• Huddersfield (A) = D
  • Hull (H) = W
  • Coventry (H) = D
  • PNE (A) = W
  • Burnley (H) = L
  • Luton (H) = D
  • Millwall (A) = L

Total: 71 points and pocket radios at The Den

If we beat Stoke on Friday then I can’t see anything but a Top 6 finish looking at the remaining fixtures. 

Edited by superniko

Rovers have been the most unpredictable team in the Championship this season. 

Form seems to have stabilised lately but who knows what is around the corner. Those predicting only 1 loss live in hope rather than expectation. 

I'll go with 15 more points, 73 total. 

1 hour ago, superniko said:
  • Stoke (A) = L
  • Reading (H) = W
  • Birmingham (A) = D
  • Norwich (H) = L
  • Huddersfield (A) = D
  • Hull (H) = W
  • Coventry (H) = D
  • PNE (A) = W
  • Burnley (H) = L
  • Luton (H) = D
  • Millwall (A) = L

Total: 71 points and pocket radios at The Den

If we beat Stoke on Friday then I can’t see anything but a Top 6 finish looking at the remaining fixtures. 

3 wins out of 11 ? That’s Mowbray form. I thought we’d turned a corner.

I don’t want to try and predict anything, but we are playing like losing isn’t an option at the moment, and confidence is a huge factor.

I think/hope we’ll make the playoffs, prevent a Dingle double over us, and make the FA cup semis. It’s a LONG time since I’ve been anything like this confident. Memorable end to the season in the offing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

3 wins out of 11 ? That’s Mowbray form. I thought we’d turned a corner.

3 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats. Feels more realistic than 1 defeat across 11 which I’ve seen posted a few times.

We have the 4th hardest run-in of the whole league (average position of teams in remaining fixtures) after Hull, Huddersfield and Reading.

Watford, West Brom and Coventry have the 3 easiest. 

• Like 1

Before the Sheffield United game I looked at the table and estimated that another 6 wins were needed. I then looked at the fixtures and thought I could be a tough ask. Now after the Sheffield United game it looks a lot more realistic as I wasn't expecting any points from that game. We just need to consolidate those 3 points with wins against bottom half teams in Stoke and Reading. Win those two games and I think we really are cooking on gas. I'd say we would need 3 wins following that and it more than doable with games against Hull and Huddersfield in there.

Stoke (A) = W

Reading (H) = W

Birmingham (A) = W

Norwich (H) = L

Huddersfield (A) = W

Hull (H) = W

Coventry (H) = D

Preston (A) = D

Dingles (H) = L

Luton (H) = W

Millwall (A) = D

I daren’t make any predictions, I just want us to do it so much. 
I am delighted with our recent form and to be still in with a shout of a play off place and a possible trip to Wembley, in the cup too, sends shivers of the excitement I haven’t had about Rovers, for a long time. 

Well that's buggered up my prediction, which was:

Stoke City, D;

Reading, W;

Birmingham City, D;

Norwich City, W;

Huddersfield Town, W;

Hull City, W;

Coventry City, W;

PNE, L;

That Lot, D;

Luton Town, W;

Millwall, D.

For 78 points and 4th place in the table and Play-off games versus a resurgent WBA.

If my remaining predictions turn out to be correct, we'll still have enough points for 4th place.

Edited by R0verb0y

1 hour ago, R0verb0y said:

Well that's buggered up my prediction, which was:

Stoke City, D;

Reading, W;

Birmingham City, D;

Norwich City, W;

Huddersfield Town, W;

Hull City, W;

Coventry City, W;

PNE, L;

That Lot, D;

Luton Town, W;

Millwall, D.

For 78 points and 4th place in the table and Play-off games versus a resurgent WBA.

If my remaining predictions turn out to be correct, we'll still have enough points for 4th place.

Only 1 defeat and averaging 2 points a game i.e. league winning form (92 points over a season). With 4 of the best 6 teams in the league still to play. 

Last night has placed a play-off place destiny firmly in Rovers' hands especially as 5 play off rivals have to play us.

Get the same number of points as Norwich less 4, West Brom minus 5, Coventry and Watford less 6, Preston less 7 and Sunderland we can give an 8 point head start to and we can add at least two fixtures to the season end. Below that gets to conceding more than a point a game at which point we should be singing Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army if we finish below Bristol City...

The 9 last games divide up currently into

5 Play-off 6 pointers

- Luton and Millwall are so late in the season they maybe just play-off rehearsals

- Norwich, Coventry and North End are likely to be absolute MUST WINS.. for our opponents which could make for red card and injury risks. Given how we have counter attacked recently, could be fun games to watch.

2 against Birmingham and Hull who could slip into a bit of relegation bother so will be keen to make themselves absolutely safe

Huddersfield who are in heaps of relegation bother and fighting for their existence

And then them lot which is best viewed as null points but a free hit.

Not going to predict individual results but it is going to take injuries, and/or a regression to slow football by Rovers, and/or at least two other clubs going on a long run of wins to see us finish 7th or lower.

Not going to go game by game, but I think we'll need to break the back of the points total that we'll need by the PNE game. I wouldn't like to go into back-to-back derbies, Luton and then Millwall needing more than 3/4 points.

After last night I think we're just about more likely to do it than not, but it's a close run thing. All the games are big from here on in, but that Norwich game in a few weeks looks like a huge opportunity for us to put some daylight between us. 

• Like 1