BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

55 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Most whispers/conversations anyone on here claims to have with people from within the club, myself included, suggest that Waggott wants those in the riverside to move over to the JW. It looks better on tv to have a full JW.

Me personally, I'd look into N01/N02 to be a'singing' and standing section, similar to Huddersfield. They generate a great atmosphere from that stand to the right of the away fans. I know people won't like to leave seats they've had for ages, and would need fair compensation, but our atmosphere at Ewood is poor. 2 Burnley supporting friends of mine I played golf with last night both said they couldn't believe how loud the Blackburn end was for their game, (came about because at Burnley the 'home end' is really poor atmosphere wise and they said it was good to see an opposing end with an atmosphere) and we need to be trying to generate that kind of support with the fans we do attract. 

I'd also shut the two blocks closest to the away fans in the Riverside and the closest block of the JW (until demand means we have to re open). Again, I understand the opposition to this move. We average 14k at home this season, including away fans. The 11-12k home fans we get on a Saturday should be concentrated in order to generate an atmosphere. Not spread out across a 31k seater stadium that is simply too big for us now.

Totally agree, when the Blackburn end is filled and in voice it’s brilliant, both ends of the Blackburn end stand so I don’t see why no1 and no2 can’t be made dedicated singing sections, too many in bbe are more suited to jw or riverside, need to get those at the other end of the bbe in with the no1/no2 if possible. 

yes agree again end blocks of the riverside (darwen end side) and jw need sectioning off, I also don’t understand why there is a small group of lads in that jw corner with a drum that could be getting bbe going ? It’s embarrassing too and it’s having no positive effect either, a singing/standing section with flags etc needs to be brought in and pushed across by fans 

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Rather not have an empty stand completely but one day I hope to see it replaced with a 2.5k new stand matching the other three 

A 2500 capacity Riverside would look absolutely stupid sat opposite the other stands. It looks small and lop-sided as it is and that's with a 4500+ capacity. 

Just now, JHRover said:

A 2500 capacity Riverside would look absolutely stupid sat opposite the other stands. It looks small and lop-sided as it is and that's with a 4500+ capacity. 

Should be built on like Preston's

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I was talking on Monday to 3 guys who sit near me in the JWU; all 3 have renewed already.

A chap who bought a half season ticket with his son has done the same.

All anecdotal of course though as you say, and the proof will be in the pudding.

My guess is that we'll see similar numbers to this season.

There's been a rise in attendances this season caused by us being at or near the top for most of it----at least it seems that way, I haven't looked at the stats.

And there's been a great following away all season so I'd have thought we'd a great chance to increase season ticket sales.

If we don't, it'll be the pricing.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Totally agree, when the Blackburn end is filled and in voice it’s brilliant, both ends of the Blackburn end stand so I don’t see why no1 and no2 can’t be made dedicated singing sections, too many in bbe are more suited to jw or riverside, need to get those at the other end of the bbe in with the no1/no2 if possible. 

yes agree again end blocks of the riverside (darwen end side) and jw need sectioning off, I also don’t understand why there is a small group of lads in that jw corner with a drum that could be getting bbe going ? It’s embarrassing too and it’s having no positive effect either, a singing/standing section with flags etc needs to be brought in and pushed across by fans 

They don't want to sit in the BBE, they prefer the JW

2 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

It would be better in the  middle at the back of the BBE so it spreads around the whole stand.

The other night at times there are 2 or 3 chants going on in the same end so you get get a rumble of noise then it stops or it sweeps from one end to the other and isn't as loud.

The middle is where it's at in a stadium like ours that's how it was pre seating all the boisterous gathered in the middle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Why not open the top tier of the BBE and make it the 'singing section'...those that want to stand and be boisterous then bother no one.

Because, we cannot fill the ground with the upper tier closed. It would be even more spread out if it was opened. We have to sell more season tickets, to create a better atmosphere.

It's been great seeing the riverside with some life in it and 15/16k home fans in Ewood over the last month its felt alive again.

Why those clowns in suits wouldn't want it a bit more like that all season is very odd, they know it can be done.

• Like 1

Yep that extra 4,000 or so makes a big difference at Ewood.

The BEnd lower sells out and the JW suddenly looks very busy, and as you say you even get a decent crowd in the Riverside too at those numbers.

But nah let’s keep plodding along as we are, Swag.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not really look at deepdale and wba ? The roofs meet and you can add upstairs boxes, facilities etc above the seating 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

It would be better in the  middle at the back of the BBE so it spreads around the whole stand.

The other night at times there are 2 or 3 chants going on in the same end so you get get a rumble of noise then it stops or it sweeps from one end to the other and isn't as loud.

The middle is where it's at in a stadium like ours that's how it was pre seating all the boisterous gathered in the middle.

Instead in the middle it’s filled with prawn sandwich of anything, in fact the bbe loser should be safe standing entirely