BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers fixtures 23/24

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hoping for Leeds at Ewood opening day of the season

Swag-cap on:

We want a ‘smaller’ fixture for the opening day as it would bring more fans than usual by nature of being the opening game.

Leeds will fill the away end whatever day it is, so hopefully that’s a midweek evening match that’s also on TV.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Leicester at Ewood opening day which will be moved to the Friday night, then sky can crow about two premier league winners in the second tier for the entire build up/game.

Nah, Sky don’t do Friday night games at Ewood… just every other possible time and day you can think of!

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Swag-cap on:

We want a ‘smaller’ fixture for the opening day as it would bring more fans than usual by nature of being the opening game.

Leeds will fill the away end whatever day it is, so hopefully that’s a midweek evening match that’s also on TV.

image.jpeg.23d0debde19721f4c83322326e6271d0.jpeg

• Like 3

The first championship game of the season will be a Friday night with at least one of the relegated sides. Sky’s biggest viewing figures for the season was the opener between Burnley and Huddersfield with 500k viewers.

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

This is where they break the trend.

9 years is it since the last one? (In front of fans anyway)

Think so. Cardiff, August 2014.

Which is really odd considering we are on A LOT, and Sky pretty much always show a Friday Championship game.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Think so. Cardiff, August 2014.

Which is really odd considering we are on A LOT, and Sky pretty much always show a Friday Championship game.

A quick look suggests there was actually one in December 2015 too against Rotherham but it wasn't televised, it was moved because our game the following Tuesday against Forest got bought forward to the Monday night for TV coverage so a knock on effect.

Also a couple against Brentford and Preston in the covid season but they don't count as far as I am concerned.

It is very odd though, even away, last seasons against Stoke was the first one I can remember since Wolves away being on a Friday night back in January 2013.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Looks like - 

Opening Day - Home

Boxing Day - Away

Good Friday - Home

Easter Monday - Away

Last Day - Away

I think our last game will be at home because the Premier League finishes a week after the Championship.

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

I think our last game will be at home because the Premier League finishes a week after the Championship.

We finish on the weekend of 4th May, with the play offs happening 9th-13th May, with the final on the 26th May.

So going off there fixtures we should be away last.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Burnley are at home on the 4th May, so we’ll be away last game presuming 4th May is the last game of the season in the Championship.

Thanks- I had an erroneous last date for the Championship of 11th May.

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Swag-cap on:

I always want to play Leeds at home cos I work with 3 Leeds fans and 2 of them think they will walk this league even tho they have no head coach and massive overhaul of the squad happening this summer. Playing them first might just be the right time to play

9 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Leicester at Ewood opening day which will be moved to the Friday night, then sky can crow about two premier league winners in the second tier for the entire build up/game.

interesting that. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely not Leeds or any of the relegated sides. Please no moving games for TV right from the start. Might struggle to make the Friday.

if we play any of the relegation PL teams I expect it to be on TV

• Like 1