Coventry (H) = D

Nobbers (A) = W

Dingles (H) = D

Luton (H) = D

Millwall (A) = L

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We're 11 unbeaten in all competitions. 

I look forward to your predictions. 

So we’re going to go 21 unbeaten?! In the Championship? 

Stoke (A) = L

Reading (H) = W

B'ham (A) = W

Norwich (H) = L

H'field (A) = W

Hull (H) = W

Coventry (H) = L

Nobbers (A) = W

Dingles (H) = L

Luton (H) = D

Millwall (A) = D

75 PTS, 5th place. 

• Like 4

Stoke (A) = D

Reading (H) = W

B'ham (A) = W

Norwich (H) = L

H'field (A) = W

Hull (H) = W

Coventry (H) = L

Nobbers (A) = W

Dingles (H) = L

Luton (H) = D

Millwall (A) = L

75 points is my guess, but then I didn't expect wins against Leicester and Sheffield United so we may pick up a few more points if we can keep up that kind of "positivity and hard work".

After the win against sheff u and the way we won I’m genuinely excited for the first time at the prospect of a trip to wembley, I never really believed until we beat them , I can’t wait for the next game to come around, been so long since I felt like this. 

I couldn’t predict game by game what’s likely to happen but I firmly believe a play off spot and a semi final is pours to lose 

COYB 💙🤍

• Like 1

Worth noting the playoff points tally right now is the lowest it’s been for years (I went back a few years and still haven’t found it as low as 55 points after 35 games, as well as 3rd being at a low on 60 too).

For me 70 should do it for playoffs. 4 wins from 11 could genuinely do the job for us.

In terms of predictions. I have us taking 15 more points and finishing on 73. Should be enough for 5th maybe. 

Edited by superniko

One game at a time lads.

I am just happy that no matter what happens in the next round of fixtures, we stay in the top 6. If we keep that buffer it will avoid sleepless nights about going to the New Den...

Now if Sheffield United and Boro kindly find a few banana skins to slip on, there will be other types of sleepless nights.

The FA Cup is a wild card- I don't expect us to come through at Bramall Lane but it is not beyond the realms of possibility.

In which case we are looking at this fixture list

April 7 Norwich H

April 10 Huddersfield A

April 15 Hull H

April 18 Coventry H

April 22 Wembley FA Cup Semi-Final 

April 25 Burnley H

April 29 Luton H

May 3 Preston A

May 8 Millwall A

May 13 or 14 Play-off first leg

May 20 or 21 Play off second leg

May 29 Wembley Play Off Final

June 3 Wembley again FA Cup Final

There's fair few potential banana skins in that list -  you could even make a case for us not winning another game🙄  if Rovers' current hot form doesn't last and we revert to the plodding, toothless team of barely a few weeks ago and injuries and tiredness come into play. 

There'll undoubtedly be some that we might expect to win easily but will lose and then the unexpected might happen, such as a revenge thrashings of Burnley and Preston and reaching the FA Cup final 😀

Tomasson will have to manage his limited resources carefully. One game at a time. Steady as we go. 

Without looking at everyone's remaining fixtures, I'm sure they're all going to be similar. 

The one thing which stands out on our list is that apart from Millwall on the last day, all our "harder" games, going off the table, are at home. On present form, you'd also much rather play the Nobbers at their place. 

With Rovers home form, it has to be an advantage. 

Someone on here recently calculated our points per game at 1.68. That , if maintained would give us another 18 points to take us to 76. 

But we've improved on that with our recent form so I think 76 points is very attainable and better than that wouldn't be surprising. That 76 surely would see us finish top 6.

However I'm aware of our ability to not put away "easy" games so I'm confident but wary at the same time!

5 hours ago, 47er said:

They have improved recently and are now contenders for a place in the 6?

Two of the three goals they scored at Millwall were straight from the set piece coach. In fact the players went over and celebrated with him.

Wagner has improved them but two corners turned defeat into a win at the New Den.

Millwall were caught cold. No other Championship side should be now.

13 hours ago, superniko said:

Worth noting the playoff points tally right now is the lowest it’s been for years (I went back a few years and still haven’t found it as low as 55 points after 35 games, as well as 3rd being at a low on 60 too).

For me 70 should do it for playoffs. 4 wins from 11 could genuinely do the job for us.

In terms of predictions. I have us taking 15 more points and finishing on 73. Should be enough for 5th maybe. 

Really interesting you say that. I was taking a look at league 1 for example. The team in 6th, (so obviously the last playoff place) Barnsley have 60 points already, but off just 32 games. By comparison, Norwich have 55 points from 35 games.

Championship is very congested, with everyone taking points off each other. The playoff points mark will be super low this year!

• Like 1

Looking at the table statistically helps me temper my expectations. In my opinion 2nd felt out of our reach anyway, especially when looking at the average amount of points needed although Sheffield United are currently 2 points worse off than Bournemouth were at this point last season.

The average of 86 points would need one insane run of form between now and the end of the season and the wheels to completely fall off for both Boro and Sheffield United. I can't see it happening. 

-----

74 points for the playoffs still requires what I would consider an excellent end to the season though again Millwall are 2 points worse off than 7th place was at this point last season. All the teams in and around us have been winning lately. For me we really need a buffer going into our last 5 games. 

I think JDT being level headed will be vital. Take things game by game and don't worry too much about what is going on around us. Each win is one small step towards where we want to be.

• Like 1