BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Wow Styles is a superb signing at this level. I’m sure Chaddy has been championing both of them!

patience is a virtue and if this is the calibre of player that we are signing, I am happy to wait a while!

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A case of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing.

Way before Chris Price's time when dinosaurs still roamed the earth we had a diminutive right winger Johnny Price 71-73 time.

5 ft 2 inches and signed from Stockport County I think he was.

Despite his size he was a good un as well at old Division 3 (League 1) level. One of my favourite players growing up.

Oh dear, little knowledge?

You sure about that when the OP was referring to right backs etc??

Screenshot_20220721-192342_Samsung Internet.png

47 minutes ago, slowmo said:

GB said In signing release,  he has known about Brittian for years , since watching play aboard on loan .

Edit - nevermind, you said GB, I thought you said JDT. Still, what would Broughton have been watching Icelandic football in 2016 for? He'd have been at...Norwich would he? Wouldn't have thought it would be a priority league to scout.

Edited by bluebruce

Brittain and Styles would be an excellent start to our summer business, with the indication of a couple more to follow (as well as a couple of loans, ideally).

Goes to prove that patience is required, particularly where a new management team is involved.

As most of us said, judge at the end of the window, not before.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

He watched him play abroad on loan? In the Icelandic league? Christ...

He would have been Assistant Manager of Denmark at the time. Not sure what business he would have had in Iceland...I guess some of the Icelandic national team might play there, though I assumed they all played in mainland Europe, so he could have been scouting the opposition or something. The only sign I can find of an Iceland vs Denmark game was before Brittain went there though. Still, be an odd thing to make up, just no idea why he was watching football over there!

GB not JDT. 

Like everyone here, chuffed to get out first signing and feeling a lot more positive than I had been, looks like it just took a little time to get the plan underway and to knock over the first domino. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Reliably informed from Barnsley side (agent) that Styles is rovers bound, seen as a Smith-Rowe type player.

Some fine details re sell on clauses, but this is likely to happen.

This is not related to my meeting today, which i will report on later

If this comes off, ill get the pints in at ewood 🍻🍻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Oh dear, little knowledge?

You sure about that when the OP was referring to right backs etc??

Screenshot_20220721-192342_Samsung Internet.png

branagan was`nt one to venture forward much,he did`nt let anyone pass though,i can remember a game against portsmouth when he karate kicked their winger in the head😁,price was a class apart from nyambe as well,loved to get forward and had a final ball as well,decent when called on to defend as well

1 minute ago, Feed the Yak said:

GB not JDT. 

Like everyone here, chuffed to get out first signing and feeling a lot more positive than I had been, looks like it just took a little time to get the plan underway and to knock over the first domino. 

I edited it too late it seems.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He watched him play abroad on loan? In the Icelandic league? Christ...

He would have been Assistant Manager of Denmark at the time. Not sure what business he would have had in Iceland...I guess some of the Icelandic national team might play there, though I assumed they all played in mainland Europe, so he could have been scouting the opposition or something. The only sign I can find of an Iceland vs Denmark game that year was 2 months before Brittain went there though. Still, be an odd thing to make up, just no idea why he was watching football over there!

JDT wouldn't have tracked him, but GB would have.

Although when I first read your post I briefly considered the fact the Denmark once owned Iceland, until Iceland broke away once Denmark was invaded by Nazi Germany.

47 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So its now clear our market is the 3rd Division.

I can see how that will improve us from last season.

Brittain last played in the Championship mate. He's left Barnsley because he's too good for the '3rd division' they've dropped to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

JDT wouldn't have tracked him, but GB would have.

Although when I first read your post I briefly considered the fact the Denmark once owned Iceland, until Iceland broke away once Denmark was invaded by Nazi Germany.

And frozen food stores have never been the same since

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Feel like I’m in dreamland. Do we think Styles would play LWB and then play CM when trav/Buckley injured/suspended?

That’s a shout tbf. Think he’ll primarily be a midfielder but having versatile players really helps.

2 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Feel like I’m in dreamland. Do we think Styles would play LWB and then play CM when trav/Buckley injured/suspended?

I think JDT is looking at 3 across the middle. Thought he said he couldn't put 3 across the middle because he didn't have enough players to do it across 2 games?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Edit - nevermind, you said GB, I thought you said JDT. Still, what would Broughton have been watching Icelandic football in 2016 for? He'd have been at...Norwich would he? Wouldn't have thought it would be a priority league to scout.

Could easily have been tracking him at MK Dons u18s and saw he got a move… who cares? 

Just watched a video of the lad on YouTube … all left foot very comfortable on the ball good close control and has a bit of a “dig” on him .. can see a midfield 3 with Him left Buckley deep and Travis right 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJW said:

Just watched a video of the lad on YouTube … all left foot very comfortable on the ball good close control and has a bit of a “dig” on him .. can see a midfield 3 with Him left Buckley deep and Travis right 

Who up top? Gally, Diaz & Markanday/Dolan?

Edited by BankEnd Rover