BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

My guess is Brannagan. 

A Brannagan and Travis combination sounds good but in my opinion we need to sign 2 quality CMs. I felt we needed a better player alongside Rothwell all of last year even when we had Johnson and Davenport due to Travis being a fairly limited player (as much as I love him!).

Glad they sound busy now but we need a lot more to get over the line.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

A Brannagan and Travis combination sounds good but in my opinion we need to sign 2 quality CMs. I felt we needed a better player alongside Rothwell all of last year even when we had Johnson and Davenport due to Travis being a fairly limited player (as much as I love him!).

Glad they sound busy now but we need a lot more to get over the line.

If a midfield 2 Buckley will be playing there.I don't see him being played as advanced like TM did last season going forward 

• Like 1

"Blackburn have bid way in excess of what we paid for Sammie and if the offers keep creeping up and the player knows he can earn £20k per week we could have a problem down the line. We are not at that stage yet. Sammie is aware of the offers, but he is committed to us. I can’t wait for the transfer window to shut as it’s very unsettling.”

Money, money, money 

Edited by danger19_80

"Blackburn have bid way in excess of what we paid for Sammie and if the offers keep creeping up and the player knows he can earn £20k per week we could have a problem down the line. We are not at that stage yet. Sammie is aware of the offers, but he is committed to us. I can’t wait for the transfer window to shut as it’s very unsettling.”

£20k a week, I’m not sure about that Mr Fry 😂

Just now, islander200 said:

If a midfield 2 Buckley will be playing there.I don't see him being played as advanced like TM did last season going forward 

Good point, part of my reason for feeling that last season was due to Buckley being misused and looking uncomfortable too far forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

"Blackburn have bid way in excess of what we paid for Sammie and if the offers keep creeping up and the player knows he can earn £20k per week we could have a problem down the line. We are not at that stage yet. Sammie is aware of the offers, but he is committed to us. I can’t wait for the transfer window to shut as it’s very unsettling.”

Money, money, money 

If they only risk losing him if we pay him 20k per week, he can sleep very very soundly.

More likely to be about half that. And I should think the player would be very thankful for it too.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

I wonder if there’s any chance we could get Van Hecke back on loan? He seemed to enjoy it at Rovers last season. 

Yes people keep wondering this, and keep having to be told that no, there isn't really. Brighton will want him to get a higher level loan or maybe even use him themselves. After last season he is too good for them to want him to just come here again.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes people keep wondering this, and keep having to be told that no, there isn't really. Brighton will want him to get a higher level loan or maybe even use him themselves. After last season he is too good for them to want him to just come here again.

Sorry Bruce, I didn’t see the previous posts 🙄

Glad to see we have signed a right back on a long term deal who could in theory start the season.

Have only seen him a handful of times in which he didnt stand out as a full back but slightly worried about the main comments from Barnsley fans. Hopefully it was a bad season for him in a bad team and he can push on.

Glad to see that Brown will be loaned out. @chaddyrovers I guess you strongly disagree with that decision seeing how consistent you have been insisting that he remains in the squad?

Unsure on Sczmodics as he is a central player who has struggled to make the step up but he is more productive than a few of our attacking players.

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He only has a year left on his deal though.If Brighton don't plan on using him this season then surely he will be sold.He was immense for us last season but at the moment I wouldn't expect his next move to be a premier league club so I wouldn't totally rule it out if we were prepared to pay the fee for him ,according to reports he is only on 4k a week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad to see that Brown will be loaned out. @chaddyrovers I guess you strongly disagree with that decision seeing how consistent you have been insisting that he remains in the squad?

Personally, not so sure I'd loan Brown, maybe on a 2 or 3 month loan at most. Leaves us with just JRC (known to be shit there and perennially injured or unfit) and Carter (a CB really) as cover. Shame we don't have any young lads of note coming through there like we do at LB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

No other clubs were linked to him despite being free, and he's only secured a one year deal with Wigan. It's hard to come to any other conclusion other than he is rated poorly by scouts and managers across the Championship.

It's strange as we as fans have generally rated him highly. Never really seen so much of a disconnect between fans assessment and the market's.

Maybe we over rated him because of what came before under this ownership era as he was a refreshing change compared to the rest.

Henley - pants

Kane - Ok for a spell but only on loan

Baptiste - Pick of the bunch but a center defender playing out of position with no pace

Keane - See above although not old very young and raw

Then of course Lowe, Marshall, Bennett and probably some others iv'e missed did stints there so a proper RB in Nyambe and a solid quick one he was a breath of fresh air. A strong competent defender who looked like he could really go places when he broke through but could never master the RWB role really.

So yes maybe he isn't all that he just looked better because we finally had someone of our own to play there regularly in what was a real problem position for years.  Mainly due to incompetent management.

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He only has a year left on his deal though.If Brighton don't plan on using him this season then surely he will be sold.He was immense for us last season but at the moment I wouldn't expect his next move to be a premier league club so I wouldn't totally rule it out if we were prepared to pay the fee for him ,according to reports he is only on 4k a week

Also Sharpe has mentioned today that there’s a decent chance he gets loaned out later in the window - however unsure if Blackburn come into that 

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Personally, not so sure I'd loan Brown, maybe on a 2 or 3 month loan at most. Leaves us with just JRC (known to be shit there and perennially injured or unfit) and Carter (a CB really) as cover. Shame we don't have any young lads of note coming through there like we do at LB.

JRC is the one to loan out imo

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Really? Seems odd I've heard no mention of it. The internet seems to agree it expires next summer, but I wonder if there's a 1 year option. Seems odd for a Prem club to spend a couple mill on a youth player and not give him a 4 year deal. In that case I expect they'll try to tie him down to new terms if there is no extension option. Shouldn't be too hard for them. Even if he leaves next summer they'll be due compo if they offer him a deal of the same or better terms and since they paid a fee it should be reasonable.

I doubt they're in a rush but I guess it opens the slim possibility of a sale. A better financed Championship club would probably outdo us on wages though, I'd be surprised if there are more than a couple of clubs in this league who wouldn't like to have him.

19 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Always has; always will.

Imo; obvs!😉

He has form for this type of thing i bet hes ruined a few moves for players down the years but any opportunity to get himself in the spotlight suits.

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Also Sharpe has mentioned today that there’s a decent chance he gets loaned out later in the window - however unsure if Blackburn come into that 

I can't remotely imagine us getting him on loan again. Especially if he is in his last year.