BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Subscribers - Competitions & Rewards

On 25/08/2022 at 12:30, J*B said:

Subscribers! 

After giving away tickets to the Hartlepool match, we’re now giving away a Terrace mug to one very lucky subscriber!

LIKE this message by 29th September to be entered into a raffle to win a mug. Easy. 

Subscribers only. UK delivery only - unless you’re paying delivery!

Not a subscriber? Subscribe here: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/premium

81E27CAB-C83B-43A7-BE2C-80E2CCA4B148.jpeg

2B7D840E-F8B6-40AC-9BC4-0521FFB56961.jpeg

4424112E-5564-4187-BD68-A146D6CBCD43.jpeg

Winners! 

Congrats:

@K-Hod

@JohnD

@oldjamfan1

@Sparks Rover

Send me a DM with your name, address and preferred Mug. 

And special congrats to @Oldgregg86 who actually came out the number generator as a winner - but doesn’t subscribe. Good try, you very very nearly got one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, sometimes a few slip the net and need banning manually. Thanks for this. 

Bet365 showed up a few minutes later if that's any use. Personally I don't mind the gambling ones, alcohol, vape, whatever. It could advertise the dark web to me if it wanted, whatever shows up isn't getting clicked (intentionally anyway) or imprinting on me. But I get the principle of the stance.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Winners! 

Congrats:

@K-Hod

@JohnD

@oldjamfan1

@Sparks Rover

Send me a DM with your name, address and preferred Mug. 

And special congrats to @Oldgregg86 who actually came out the number generator as a winner - but doesn’t subscribe. Good try, you very very nearly got one. 

Sorry I didn’t read it proper 🥴

• J*B pinned this topic
On 15/07/2022 at 08:10, Herbie6590 said:

As valued users of the site, we want to keep you appraised of some planned enhancements at BRFCS and share with you all the context and rationale for what is proposed…

Subscribe Now: https://www.brfcs.com/subscriptions/

New Development... BRFCS Ad Free

Throughout 2022 we have sought to optimise our advertising revenue to provide greater confidence that our income will continue to cover our running costs. BRFCS handicaps itself to a degree however, because we refuse to accept advertising for gambling, adult, alcohol and tobacco. 

The challenge we face therefore, is to earn as much as we can from what remains. This has meant that ad positioning and frequency are elements over which we have diminished direct control.

Following these changes, we have had a reasonable amount of feedback from some users, who have commented that the ads are becoming increasingly intrusive and that this is impacting adversely upon the user experience - especially on mobile devices.

With that in mind therefore we have introduced an *option* to subscribe to an ad-free* experience.

*It's important to clarify that the sponsor mentions on the magazine and forum threads will remain; as noted above, sponsorship income is a vital component of our overall revenue streams. 

All other non-sponsor ads are removed as part of this package.

What does that mean for current users ? 

It can mean absolutely nothing. If you are not interested in an ad-free experience, just carry on using the site as you were - nothing will change for you.

However, if you wish to benefit from an ad-free experience*, then by subscribing, you will remove the (non-sponsor) advertising from the site on whatever device you use - please note, you have to be logged in to remove the ads.

How much is this going to cost ? 

In our own tribute to Steve Waggott, we will offer an early-bird discount to allow users the opportunity to trial the option at a discounted rate.

The initial subscription plan will therefore cost £1.99 for one trial month, reverting to £3.99 per month thereafter. 

Monthly subscriptions can be cancelled at any point should circumstances change for whatever reason.

Platinum membership of £39.99 for a full year will also be offered. 

This can also be cancelled before the ANNUAL renewal date. 

As an aside - if you are canny enough to take the £1.99 initial offer; cancel after one payment, then renew for 12 months - this brings the effective monthly charge down to £3.23 for a period of 13 months #NorthernThrift 😉

In a spirit of transparency, we have no idea how many people will be attracted by this offer and equally, we can only guess at the impact it will have on our overall revenue, but clearly, if the subscription revenue received proves to be consistently less than the advertising revenue lost, we will have to put our thinking caps on and come up with another plan.

What if all this is a raging success…presumably the site owners be able to continue to operate BRFCS albeit now as tax exiles based in Monaco ? 

Well quite…the spirit of BRFCS always has been "by the fans, for the fans" - it has never been operated as a hard-nosed, capitalist venture. This philosophy will not change. The free option (served with advertisements) will remain. 

This is simply our attempt to offer a service that many have indicated they would welcome but without threatening overall viability of the site.

How does BRFCS incur running costs? 

The site has overheads, principally these relate to IT costs; although as we add new features, these are increasingly including additional subscription fees for services, as many more providers are moving towards that kind of a pricing model. 
For instance, even Google is now charging for its basic business suite of email addresses and shared storage.

As the site is owned and operated via a limited company, there are also fees associated with running a company, including statutory Companies House returns, accountant's fees, bank/payments charges and so on.

How is BRFCS funded? 

Historically, the site was funded purely from Google ad revenue, but the returns were a bit thin and somewhat unpredictable. Consequently, different options have been pursued to provide a more stable income and eliminate over-reliance on Google. 

These include sponsorship of different aspects of the site - it was this type of funding that enabled the site revamp last year for instance, when BRFCS evolved from being purely a forum, into the comprehensive package of features you see today; including the magazine elements, the 4000 Holes archive, podcast hosting and of course the excellent Match Centre feature.

