BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I obviously understand there will be a fixed fee.

What everyone apart from me and  roverandout are seemingly failing to grasp is that as Leicester want to sign him up to a new contract first, that fee will obviously be set by them at a prohibitive amount.

Leicester are wanting him to sign a new deal as they don't want to get nothing for him next summer.

They believe he is worth what they are asking for, nobody will pay them that now but they believe after a season in the championship us or another club might .

Leicester can easily say to Hurst we ain't letting you out on loan this season if you don't sign a new deal.He will get a pay rise and knows if he impresses here then his move turns full time.

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Jesus Christ. Please stop with the straw men. We agreed a price, we don't have to pay it if after a season we don't think he's worth it. Exactly the same as the Zeefuik deal. 

Zeefuik, although he turned out with the benefit of hindsight to be absolute shite, at least came with a better CV and reputation than Hirst.

Essentially you're endorsing a deal for £5m for someone who has failed already at Championship level.

The point I'm trying to make is, it's not a smart deal. Either he bombs and goes back or we pay top dollar for him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's signing a new contract with Leicester, then coming here on loan....with an option to buy. Leicester are making sure they get top dollar if we buy him. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ergo, if he does sign a new deal, they are then going to (and apparently already have)  demanded top dollar for him.

It's such an obvious point I don't know what's so difficult to understand.

He hasnt shone up to press. From our point of view it should have been cheap gamble now or walk away.

Yeah, it is an obvious point, which is why I made it yesterday. 

So what's your point again? 

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Exactly.  2.5 million would have been a gamble worth taking if he had a good season but 5 million is Premier league money. That's money better spent on more areas of the team

It will be an up to £5m deal, probably £2m plus £3m in performance clauses and a 20% sell on. It won't be £5m all in one go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Double sticker today?

Just on Hirst, Leicester value him at £5 million, that does not mean the pre-agreed fee is £5 million.

We dont know if there is a loan fee, we dont know the wage contribution.

Lets wait for official announcement 

I know we don’t have the financial means to “stockpile” but surely picking a player of styles quality and potential ROI up for £1.5m is too good to ignore. Covers multiple positions too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

... We aren't gambling 5 million ...

Yes we are if we decide to make it permanent.  If it works out rovers will pay it. If it doesn't its just another season wasted when there are strikers out there that could have made a better impact 

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

But the likes of toney were banging in 30 goals a season on more than one occasion. Plus he was their player. Leicester see hirst as surplus to requirements and are using this loan and contract thing to fleece rovers if we decide to pay it. The guy has no goals in the championship.  He's not worth a gamble at 5 million but say we paid 2 million I would have no problem with that if he worked out in his loan

We aren't obliged to pay it. We only pay it if we think he's worth £5m (or whatever).

It really isn't difficult. 

3 minutes ago, phili said:

It will be an up to £5m deal, probably £2m plus £3m in performance clauses and a 20% sell on. It won't be £5m all in one go.

That would be more acceptable.  2 million up front. Then I would be up for that.  

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Zeefuik, although he turned out with the benefit of hindsight to be absolute shite, at least came with a better CV and reputation than Hirst.

Essentially you're endorsing a deal for £5m for someone who has failed already at Championship level.

The point I'm trying to make is, it's not a smart deal. Either he bombs and goes back or we pay top dollar for him.

His actual game time in the Championship - for a team who were relegated - is only equivalent to about 7 games so it is premature to say he has "failed already" at this level.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

FFS.

I can't cope with the insanity any more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I really doesn't matter who the club bring in, there are some on here that see themselves as resident Curmudgeons and will therefore be determined not to give the Newcomer a chance or cast shade upon the deal.

I often wonder if other club's forums are as Bat shit crazy as this one.

Not sure that anyone criticised the acquisitions of either Brittain, Morton or Hyam.

Just some slightly more discerning  people judge each individual situation on it's merits and  don't slavishly applaud every single thing the Club does.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

But the likes of toney were banging in 30 goals a season on more than one occasion. Plus he was their player. Leicester see hirst as surplus to requirements and are using this loan and contract thing to fleece rovers if we decide to pay it. The guy has no goals in the championship.  He's not worth a gamble at 5 million but say we paid 2 million I would have no problem with that if he worked out in his loan

At this age Toney was scoring around 10-15 goals a season in league 1.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

So what exactly is a loan to buy?

It means they give the lad a new contract and stick a valuation on his head. We loan him to try him out and if we agree with their valuation, they accept it in principle, in advance. The lad can then decide if he wants to come.

It's like a release clause with a try before you buy stuck onto the beginning.