BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Remaining fixtures - Predictions

The only games that I wouldn't be confident in are the dingles and away at Millwall. The rest we should be embracing and being confident of winning.

Some juicy looking games coming up elsewhere this weekend and next - Luton's next 3 are away at Sunderland, home v Watford and away at Millwall

Millwall are at West Brom next weekend and then host Luton, also host Preston soon

Norwich are at Stoke, then host Sheff Utd before coming to Ewood. Also at Middlesbrough soon.

I'm quite looking forward to 2.5 weeks of no league action to take a breather and let the others scrap it out and then hopefully we can deal with Birmingham.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Is there any update as to when the likes of Dack and Ayala are back? Experience in the run in will be crucial IMO.

Picking whichever players fit best into the system, we choose to play, will be crucial.

Edited by rigger

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only games that I wouldn't be confident in are the dingles and away at Millwall. The rest we should be embracing and being confident of winning.

Some juicy looking games coming up elsewhere this weekend and next - Luton's next 3 are away at Sunderland, home v Watford and away at Millwall

Millwall are at West Brom next weekend and then host Luton, also host Preston soon

Norwich are at Stoke, then host Sheff Utd before coming to Ewood. Also at Middlesbrough soon.

I'm quite looking forward to 2.5 weeks of no league action to take a breather and let the others scrap it out and then hopefully we can deal with Birmingham.

100% - and how sweet will that fortnight be if we knew we already had 1 trip to Wembley in the bank!

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Is there any update as to when the likes of Dack and Ayala are back? Experience in the run in will be crucial IMO.

Dack post international break at best. Not heard on Ayala

14 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Copied from the "Championship - 22-23 thread" where I posted it in error.

My Predictions for us were:

Stoke City (A) D

Reading (H) W

Birmingham City (A) D

Norwich City (H) W

Huddersfield Town (A) W

Hull City (H) W

Coventry City (H) D

P. N.E. (A) L

YOU-KNOW-WHO (H) D

Luton Town (H) W

Millwall (A) D

We're - obviously - already two points down on where I hoped we'd be. Coincidentally, Luton Town, who I must subconsciously hate, have already got 4 points more than I tipped (wanted?!) them to have. And Millwall have 2 points more than I tipped

Quoted for @R0verb0y - if you click the three squares at the top right of the posts you don’t want on the Championship thread you can pick the ‘hide’ option there

hope that helps…

28 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Quoted for @R0verb0y - if you click the three squares at the top right of the posts you don’t want on the Championship thread you can pick the ‘hide’ option there

hope that helps…

Almost certainly, @wilsdenrover.

I can't say more than that because I'm a 76-year-old whose wife & he decided not to have a family partly because any child might have inherited my disability.

Which was probably a sensible decision; but means I don't now have a smart-arsed grandson to raise his eyebrows to the skies whenever I encounter a - too complicated a computer-related problem for me to solve - but which would doubtless be  easy-peasy for him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Almost certainly, @wilsdenrover.

I can't say more than that because I'm a 76-year-old whose wife & he decided not to have a family partly because any child might have inherited my disability.

Which was probably a sensible decision; but means I don't now have a smart-arsed grandson to raise his eyebrows to the skies whenever I encounter a - too complicated a computer-related problem for me to solve - but which would doubtless be  easy-peasy for him.

I have a smart arse grandson who's a Manure fan, despite 2 previous generations on both sides who support Rovers 🤦‍♂️

I'm already 2 for 2 with how I thought the games were going to go  here's my predictions 

Stoke (A) = Loss

Reading (H) = Win

B'ham (A) = Draw

Norwich (H) = Win

H'field (A) = Loss

Hull (H) = Win

Coventry (H) = Win

Nobbers (A) = Loss

Dingles (H) = Draw

Luton (H) = Win

Millwall (A) = Draw

Looking back to last year we were 6th but by the Final Table we'd fallen short and Notts Forest joined the 4 playoff teams. In Mar-22 & the Final Table the three teams with highest GD ended up in Premiership. 

2021-22           2021-22      
  Mar-22     Final Table
  Team P GD Pts     Team P GD Pts
1 Fulham 37 58 77   1 Fulham (P) 46 63 90
2 Bournemouth 36 28 69   2 Bournemouth (P) 46 35 88

3 Luton 38 14 63   3 Huddersfield (Q) 46 17 82
4 Huddersfield 39 8 63   4 Nottm Forest (P) 46 33 80
5 Sheff Utd 38 12 61   5 Sheff Utd (Q 46 18 75
6 Blackburn 39 10 61   6 Luton Town (Q) 46 8 75

7 Middlesbrough 37 8 59            
8 QPR 38 6 59            
9 Nottm Forest 36 18 58            
10 Millwall 38 3 57            

2022-23            
  TODAY      
  Team P GD Pts            
1 Burnley 37 45 83            
2 Sheff Utd 37 25 70            

3 Middlesbrough 38 27 67            
4 Luton 38 11 64            
5 Blackburn 37 1 61            
6 Millwall 38 8 60            

7 Norwich 38 11 57            
8 Coventry 38 10 57            
9 West Brom 37 8 55            
10 Watford 38 5 55            

A team with a good run-in forcing their way into the play-offs invariably does better in the lottery than one which has just missed out on automatic.

Boro could end up in both categories this season!

I should be solely focused on the Rovers but got a sneaking wish for Sheffield United to blow-up and miss out on automatic promotion for genuine points not collected rather than a points deduction.

B'ham (A) = D

Norwich (H) = D

H'field (A) = L

Hull (H) = W

Coventry (H) = W

Nobbers (A) = L

Dingles (H) = L

Luton (H) = W

Millwall (A) = L

71 Points

Think we're a bit soft mentally, unless we bounce back strongly on Saturday I fear it could fizzle out for us.

8 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

B'ham (A) = D

Norwich (H) = D

H'field (A) = L

Hull (H) = W

Coventry (H) = W

Nobbers (A) = L

Dingles (H) = L

Luton (H) = W

Millwall (A) = L

71 Points

Think we're a bit soft mentally, unless we bounce back strongly on Saturday I fear it could fizzle out for us.

Two huge differences this year; firstly, no death spiral Mowbray. Secondly, we had no goalscorer for the second half of last season, but this time round it looks like Ben is fit and has got his Diaz back.

I'm quietly confident.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Did the prediction thing in the LT which is actually from the Mirror. 

The advantage/disadvantage of the game is you don't see the league positions until all the games are predicted. 

In my guesses Rovers finished 4th 4 points behind Boro and 6 points ahead of Coventry and Norwich tied 7th. Luton 5th Millwall 6th so the Gregg Broughton Derby in the play offs.

Dingles get the new points record and Sheffield United comfortably make 2nd.

The one surprise was Blackpool overtaking Cardiff and surviving.

Deliberately didn't enter any crazy results so I guess the outcome reflects the relative difficulties on paper of the remaining fixtures.

58 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Inside view: How Blackburn Rovers' rivals view the play-off race | Lancashire Telegraph

We aren't fancied to make the PO's by the journo's of our rivals. 

We’re 4 points clear of 7th with a game in hand after 80% of the season.

We’re top of the form table (last six games)

We have the second best home record in the league

Three of our four remaining games against play off rivals are at home.

I don’t know how a journalist can look at that and not have us in their predicted top six. 

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 9