BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Are Spurs even open to letting Parrot leave on a permanent? 

I read this week that Spurs plan was for him to head out on loan and to whichever club they want him playing as a 9.It was said that at Mk Dons he played more withdrawn with Twine often filling the space ahead of him 

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Styles starting for Barnsley.

Perhaps a good sign that his move to Turkey isn’t as deep as we thought.

Yep true.

Although if what Glen had heard was correct that the only thing left to sort out was a sell on clause, surely he wouldn't be playing today.

Not a slight on Glen, but it looks like it's no where near as close as he was lead to believe.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you know much about Troy Parrott and would you like to sign him permanent? 

The Barnsley manager was on the radio confirming bid from Rovers according to @goozburger

Cantwell link was real but If Rovers got into a position to sign him it would be last day of the window if it happens. 

I would expect all players to be starting since they are good key players for their clubs

As I'm Irish and familiar with Parrott I will fill you in.   He was a Spurs protege banging in goals for the U23s etc.   Mourinho arrived and didnt fancy him and offloaded him on loan to Millwall where he barely scored a goal.  He then went on another loan to MK Dons whereby he started to show some promise and started scoring semi regularly and playing fairly well.  Gets called up to the Ireland squad.  Looked a bit lost in his first couple of sub appearances and starts but then scored a couple against Andorra and has scored a few nice goals since.  Scored a beautiful goal v Scotland recently.

IMO he had  bought into his own hype while at Spurs and was hanging out with some bad company off the pitch.  I think he has realised he needs to work hard otherwise he will end up a waster.  He is starting to fill out and is still very young.  For Rovers he is definitely worth a punt and could be the next big thing.  He has very good movement and once he scores a couple of goals he will be away with it and score more.

Conte will probably send him out on loan again this season so if I was a scout I would definitely be onto that ASAP.  He has very good potential which may or may not be fulfilled but is starting to show signs he will.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Looks good although at a level below, very much our target mo this summer it appears 

Are Rovers looking at him? 

what are his strengths and weaknesses 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He didn't say from Rovers.

I wouldn't expect him to but that info along with Glen and someone else who message me the same info all into one

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not convinced Cantwell was ever likely to go anywhere, if indeed an interest was there. How are you so sure that it was real?

If you want to play down out interest than fair enough but I reckon the link is real given what we already know of GB background and what others have said. If you don't want believe it fine, and just for the record I not saying we will sign him but we have interest in signing him

25 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

As I'm Irish and familiar with Parrott I will fill you in.   He was a Spurs protege banging in goals for the U23s etc.   Mourinho arrived and didnt fancy him and offloaded him on loan to Millwall where he barely scored a goal.  He then went on another loan to MK Dons whereby he started to show some promise and started scoring semi regularly and playing fairly well.  Gets called up to the Ireland squad.  Looked a bit lost in his first couple of sub appearances and starts but then scored a couple against Andorra and has scored a few nice goals since.  Scored a beautiful goal v Scotland recently.

IMO he had  bought into his own hype while at Spurs and was hanging out with some bad company off the pitch.  I think he has realised he needs to work hard otherwise he will end up a waster.  He is starting to fill out and is still very young.  For Rovers he is definitely worth a punt and could be the next big thing.  He has very good movement and once he scores a couple of goals he will be away with it and score more.

Conte will probably send him out on loan again this season so if I was a scout I would definitely be onto that ASAP.  He has very good potential which may or may not be fulfilled but is starting to show signs he will.

Thankyou for that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yep true.

Although if what Glen had heard was correct that the only thing left to sort out was a sell on clause, surely he wouldn't be playing today.

Not a slight on Glen, but it looks like it's no where near as close as he was lead to believe.

If they haven't sorted out the sell-on clause then no deal has been agreed.

There's no guarantee they'll come to an agreement over that. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

If they haven't sorted out the sell-on clause then no deal has been agreed.

There's no guarantee they'll come to an agreement over that. 

Well obviously. But surely if that was the only detail to tidy up then he wouldn't be playing today.

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well obviously. But surely if that was the only detail to tidy up then he wouldn't be playing today.

It's a major part of the deal - as we saw with Armstrong (and potentially Brereton), it's worth millions of pounds. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He didn't say from Rovers.

I am not convinced Cantwell was ever likely to go anywhere, if indeed an interest was there. How are you so sure that it was real?

Absolutely. He isn't close to imminently leaving/hasn't got a club deep in talks with us like those other players aren't imminently coming here.

