BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

4 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Luton…..ruthless, brave , combative all the way across the park, uncompromising, utterly focussed, hell bent on a positive outcome..what ever it took .

Rovers…..if only we had some of this ..

And how long has it taken them?

Not 11 years of a jam tomorrow journey, that's for sure.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Luton…..ruthless, brave , combative all the way across the park, uncompromising, utterly focussed, hell bent on a positive outcome..what ever it took .

Rovers…..if only we had some of this ..

10/10. Every player, however limited in ability they were,  - gave 110% to win that tie. One day, if I live long enough, I’ll be able to say that about a Rovers team.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

10/10. Every player, however limited in ability they were,  - gave 110% to win that tie. One day, if I live long enough, I’ll be able to say that about a Rovers team.

Another Rovers team - I’m sure you can say that about a Rovers team from the past…

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Terrific Luton performance.

That's how you get out of the Championship.

Huge lessons for JDT.

Note to the 'happy clappers' - our team really does need a couple of 'scumbags'.

Who would have thought that having a balanced team that has been continually developed over several seasons, with two excellent goalscorers gets you to a play off final.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Luton were in non league when Venkys took us over as a Prem team. Now they are quite a bit better than us.

And they can't employ people like Waggott to blame that on cash, fanbases or FFP rules, all of which even after their havoc we still have an advantage over Luton on... for now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats a big condition though, they were already 11 points ahead and we are the ones that have lost our main goalscorer.

That's terrifying when you think about it. We've just lost our only prolific goalscorer and even with him we struggled. As it stands we're looking at a massive downgrade on league position this time next year, with our only hope being a recruitment team that couldn't even get a couple of loans done in January, with buttons to spend, and a CEO who seemingly couldn't care less.

Ffs, what a reality check.

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

Just now, booth said:

That's terrifying when you think about it. We've just lost our only prolific goalscorer and even with him we struggled. As it stands we're looking at a massive downgrade on league position next year this time, with our only hope being a recruitment team that couldn't even get a couple of loans done in January, with buttons to spend, and a CEO who seemingly couldn't care less.

Ffs, what a reality check.

Also seemingly content to sell our best keeper and downgrade there!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats a big condition though, they were already 11 points ahead and we are the ones that have lost our main goalscorer.

We've just lost our inconsistent goal scorer that unbalanced the side. 

I'm simply not willing to be dragged down into the negative morass you find yourself in until Broughton and JDT prove otherwise this summer. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We've just lost our inconsistent goal scorer that unbalanced the side. 

I'm simply not willing to be dragged down into the negative morass you find yourself in until Broughton and JDT prove otherwise this summer. 

Inconsistent goalscorer who still got double anyone else, the supporting cast didnt step up this or last season.

My "negativity" stems from the owners who continue to hinder us. Happy with Tomasson, Broughton has it to prove but not the main issue again. Neither is Waggott for all of his flaws. My initial point was highlighting the alternating fortunes between us and Luton over the last 12 years. Unsure how it has got on to me being negative about the current structure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Good to see Mowbray out. His Team only turned up for one half of the tie. Standard. Time to retire. Loser.

Sounds like he's lost his job, so part-way there. No idea if there's any truth in it but their fans seem convinced.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, booth said:

Sounds like he's lost his job, so part-way there. No idea if there's any truth in it but their fans seem convinced.

Shame, I want to see him get at least one full season in. 

Looks like the death spiral started half way through the playoffs this year. 

Not particularly surprising that one of Mowbray's teams crumbled under pressure. 

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're slightly better than us. Give us a decent CF and I'd back us to beat them.

In terms of organisation, effort, fitness, will to win, physicality, having a cohesive way of playing even if it isn’t pure football - they’re miles ahead. We couldn’t have lived with them last night, just like Sunderland couldn’t. If you can’t see that you’re fooling yourself.

• Like 1