaned to heck when Hodgson played him at left wing at Inter Milan.

1 minute ago, Dreyski said:

The Danes managed to neutralise his free kicks in that game by exploiting his run ups and placing a player between him and the ball.

My hot take is that Roberto Carlos was a defensive liability.

Fantastic at bombing forwards, but also moaned to heck when Hodgson played him at left wing at Inter Milan.

Was JDT in that side in that way?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Certainly best international game I've ever seen. The Italians had scraped through the first group if I remember correctly. Then got Maradona sent off. Certainly masters of the dark arts but their will to win was formidable as well. Made all the sweeter for me as I had drawn Italy in the school world cup sweepstake!

19 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Certainly a great game but Italy found a way of overcoming a fabulous Brazilian team. Unfortunately Brazil had the worst centre forward playing for them I’ve ever seen in a Brazil shirt. He made Gally look decent.

serginho,he was only in because careca got injured and roberto dinamate was also injured,yes,he was ****** useless!!!!!!!!