Options for Diaz  and us are narrowing. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62264843

Edited by bigbrandjohn

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Options for Diaz  and us are narrowing. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62264843

I do think its a possible that Ben Brereton Diaz sign a new contract here. They don't see to be many clubs putting bids in. Clubs will have interest in him for sure but are they willing to back it up with a bid. We will see

• Like 1

bowler,brannagan and the lad from liverpool would be great additions,i think van hecke is a hell of longshot,not to bothered about szmodics and i think bowler is better than styles,one last piece of the jigsaw would be a left back,pickering is a fair defender but you can`t have slow full backs in the modern game

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler,brannagan and the lad from liverpool would be great additions,i think van hecke is a hell of longshot,not to bothered about szmodics and i think bowler is better than styles,one last piece of the jigsaw would be a left back,pickering is a fair defender but you can`t have slow full backs in the modern game

I'd sign Styles as a LB. 

Look at how advanced Brittain was today - Styles would be doing the same on the left.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd sign Styles as a LB. 

Look at how advanced Brittain was today - Styles would be doing the same on the left.

if we were truly ambitious we could have both styles and bowler,probably asking to much with this regime,we blackburn rovers cant afford a blackpool player and a barnsley player,it`s a statement of how far we`ve fallen is`nt it

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do think its a possible that Ben Brereton Diaz sign a new contract here. They don't see to be many clubs putting bids in. Clubs will have interest in him for sure but are they willing to back it up with a bid. We will see

No chance. Even if a team doesn't come up with a serious offer in this window, he would be best advised to let his contract run down as he would have lots of suitors on a free plus a sizeable sign on fee to boot.

Szmodics scored 2 today in a friendly v Hull. Not that he would be a player that would be close to top of my list. Bowler would be a real feather in our cap but even if he is realistic, one issue is that we could do with a player capable of playing from the left and/or centre rather than a left footer from the right.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Totally agree with this. I do think that we will miss the pace of Khadra. It worries teams, as did Armstrong’s pace, Josh King etc. I know we are looking to play more “build up play” but having that pace option in behind is a great asset. I think if we can’t get Reda back then we need something similar. I know there are mixed opinions on Khadra but I loved watching him, young lad who needs to learn when to pass and when to do a trick or skin somebody but I would have him back in a heartbeat. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

No chance. Even if a team doesn't come up with a serious offer in this window, he would be best advised to let his contract run down as he would have lots of suitors on a free plus a sizeable sign on fee to boot.

Szmodics scored 2 today in a friendly v Hull. Not that he would be a player that would be close to top of my list. Bowler would be a real feather in our cap but even if he is realistic, one issue is that we could do with a player capable of playing from the left and/or centre rather than a left footer from the right.

That's the point, isn't it. All the cards are in Brereton's hands. We can't afford to pay him the sort of wages that he might get in the future so he is best advised to hang on for another year and see the lay of the land then if there is nothing spectacular coming this year. The one thing to our advantage is that gives him every incentive to give 100% as that way he should maximise the offers that will come in the future.

3 minutes ago, Galz said:

Totally agree with this. I do think that we will miss the pace of Khadra. It worries teams, as did Armstrong’s pace, Josh King etc. I know we are looking to play more “build up play” but having that pace option in behind is a great asset. I think if we can’t get Reda back then we need something similar. I know there are mixed opinions on Khadra but I loved watching him, young lad who needs to learn when to pass and when to do a trick or skin somebody but I would have him back in a heartbeat. 

Dolan and Vale have pace ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's the point, isn't it. All the cards are in Brereton's hands. We can't afford to pay him the sort of wages that he might get in the future so he is best advised to hang on for another year and see the lay of the land then if there is nothing spectacular coming this year. The one thing to our advantage is that gives him every incentive to give 100% as that way he should maximise the offers that will come in the future.

if he is`nt going to sign then hawk him round the clubs,you can`t spend 7 million on a player and then let him go for nothing,it`s shocking business

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Dolan and Vale have pace ?

Dolan has trick but don’t think he has that genuine electric pace. Not seen enough of Vale but seemed a bit similar to Gally pace wise at Celtic. Might be wrong but time will tell. I don’t believe we have that electric pace in the first team squad at the moment. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he is`nt going to sign then hawk him round the clubs,you can`t spend 7 million on a player and then let him go for nothing,it`s shocking business

Which clubs are left ? Supposing he decides he doesn't fancy any of them and will wait a year ? There is nothing we can do.

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd sign Styles as a LB. 

Imagine that…we can only dream! Brittain looked class today…can’t wait to see him next Sat

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

And Markandy

Again I ain’t seen enough of him. Don’t think he touched the ball at Celtic.  You might be right guys. I stand to be corrected if this is the case