BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Remaining fixtures - Predictions

The other big one for us this weekend is the Friday night match Boro V Norwich.

If Boro turn them over, it puts us firmly in the driving sit if you were looking at them being the main rivals. Currently they are ahead of us in the betting, as are Millwall, but come Sunday morning, the picture could have changed dramatically.

We have an exciting weekend ahead.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2023 at 10:40, lraC said:

If Boro turn them over, it puts us firmly in the driving sit if you were looking at them being the main rivals. Currently they are ahead of us in the betting, as are Millwall, but come Sunday morning, the picture could have changed dramatically.

Couldn't have started any better. 

• Like 1

From the first post. Here's the state of play with 4 to go;

Stoke (A) Lost 

Reading (H) Won

B'ham (A) Lost 

Norwich (H) Lost 

H'field (A) Draw 

Hull (H) Draw 

Coventry (H) Draw 

Nobbers (A) _____

Dingles (H) _____

Luton (H) _____

Millwall (A) _____

1 win in 7. Hardly play off form. However, destiny is still in Rovers hands despite a difficult set of fixtures to end the season.

I predicted 73 points. 3 wins will get to that number, and probably a playoff spot. 

37 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

From the first post. Here's the state of play with 4 to go;

Stoke (A) Lost 

Reading (H) Won

B'ham (A) Lost 

Norwich (H) Lost 

H'field (A) Draw 

Hull (H) Draw 

Coventry (H) Draw 

Nobbers (A) _____

Dingles (H) _____

Luton (H) _____

Millwall (A) _____

1 win in 7. Hardly play off form. However, destiny is still in Rovers hands despite a difficult set of fixtures to end the season.

I predicted 73 points. 3 wins will get to that number, and probably a playoff spot. 

We aren’t going to get 3 wins.

• Like 2

Two wins and a draw will do this now. PNE has to be a win. Luton MIGHT rest a few and if we go to Millwall needing a point, I would settle for that right now.

If we get anything next Tuesday, it is a bonus, in more ways than one. 

• Like 1

I've just done some pessimistic predictions and got the following:

Team Pts
5 Millwall 70
6 Albion 69
7 Coventry 68
8 Rovers 67
9 Sunderland 67
10 PNE 64
11 Watford  64
12 Swansea 64
13 Norwich 63

This is based on us drawing 3 and losing 1, so it's quite clear that turning one of those into a win puts us bang in the frame. Surely we can't go another 4 without winning?

A lot hinges on Milwall's next 2. They play Blackpool and Millwall away, neither of whom are doing a Wigan job of fighting for their lives (bar the odd result). Likewise Coventry - they play Reading and Birmingham at home. If they win both, that puts them on 69, which I have as the magic number (oi oi) for top 6. 

If we win 2, I think we do it. Although perversely it might depend which 2! 

Edit - we would drop to 9th on GD based on the above. 

Edited by smiller14

2 hours ago, smiller14 said:

I've just done some pessimistic predictions and got the following:

Team Pts
5 Millwall 70
6 Albion 69
7 Coventry 68
8 Rovers 67
9 Sunderland 67
10 PNE 64
11 Watford  64
12 Swansea 64
13 Norwich 63

This is based on us drawing 3 and losing 1, so it's quite clear that turning one of those into a win puts us bang in the frame. Surely we can't go another 4 without winning?

A lot hinges on Milwall's next 2. They play Blackpool and Millwall away, neither of whom are doing a Wigan job of fighting for their lives (bar the odd result). Likewise Coventry - they play Reading and Birmingham at home. If they win both, that puts them on 69, which I have as the magic number (oi oi) for top 6. 

If we win 2, I think we do it. Although perversely it might depend which 2! 

Edit - we would drop to 9th on GD based on the above. 

Yeah - if the 2 are PNE and Millwall then we should sneak in on 70 - though GD could be the factor against others.

If we can beat PNE on Saturday to get to 67 (or had we held on last night), then we're almost guaranteed to have something to play for against Millwall on the final day, regardless of Burnley/Luton results. 

The only way that wouldn't be the case is if Millwall beat Wigan (A) and Blackpool (A) and WBA beat Sunderland (H), Sheff Utd (A), Norwich (H) as both would then be uncatchable (all other teams would still be catchable regardless of their results)

Did a prediction for procrastination sake. 

