BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers fixtures 23/24

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

4 games on TV! Hope thats just without the Prem.

Happy with a 3pm Saturday home game at last.

Yes Sky have picked 4 games for coverage of the opening weekend. Premier League starts the week after. 

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Happy with that home game, Albion will bring 3k at least and if GB keeps up these transfers, I expect a few rovers to turn up - Could be an 18k crowd…

if price right we could attract 5k walk on's. Plus Rovers continue to make good solid signings this summer. 

11 hours ago, superniko said:

Yeah losing Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan and getting Southampton and Plymouth in return is going to make those away days a bit tougher (can still see Sky changing times on those)

Whats our usual allocation for Hudds? Can’t remember if it’s half that stand or all of it last time I went was a Christmas fixture too a few years back

Not to mention a trip to Ipswich. 

It's half the stand. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Sky have picked 4 games for coverage of the opening weekend. Premier League starts the week after. 

if price right we could attract 5k walk on's. Plus Rovers continue to make good solid signings this summer. 

Thankfully we avoided them in the first week at least. Hopefully we will avoid them as much as possible.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Thankfully we avoided them in the first week at least. Hopefully we will avoid them as much as possible.

Hopefully as if we successful and in the promotion hunt we will be on alot. 

I would imagine the home game against Leicester will be on tv. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I guess it is something we have to reluctantly tolerate to be successful, but still, ideal scenario, we keep winning yet Sky cant look beyond Leeds and Leicester every week so we avoid kick off changes.

Well it's going worse after this season. I don't have any problem with kick off changes. They don't affect me. With others it clearly does

Believe they are giving more notice from next season.

They wouldn’t ever decide the full season in advance and I understand that as they want to show the games that have something riding on them in the run in. But up to the new year, yes why not.

Difficult going that far as say two unexpected teams are up at the top in March and are playing each other, Sky would quite rightly want to show that (and as a neutral I’d like to watch it too, especially if we are also challenging!).

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They should have to decide the TV fixtures now for the season too. 

Not part of the current contract. From next season Sky will announce every TV from start of the season until Start of January to reduce the inconvenienced for some fans. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Even up until March/early April. Allows a spread of teams rather than some teams fans being particularly inconvenienced.

Can't do that far for a number of reasons like FA cup, before the starts you don't know which teams will do well and be in the hint for top 2, top 6 or relegation battle. 

Sky wants to coverage the teams in these battle not a mid table between PNE and Birmingham for example

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not part of the current contract. From next season Sky will announce every TV from start of the season until Start of January to reduce the inconvenienced for some fans. 

Can't do that far for a number of reasons like FA cup, before the starts you don't know which teams will do well and be in the hint for top 2, top 6 or relegation battle. 

Sky wants to coverage the teams in these battle not a mid table between PNE and Birmingham for example

But equally, its not fair to just have the same teams on every single week from the second half of the season.

The problem next season is that although the notice issue will be better, because now its a joke. The sheer quantity of changes will cause so much inconvenience. Either way, match going fans will always be bottom of the pile when it comes to priorities from the EFL and Sky.

• Like 1

I thought we were on so much was Sky figured out we always lose when on.  Given how much they hate us seems appropriate for them to get us on as much as possible so we lose more.  Would they?

Edited by USABlue

32 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I thought we were on so much was Sky figured out we always lose when on.  Given how much they hate us seems appropriate for them to get us on as much as possible so we lose more.  Would they?

Sky suddenly remembering we existed and going all out in putting us on was head scratching at the time.

I don't think they would do it to make us look crap though.

Personally, I think JDT being our manager has a lot to do with it. He has a good reputation in the game from his playing days and is a relatively big name as a former AC Milan player and Danish international. A trophy winner as a manager too, before joining us.

I think there's intrigue and interest there to see how he does. Not on the exact scale as Bielsa and Leeds, but similar in some ways.

Plus, we are a big fish in this Division, no matter who tries to suggest otherwise. Throw in us being virtually top 6 all season and the JDT factor and we get what we saw with Sky. They sensed something was happening and didn't want to miss it.

I think that's likely to continue next season too, even with Leeds and Leicester down. Leeds will surely be the number 1 pick most weeks. But Leicester? With Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi and more likely to leave, I'm not so sure there will be much interest in their games. I could be wrong on that one though.

• Like 1

It’s because we were in the top 6 all season (plus we had a fair few derbies) and the top 2 was pretty much sewn up fairly early.

It was weird but there was logic behind it . But with the relegated teams this season added to the mix I wager we won’t be on anywhere near as much - unless we are in the top 2, of course!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But equally, its not fair to just have the same teams on every single week from the second half of the season.

cos of its fair cos people want to see games that have some meaning whether its challenging for promotion or relegation or derby game. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem next season is that although the notice issue will be better, because now its a joke. The sheer quantity of changes will cause so much inconvenience. Either way, match going fans will always be bottom of the pile when it comes to priorities from the EFL and Sky.

The EFL clubs including Rovers wanted more TV revenue from its TV deal. Sky aren't the problem here as I and others have pointed. 

I don't see myself as bottom of pile at all but if we are doing well and challenging for promotion we will be on TV. Simple. Games being moved don't bother me like yourself who has major issues with it

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos of its fair cos people want to see games that have some meaning whether its challenging for promotion or relegation or derby game. 

The EFL clubs including Rovers wanted more TV revenue from its TV deal. Sky aren't the problem here as I and others have pointed. 

I don't see myself as bottom of pile at all but if we are doing well and challenging for promotion we will be on TV. Simple. Games being moved don't bother me like yourself who has major issues with it

It doesn't bother you because not only does it not affect you, but you have an empathy void. That has long since been established.

Why people sat at home are prioritised so much over people who go to games is beyond me. Well no, money.

The EFL and Sky are the problem, it stems from the formers greed and lack of regard to fans, but the latter also solely focus on their best interests too, not the fans. Not the proper ones, anyway.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesn't bother you because not only does it not affect you, but you have an empathy void. That has long since been established.

Why people sat at home are prioritised so much over people who go to games is beyond me. Well no, money.

The EFL and Sky are the problem, it stems from the formers greed and lack of regard to fans, but the latter also solely focus on their best interests too, not the fans. Not the proper ones, anyway.

Firstly I have shown you empathy on your opinion but seems unwillingness to accept that clubs(not Sky) wanted more money from TV revenue so in order to get this they had to put more games on TV. Fairly simple to understand. 

The EFL is the clubs including Rovers, I feel that I got a good deal already from Rovers for ST which others don't which I can understand