BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I can understand why they didn’t have the Championship one today as they probably didn’t want to put it up against the PL final day, but why Saturday and not the traditional Monday I’m not sure.

Maybe they wanted to give the Championship teams the freshest pitch and the 'prime time' slot of Saturday afternoon?

Being the third game in three days on Monday, I'm sure the pitch is churned up somewhat. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don't know if you missed the joke... Or I'm missing something as usual ☺️

Will Collar came on for the team that was winning - and I said he would hopefully tie up the match. Which makes no sense.

The irony is, I saw your 'lead' joke, and thought it made no sense because I wrongly thought 'but they don't have the lead'. But they did. 

Glad that's sorted!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

• Backroom

I was surprised to see the reaction online, only saw the replay but looked a blatant red to me, may have been different in real time 

• Like 1

I am honestly perplexed at the red card given to the Barnsley player given that VAR is there to advise the referee on a 'clear and obvious error'. It didn't endanger an opponents safety, wasn't out of control of dangerous so it's simply a yellow card for reckless play for me. And given Barnsley should have had a penalty a few moments earlier they can feel really hard done to. The camera panned to Howard Webb in the aftermath who was studiously reading a text or email on his phone. His face gave me a strong indication of the content.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Got to feel for Barnsley (and their keeper especially) after that.

Absolutely gutting but just shows , Wednesday were dead and buried after the semis.

If the football Gods are with you ....

Fingers crossed our luck evens out next year and the ref hands us a win in our biggest game of the season too.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I am honestly perplexed at the red card given to the Barnsley player given that VAR is there to advise the referee on a 'clear and obvious error'. It didn't endanger an opponents safety, wasn't out of control of dangerous so it's simply a yellow card for reckless play for me. And given Barnsley should have had a penalty a few moments earlier they can feel really hard done to. The camera panned to Howard Webb in the aftermath who was studiously reading a text or email on his phone. His face gave me a strong indication of the content.

Thank you for your expert analysis of those incidents. I now feeling justified in my views.

My other observation is that Howard Webb looks like GB, the Egg, with a beard.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thank you for your expert analysis of those incidents. I now feeling justified in my views.

My other observation is that Howard Webb looks like GB, the Egg, with a beard.

The referee today was the same one who wrongly sent Jake Garrett off at Coventry, should have sent Jack Robinson off at Sheffield in the FA Cup and sent Ayala off at Bristol City. Three but decisions to make but only one (Ayala) correct in my view. He has just been promoted to Select Group one though.

To add the Barnsley's woe I thought they should have had a penalty early in the second half. The VAR once again has simply proved wholly inadequate.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The referee today was the same one who wrongly sent Jake Garrett off at Coventry, should have sent Jack Robinson off at Sheffield in the FA Cup and sent Ayala off at Bristol City. Three but decisions to make but only one (Ayala) correct in my view. He has just been promoted to Select Group one though.

To add the Barnsley's woe I thought they should have had a penalty early in the second half. The VAR once again has simply proved wholly inadequate.

I agree that VAR still isn't being used properly. 

I thought it was reckless challenge by Phillips and I would have sent it off seeing live but why didn't VAR ask the ref to go to screeen and check his decision. Its a massive decision to make there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Why use a ref who doesn't normally ref with VAR ?