Anything else you wish to share with us? 

Well...just to summarise - the purpose of sharing this background is to provide the context as to why/how we aim to address legitimate concerns raised by users; the purpose of sharing the rationale of our approach with you all, is to be transparent as to our thinking.

Essentially, the owners and contributors provide (considerable amounts of) their time & expertise for free because they enjoy doing it. When the pleasure is no longer there, then we will no doubt look to pass on the mantle. 

For the avoidance of doubt...we are ALL currently enjoying it !

Many thanks for your time and for visiting BRFCS.com...the best Rovers site out there, since 1996 [citation needed] 😉

The BRFCS Team

More Info: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/premium

I'm convinced that I was born with a collecting gene. As a kid 60-odd years ago now it was train numbers, stamps and football programmes. However, in much more recent times and, as a result of having to move into semi-sheltered accommodation, I've had to pass most of my collection of Rovers' programmes to a fellow season ticket-holder who also collects to give them a good home.

However, once a collector, always a collector; and now that postcards have gone out of style as a souvenir, I've turned to mugs as a reminder of places I've visited. Plus - of course - several Rovers-related mugs.

What I wondered was whether any of the mugs in the photo associated with the article above are still on sale; and if so, where?

7 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

I'm convinced that I was born with a collecting gene. As a kid 60-odd years ago now it was train numbers, stamps and football programmes. However, in much more recent times and, as a result of having to move into semi-sheltered accommodation, I've had to pass most of my collection of Rovers' programmes to a fellow season ticket-holder who also collects to give them a good home.

However, once a collector, always a collector; and now that postcards have gone out of style as a souvenir, I've turned to mugs as a reminder of places I've visited. Plus - of course - several Rovers-related mugs.

What I wondered was whether any of the mugs in the photo associated with the article above are still on sale; and if so, where?

The main site sponsor…👍🏻

https://theterracestore.com/search?q=blackburn rovers

Enter BRFCS at checkout 😉

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Subscriber Benefits & Competitions

SUBSCRIBER-ONLY COMPETITION

Right - here we go…we are giving away one of the Ribero Rovers 60’s Retro shirts to one lucky subscriber..! 😎

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/retro-60s-rovers-shirts-pre-order-now-!/294

To be in with a chance of winning a shirt, simply do the following :-

1.LIKE THIS POST & then SEND ME A PM on here telling me who is this Rovers player wearing the classic design in the photograph in this post, plus

2. Confirm what size of shirt you require and

3. Tell us what address you would like it posting to, should you be the lucky winner..! 

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY PM TO ME ON BRFCS

BY MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY 26th.

All those who answer correctly will be entered into a draw & the winner will be announced on here on Tuesday 27th September.

Good Luck & thanks once again for your support. 😀💙🤍

DF492DA6-C5E7-4B09-B778-279456EEA35E.jpeg

• Like 5

If I get it, do I get my money back?

Only joking & tbf I haven't got a F*cking clue. Well before my time I'm afraid. 

@Tyrone Shoelaces will definitely know & will probably know the date & time the photo was taken & the next home game after it with results, scorers & attendance! I've never known anyone with such a recollection, first hand, of anthing Rovers related - Sir  I salute you!

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

@Tyrone Shoelaces will definitely know & will probably know the date & time the photo was taken & the next home game after it with results, scorers & attendance! I've never known anyone with such a recollection, first hand, of anthing Rovers related - Sir  I salute you!

Anyone who follows us on Twitter may recall there being a “controversy” about this photo. A nostalgia account posted it as one Rovers player but in reality it was a totally different one & they were corrected by a knowledgeable Rovers fan.

CLUE: The player incorrectly captioned by the nostalgia account & the correct answer shared the same first name…😉

• Like 1

I think I know the player in the photo but the number on the shorts is fooling me. I think it should be number 11 if the player is who I think he is.

I’ll let somebody else win the free shirt. I stopped wearing replica shirts when it became obvious that I was no longer a player of any standing.

That shirt is probably my favourite shirt of all. It’s a beauty. They did a warm weather short sleeved version as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Thanks but you should also salute my collection of Rovers related books.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

If it makes you feel any better I’ve no idea who it is either!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I know the player in the photo but the number on the shorts is fooling me. I think it should be number 11 if the player is who I think he is.

I’ll let somebody else win the free shirt. I stopped wearing replica shirts when it became obvious that I was no longer a player of any standing.

That shirt is probably my favourite shirt of all. It’s a beauty. They did a warm weather short sleeved version as well.

That might be in our Spring Collection 😉

ANOTHER CLUE: 

The player’s surname is what we supporters look for every week…😉

Just make sure you like the competition post & of course that you are a subscriber in order to enter…

Subscription starts at at just £1.99 for a trial month…

https://www.brfcs.com/subscriptions/2/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

ANOTHER CLUE: 

The player’s surname is what we supporters look for every week…😉

Just make sure you like the competition post & of course that you are a subscriber in order to enter…

Subscription starts at at just £1.99 for a trial month…

https://www.brfcs.com/subscriptions/2/

It’s Mr Passion? Mr Commitment? Mr 30-yard Screamer?

• Like 2