BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Funny I was under the impression Huddersfield were the third best team in the division last season. But you are right, we will face lots of challenges - who knows maybe we can present a challenge ourselves every now and then. So far I’ve got a number of Coventry fans and Rovers fans who expect to blow us away when we play and easily finish above us so it will be interesting to see how the next 6 or 8 games go. It’s hard being little old Burnley going up against this divisions behemoths.

Takkng my tongue out of my cheek for a second - a lot of Burnley fans are getting a little carried away with one match. It’s a long season and we will have highs and lows.

I’m fairly sure it is to protect Burnley’s equine population from the invaders from down the ‘65.

No need to worry about that. We haven't used horses as a mode of transport for a century or so now. 

You'll get there one day... 

...maybe 

• Like 2

This ‘horse’ thing you lot have suddenly started coming out with (obviously annoyed that the Dingle nickname has stuck so long).

Not sure any Rovers fans even know about it, so poor comms from you lot.

I only worked out you lot meant Rovers fans a few posts deep on your forum. Any explanations to where such a lame epithet has come from?

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I never got this horse thing either. Where did that come from?

Some guy got caught fiddling with a horse in Blackburn ages ago I think, so they latched onto it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Define ‘regular?’

I think he’s referring to a polish bloke who lived in Blackburn that had a bit of thing for horses? The Dingles and Nob Enders love to bring it up on their shitty forums. I suppose they think they’ve got one over on us as Bestiality is illegal, but incest isn’t 😂

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I think he’s referring to a polish bloke who lived in Blackburn that had a bit of thing for horses? The Dingles and Nob Enders love to bring it up on their shitty forums. I suppose they think they’ve got one over on us as Bestiality is illegal, but incest isn’t 😂

Wasn’t just the Blackburn  fella from Poland though:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9907374.blackburn-pensioner-fined-interfering-two-horses/

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9866958.man-admits-sex-horse-oswaldtwistle/

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Wow, nowt as strange as folk! Not mentally stable obviously! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Butty said:

Yeah Barnes is finished, even at this level. If they sign a half decent striker I think they’ll finish in the top two. Can’t believe @chaddyrovers said he thought they might get relegated a month or so ago, and yes Chaddy you said MlGHT and not definitely before you pull me up on that 😂 with the signings they are making they will be well up there. 

I still don't they will do as well as you and others think so. Cornet is going West Ham now, They lost several good players. 

They will be tougher test to come now

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

unny I was under the impression Huddersfield were the third best team in the division last season

They lost the head coach and 2 of their best players to Forest. Plus they are suffering a hangover from their playoff lost which is sometimes normal at this leve;

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still don't they will do as well as you and others think so. Cornet is going West Ham now, They lost several good players. 

They will be tougher test to come now

Cornet out - as expected but WH having to pay up front it seems. Benson on his way in - and suggestion of another couple before the end of the month. Mind you I’m dreading facing you lot based on how crap a few of you think we are (after one game). Seems we will be lucky to keep it to single figures.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They lost the head coach and 2 of their best players to Forest. Plus they are suffering a hangover from their playoff lost which is sometimes normal at this leve;

We lost our head coach and 15 players, including one of the best keepers in the country, 2 fabulously experienced centre halves and another who I believe will go in to be one of the best in the world, 2 attackers in Cornet and McNeil and a striker who was only second in Germany to Lewandovski. But I’m sure all that doesn’t count against Huddersfield’s trials.

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Cornet out - as expected but WH having to pay up front it seems. Benson on his way in - and suggestion of another couple before the end of the month. Mind you I’m dreading facing you lot based on how crap a few of you think we are (after one game). Seems we will be lucky to keep it to single figures.

Doubt all the fee will be upset tbh. 

Is Benson on his way? 

I never said you were crap did I. 

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We lost our head coach and 15 players, including one of the best keepers in the country, 2 fabulously experienced centre halves and another who I believe will go in to be one of the best in the world, 2 attackers in Cornet and McNeil and a striker who was only second in Germany to Lewandovski. But I’m sure all that doesn’t count against Huddersfield’s trials

Nathan Collins will be one of the best in the world? really? 

But your head coach/manager didn't walk out a couple of weeks before the season started. 

Yes you have a number of players who have left but you have replace them with. Huddersfield have lost their best player, captain and not replace him. 

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

A terrific video from Burnley's shirt sponsors:

I’ve see a few Rovers getting excited about this on Twitter - more about them being our sponsors and posting Tugay.

But a great player is a great player no matter which colours they wear. I hated Maradona for his hand of god and his general ‘dickishness’ - but he was still a great player, in fact probably the GOAT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doubt all the fee will be upset tbh. 

Is Benson on his way? 

I never said you were crap did I. 

Nathan Collins will be one of the best in the world? really? 

But your head coach/manager didn't walk out a couple of weeks before the season started. 

Yes you have a number of players who have left but you have replace them with. Huddersfield have lost their best player, captain and not replace him. 

Story is it’s all up front. I guess a release clause is great but it doesn’t allow you to dictate payment terms. We didn’t need to sell and, if those experts in the media are to be believed, we’ve insisted it’s paid in full.

Benson is, apparently, all done. And yes, I do believe Collins has enough to be one of the best central defenders in the world

As for the other stuff, you posted lots about how we were in turmoil, how we needed so many players we’d be in total disarray and may well get relegated. Then we play pretty well in the first game - even allowing for the hysteria on here about the second half where we still managed 67% possession and restricted them to 2 off target shots - and suddenly it’s because of all the upheaval at Huddersfield as though we’d experienced none of this.

And finally, no you didn’t literally say ‘crap’   but that was a reasonable interpretation of many of your points.

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I do believe Collins has enough to be one of the best central defenders in the world

woah

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

how we needed so many players we’d be in total disarray and may well get relegated. Then we play pretty well in the first game - even allowing for the hysteria on here about the second half where we still managed 67% possession and restricted them to 2 off target shots - and suddenly it’s because of all the upheaval at Huddersfield as though we’d experienced none of this.

You signed 9 players so far and from your comments you are looking for around 3 to 4 players more, So I was right about amount of signings he needed to make to your squad. 

I praised some of your transfers like Cullen, THB and Twine. 

I also said you were good in the Huddersfield game and managed the game well