BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022-2023 Fixtures

• Moderation Lead

I hope the Burnley game on 12th is November is going to be moved, as it just means my Mum isn’t having a birthday this year otherwise and that would be a shame for her….

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I hope the Burnley game on 12th is November is going to be moved, as it just means my Mum isn’t having a birthday this year otherwise and that would be a shame for her….

It’ll be Sunday 12pm, Sky or no Sky you’d think?

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

as usual a silly fixture on boxing day we are away at Sunderland and wigan away at middlesborough why, surely for supporters travel it would have made sense to have us at wigan and sunderland at middlesborugh

The days of local games at Christmas and New Year have long gone. No public transport? Tough!

Case in point, nice easy trip for Cardiff fans on NYD!

August looks imbalanced with six games but only two at home. Having said that two are a fair distance (Swansea and Reading) and it's better to do these in Summer rather than the depths of mid Winter. I suppose we'll have to wait until Sky get their grubby prints on them before making plans.

The reality of a new season starts today 😄😄.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’ll be Sunday 12pm, Sky or no Sky you’d think?

Most likely, they do tend to be! 
Mate in a Rovers group chat reckons our league meeting in 2015 where Lawrence missed that sitter was on a Saturday though? (Not bothered to check like….)

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Mate in a Rovers group chat reckons our league meeting in 2015 where Lawrence missed that sitter was on a Saturday though? (Not bothered to check like….)

It was , I was workingthat day , saw from 1pm on SKY

The unique break with the World Cup has thrown up a cracking final and return fixtures in Burnley away and Preston home.

Tough looking Easter period with Norwich (h) and Huddersfield (a) Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Blackpool (a) during the summer holidays (31st August) will make it an even more popular away day.

Sunderland on Boxing Day for the first time since 2008, when Jason Roberts missed a glorious chance to steal all three points.

In the corresponding fixtures last year (against the opening eight teams)

QPR (h) won, Swansea (a) lost, WBA (h) lost, Reading (a) lost, Sheff Utd (a) lost, Stoke (h) lost, Blackpool (a) lost, Bristol City (h) lost.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Both games in the 2015-16 season were on Saturday lunchtime on Sky, so it is possible it stays on the Saturday.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

7 games in before the transfer window closes, we need to get the vast majority of our business done before the season rather than the end of the window.

Blackpool away being midweek is a bit shit.

Be midnight before leaving car park at Blackpool.  They operate poor car park management and the long road in doesn't help.

Bit of a shit schedule for me personally. Few of the grounds not been to or particularly like to go to are either midweek or clash with something else.

The Boxing Day fixture is ludicrous especially considering Wigan are in the north east as well. I’m sure all 4 sets of supporters would prefer a local fixture.

But from the clubs perspective I think it’s better avoiding newly promoted teams early on as they’re on a bounce and newly relegated teams as usually have superior players lingering on. Plus at home first up. 

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Mate, that's a really poor do. You should be getting her a ticket for the game as well. It is her birthday after all. 

• Like 2