BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And another day wears on with no sign of progress

The clock's ticking.....

One or two keep telling us we have £10m to spend Jim, hold your never, players must be coming and decent ones at that!

45 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Sorry just finished them, it'll be about 1030 tomorrow morning before I can get pics

An 11 o'clocker?! 30 mins give or take.

"Sausage rolls...crispy...buttery, slighty underdone on one side, but there's movement. Expect complications given lack of preheating, but should get done".

/50 replies/

Now Nixon is running a Patreon? You'd want to be hard up to pay money for that waffle.

Chaddy - copy-paste it in here will ya?

Edited by Give 'Em the Axe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

One or two keep telling us we have £10m to spend Jim, hold your never, players must be coming and decent ones at that!

Yep around £10m which includes transfer fees, loan fees and signon bonuses as well as any agent fees. 

It's precisely £3.5m more than Mowbray spent in total last summer. So is a balancing act.

6 minutes ago, phili said:

Yep around £10m which includes transfer fees, loan fees and signon bonuses as well as any agent fees. 

It's precisely £3.5m more than Mowbray spent in total last summer. So is a balancing act.

This has been dumbed down somewhat phili with respect, anyone would think the original intention was the fool posters into thinking we actually had a £10m transfer budget, with extras on top, or my mistake maybe.

I'd seriously dispute the Mowbray claim also, we paid less than £1m in transfers fees last summer, we don't pay loan fees for players either, just partial wages and they would be nowhere near £6.5m.

Given Matt Clarke had won three player of the year awards in succession, was obviously out of favour at Brighton and a good age at 25 years old I can't help thinking we've messed up an opportunity to bring in someone who undoubtedly would have improved the side. Especially at that fee. Should've been in for him weeks ago.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gav said:

This has been dumbed down somewhat phili with respect, anyone would think the original intention was the fool posters into thinking we actually had a £10m transfer budget, with extras on top, or my mistake maybe.

I'd seriously dispute the Mowbray claim also, we paid less than £1m in transfers fees last summer, we don't pay loan fees for players either, just partial wages and they would be nowhere near £6.5m.

We do pay loan fees for players and Clarkson was a particularly good deal as we had to pay Liverpool an early termination fee etc as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

Of course there are loan fees a lot of them come as package deals .

Poveda 11 grand a week wage contribution for a whole season even when he was injured and back in Leeds.

Great work by Tony, Mark and the gang that one at least half a million down the pipes.

• Like 1

If Brighton are happy with £2.25m for Clarke, I find it hard to believe they want £7m for Van Hecke. The latter figure has been suggested on here over the past couple of days. It doesn't make much sense, unless they have sensed desperation from Rovers' end.

I would like him to come back, but it seems unlikely.

The £10m figure mentioned above appears to be everything all in. That doesn't sound as promising as it first did to me. We aren't getting a Van Hecke or a standout signing unless a "special request" is made, I feel.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, phili said:

We do pay loan fees for players and Clarkson was a particularly good deal as we had to pay Liverpool an early termination fee etc as well.

Rich Shape recently said we don't, not under Mowbray in recent years, a direct quote from the club.

But this is all immaterial, we need players in and quick, or its a relegation dog fight that we could lose if Saturday is anything to go by.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Rich Shape recently said we don't, not under Mowbray in recent years, a direct quote from the club.

But this is all immaterial, we need players in and quick, or its a relegation dog fight that we could lose if Saturday is anything to go by.

What we have paid in the past doesn't help us at all now. We do need more players and I still think 6 at least are required.

We also need Venky's to approve deals in a few hours instead of weeks and Waggott to increase turnover. I still can't believe they turned down the Bet365 sponsorship this year and went for what they did as the difference is probably the wage of 2 new players..

In all honesty I would like us all to sit down and see the clubs real accounts because I think we'd be shocked what we have been paying for over the last 12 years and the income we've declined.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Sharpe didn't say we don't pay loan fees, he said we don't include clauses in loan contracts that mean we incur fines for not playing the loan player a specified amount of games. 

However, he did say that Poveda's loan contract meant we paid the full amount of his wages even though he was injured. We'd have actually paid less of his wages if he's stayed fit and played. Whoever agreed to that needs firing out of a cannon into the River Darwen. 

• Like 2