BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I take it you haven't seen Eustace's interviews with the media today. Very strong words and feelings about not being interested in what is going on above him, a no-excuses culture when it comes to injuries, suspensions, players that the club doesn't sign, etc., but to just get on with it. Those are his words.

Eustace and Tomasson seem polar opposites in their stance on what a Head Coach is to me.

wait till the venky interference and incompetence from broughton and swag kick in,i guarantee he`ll change his demenor,seems a no nonsense sort of chap who does`nt suffer fools

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He has a different public persona, it doesn’t mean he won’t get frustrated with it behind closed doors.

Depends what he's been promised, if anything at all.

So far, I like what I've seen anyway. It already feels like he's going to have a better connection with the players than his predecessor. Fingers crossed it works out and sees us on the rise.

51 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

absolutely spot on. his bbc lancs interview today bangs this drum. he comes across really well and is quite the startling contrast to what we've had. 

I seem to remember the same sentiments were expressed when JDT first arrived.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I take it you haven't seen Eustace's interviews with the media today. Very strong words and feelings about not being interested in what is going on above him, a no-excuses culture when it comes to injuries, suspensions, players that the club doesn't sign, etc., but to just get on with it. Those are his words.

Eustace and Tomasson seem polar opposites in their stance on what a Head Coach is to me.

Words are wind. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I think that's key here especially with JDT.

He was clearly led to believe that the club wanted to actually achieve something. Within 12 months they had totally reneged on any of that and it was back to what we know is business as usual. 

The real question is, if he'd asked to leave in the summer for nothing then what was the point of keeping him on?

I found his public displays of frustration quite refreshing and thank him for shining a light on those that want to remain in the shadows.

Our poor form started to really kick in when the already weakened squad was depleted by injuries. He could certainly have been more pragmatic, he was last season after all, but it's clear to see that he'd had enough of the constant lies and bullshit from the likes of suhail and maggot. I especially liked how he just ripped into maggot about the bus on numerous occasions.

He always showed the fans respect, he's the only person at the club who's done that in 13 years and for that I will be forever grateful. 

Amen. 

Top post. 

• Like 2

If anyone hasn't yet seen this I would recommend. From before JDTs departure. 

GBs interview alongside the head of academy is fascinating. Undertones of "when JDT leaves" the new coach has to work under this framework of football we have set up.

• Like 1

Time to move on, JDT gone, now there's a new coach with new ideas, new energy and a new start.

If there is any logic to the process the fools in Pune, the secretive stooges at Ewood and the bizarre braniacs in charge at the club, then let's be having it. Let's see what the plan is. Let's give it some air.

But I'm not holding my breath that there is a new broom or that anything has really changed.

I think we will be back to a disillusioned and desperate coach sniping at the shadows in press conferences well before the end of this season and the start of the next.

And, for the record, I'm happy to be proven wrong, for the fans' sake.

F-WAGGOTT OUT!

SHADY-SUHAIL OUT!

LUNESINPUNE (VENKY-RAO-DESAI) OUT! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

GBs interview alongside the head of academy is fascinating. Undertones of "when JDT leaves" the new coach has to work under this framework of football we have set up.

Well we’ll soon find out about this ‘framework’ Eustsce supposedly has to work to.

Maybe the club should start getting its priorities right and realise this is a professional Championship football club with an academy.

Not an academy with a first team that gets to play in a pro league.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Well we’ll soon find out about this ‘framework’ Eustsce supposedly has to work to.

Maybe the club should start getting its priorities right and realise this is a professional Championship football club with an academy.

Haha presume you watched the documentary and got that sense from the Egg too. 

It's a long road ahead. 

The club has it's priorities which involves developing youth through the academy, giving them game time and selling them on. 

Survival in the championship is the way to manage the cat 1 status so that's what they will go for.

58 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Will be interesting to see if this happens.

Obviously, Rovers will always use the academy (at least until Venkys mess us about so much that we can no longer run it).  It is the one real strength that the club have compared to most at this level.

In the short term, I can definitely see Eustace going more direct, but I do feel that if/when safety is achieved, and in the medium long term, the old plans will come out of the locker.

I do not mean that Eustace will start playing kamikaze stuff, just that first and foremost Rovers will, try to play out from the back, possession,  and building attacks slowly (just hopefully they will now have a plan be of going more direct when it is called for)

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Haha presume you watched the documentary and got that sense from the Egg too. 

It's a long road ahead. 

The club has it's priorities which involves developing youth through the academy, giving them game time and selling them on. 

Survival in the championship is the way to manage the cat 1 status so that's what they will go for.

And that’s all fine and dandy but having your third paragraph as the club’s priority in no way guarantees the fourth will even happen.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s all fine and dandy but having your third paragraph as the club’s priority in no way guarantees the fourth will even happen.

Oh definitely mate. It's a shit show. They haven't got the same priorities as us fans sadly. We have to put up with the dross of the inevitable secretarial issues in transfer windows because they won't buy players to help the club but the will sell our youth 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Academy is literally the only reason we still have a football club.

The graduates have plastered over 13+ years of horrendous recruitment.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Academy is literally the only reason we still have a football club.

The graduates have plastered over 13+ years of horrendous recruitment.

They have and it can't continue if we want to stay as a Championship level football club.

• Like 2

Erm I cannot believe what I’m reading in the press, after our summer transfer failings with administrative errors preventing transfers is the club having an absolute giraffe putting it out there that we failed to land another signing because of another administrative error???I’ve never heard the likes of it in my life. 
There was no way JDT was seeing this week out let alone this season. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I think that's key here especially with JDT.

He was clearly led to believe that the club wanted to actually achieve something. Within 12 months they had totally reneged on any of that and it was back to what we know is business as usual. 

The real question is, if he'd asked to leave in the summer for nothing then what was the point of keeping him on?

I found his public displays of frustration quite refreshing and thank him for shining a light on those that want to remain in the shadows.

Our poor form started to really kick in when the already weakened squad was depleted by injuries. He could certainly have been more pragmatic, he was last season after all, but it's clear to see that he'd had enough of the constant lies and bullshit from the likes of suhail and maggot. I especially liked how he just ripped into maggot about the bus on numerous occasions.

He always showed the fans respect, he's the only person at the club who's done that in 13 years and for that I will be forever grateful. 

Great post, couldn’t agree more.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Time to move on, JDT gone, now there's a new coach with new ideas, new energy and a new start.

If there is any logic to the process the fools in Pune, the secretive stooges at Ewood and the bizarre braniacs in charge at the club, then let's be having it. Let's see what the plan is. Let's give it some air.

But I'm not holding my breath that there is a new broom or that anything has really changed.

I think we will be back to a disillusioned and desperate coach sniping at the shadows in press conferences well before the end of this season and the start of the next.

And, for the record, I'm happy to be proven wrong, for the fans' sake.

F-WAGGOTT OUT!

SHADY-SUHAIL OUT!

LUNESINPUNE (VENKY-RAO-DESAI) OUT! 

After the disastrous end to the window, Swag, Sylvester and Broughton are still in post. How on earth is that possible in anything but a totally dysfunctional business 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4