Have the table as below going into the final match. Which would mean we'd have to beat Millwall, and hope Coventry don't win away at Boro (who have nothing to play for), or that WBA lose away to Swansea.

It was a fairly pessimistic view with just 3 points from our next 3. Either way, really can't see a way that the Millwall match hasn't got something riding on it!

image.png

13 minutes ago, superniko said:

Did a prediction for procrastination sake. 

Have the table as below going into the final match. Which would mean we'd have to beat Millwall, and hope Coventry don't win away at Boro (who have nothing to play for), or that WBA lose away to Swansea.

It was a fairly pessimistic view with just 3 points from our next 3. Either way, really can't see a way that the Millwall match hasn't got something riding on it!

image.png

I have something similar

But 3 points isn't pessimistic, it's optimistic! 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I have something similar

But 3 points isn't pessimistic, it's optimistic! 😂

Its one point more than I reckon we get unless we see a spirited recover in form, goals and lady luck.

We have just made 3 points from the previous 'easier' 5 games in which we scored just 3 goals.

It could be the worst couple of games in recent years, it could be the best, we could get 0 points we could equally go on a run, I've recovered after that late equaliser, and maybe, just maybe, that might bring the squad together, nothing like a bit of adversity to do that. Whatever happens it's exciting, it's better than being sat in mid table, though I do appreciate that ironically that's where we could end up...

Just getting this stretched squad up and ready for two tough derbies is a massive ask, I can't believe how these two fixtures have fallen. Doesn't help that lot down the road appear to be resting and rotating so there'll be nice and fresh for Tuesday. 

• Like 1

REMAINING FIXTURES:

Coventry:  B'ham (h) Boro (a)

S'land:  Watford (h) PNE (a)

Millwall:  B'pool (a) Rovers (h)

Rovers: Luton (h) Millwall (a)

WBA: Norwich (h) Swansea (a)

PNE: Sheff Utd (a) S'land (h)

Norwich: WBA (a) B'pool (h)

Swansea: Hull (a) WBA (h)

image.thumb.png.2ff0699babb63d8719c0a73df6d54d8c.png

Twists and Turns 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

REMAINING FIXTURES:

Coventry:  B'ham (h) Boro (a)

S'land:  Watford (h) PNE (a)

Millwall:  B'pool (a) Rovers (h)

Rovers: Luton (h) Millwall (a)

WBA: Norwich (h) Swansea (a)

PNE: Sheff Utd (a) S'land (h)

Norwich: WBA (a) B'pool (h)

Swansea: Hull (a) WBA (h)

image.thumb.png.2ff0699babb63d8719c0a73df6d54d8c.png

Twists and Turns 🙂 

Its wide open. Any team from Coventry to rovers could easily lose or win their next two games 

Edited by roverandout

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Its wide open. Any team from cover to rovers could easily lose or win their next two games 

It is indeed, I think Cov and one other. Then again Cov could lose to B'ham. It's impossible to call.

What odds would you get on betting Rovers and Coventry to make the PO's?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It is indeed, I think Cov and one other. Then again Cov could lose to B'ham. It's impossible to call.

What odds would you get on betting Rovers and Coventry to make the PO's?

Not sure what odds you'd get on them both to make the play-offs, as they're linked and it's not just a case of multiplying them, but here are the current best prices for making the top 6:

Coventry 4/7
Sunderland 11/10
Millwall 11/8
ROVERS 4/1
West Brom 13/2
Preston 25/1
Norwich 25/1
Swansea 33/1

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Not sure what odds you'd get on them both to make the play-offs, as they're linked and it's not just a case of multiplying them, but here are the current best prices for making the top 6:

Coventry 4/7
Sunderland 11/10
Millwall 11/8
ROVERS 4/1
West Brom 13/2
Preston 25/1
Norwich 25/1
Swansea 33/1

Thanks. Decent odds on Rovers. I think they may come down a bit if Millwall don't win at Blackpool tomorrow. 

On 12/04/2023 at 11:40, lraC said:

Yes the play off picture will be radically different by the time the Luton game kicks off.

Blackpool could give themselves a lifeline and do all kinds of damage to Millwall by winning at Bloomfield Road tonight.

Then it is last chance for 4 more all of whom need a win tomorrow. 

West Brom.and Norwich conveniently play each other, Preston go to Sheffield United  and Sunderland face Watford.

If any of those 4 get a win from those fixtures they deserve to be in the last day shake down.