BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022-2023 Fixtures

• Backroom
5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Think those fixtures couldnt of come out any better to be honest. Plenty of early games which you'd think we should consider as very winnable fixtures.

A good start, to get that momentum going.

So sorry, but I'm going to have to sprinkle some misery on that optimism of yours:

1. QPR=            No problem, good record 

2. Swansea=     Won 2 out of 10 in league    

3. West Brom=  Won 1 in 8

4. Reading=      Won 1 in 7 away

5. Sheff Utd=    Won 1 in 7 away

6. Stoke=          Won ZERO in 7 home matches

Now, I've obviously cherry picked the home/away records to maximise my glumness....but I make that 5 wins in 39... a 13% win ratio. (just the 5 matches)

I'm terrified of that start to the season. And I'm a big believer in how we start shapes the whole season, we've never been a team with bouncebackability. 

If we get through that opening 6 with even a modest haul of points keeping us hovering around mid-table, I'll be absolutely delighted, and will start thinking we can win the league!! 

P.S. I think I'm right that all 6 of those teams has been in the Premier League in the last decade. 

22 minutes ago, Silas said:

So sorry, but I'm going to have to sprinkle some misery on that optimism of yours:

1. QPR=            No problem, good record 

2. Swansea=     Won 2 out of 10 in league    

3. West Brom=  Won 1 in 8

4. Reading=      Won 1 in 7 away

5. Sheff Utd=    Won 1 in 7 away

6. Stoke=          Won ZERO in 7 home matches

Now, I've obviously cherry picked the home/away records to maximise my glumness....but I make that 5 wins in 39... a 13% win ratio. (just the 5 matches)

I'm terrified of that start to the season. And I'm a big believer in how we start shapes the whole season, we've never been a team with bouncebackability. 

If we get through that opening 6 with even a modest haul of points keeping us hovering around mid-table, I'll be absolutely delighted, and will start thinking we can win the league!! 

P.S. I think I'm right that all 6 of those teams has been in the Premier League in the last decade. 

Forget history, look to the future. 12 points from those six games.

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Initially thought Blackpool away in August, real do!  Then realised its a Wednesday FFS

Sunderland away boxing day is a real treat though 🥳

I remember Sunderland playing us at Ewood on Boxing Day late seventies and bringing 10,000. Young fans, titter ye not. 🤭

In my opinion,  Sunderland are a massive club. They'll have 45,000+ attendance that day.  Or would we rather have Reading or Bristol Ciry at home?

Should be a great fixture and time to hook up with friends or family up there.

Just don't  mention Hull City and Boxing Day again.  I'm still out pocket from our longest ever McDonald's trip. 😒😁

Edited by Tabula Rasa
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Be midnight before leaving car park at Blackpool.  They operate poor car park management and the long road in doesn't help.

Unless you have a disability that means you can't walk distances, park on-street nearer South Shore. You lose no time that way.

Though last year it was raining constantly and we ended up soaked through to our underpants.  Hopefully not in August though.  😏

Edited by Tabula Rasa

• Backroom
3 hours ago, rigger said:

Forget history, look to the future. 12 points from those six games.

Wish I could.

But you're right, this new setup does feel like a breath of fresh air, so hopefully we've turned a corner.

Onwards and upwards. 🤞

(P.S. No chance we get 12pts from those games. I'd put my house on it. Par would be 9)

• 4 weeks later...

Ticketing details have been announced for our first away match at Swansea on August 6th. Adult prices are £32.50 and travelling on the Rovers official coaches will cost another £39.50. So that's £72 before anything to eat or drink is factored in. I assume this will be available on iPlayer for £10 and who can blame anybody for taking this option. Interestingly Rovers have announced four qualifying phases for ticket sales for a game which we won't come anywhere near to selling out.