BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers fixtures 23/24

tough run in 

Southampton (H), Bristol City (A), Leeds United (A) and Sheffield Wednesday (H) are all crammed into April, as is an encounter against beaten play-off finalists Coventry City, which will be Rovers' final home fixture of the season on Saturday 27th April.

good to be playing likes of those again

Edited by Tricky

19 minutes ago, alex l said:

The fixture release has really brought home how many derby games have been lost compared to last season - 6. Unless we're towards the top of the league, our tv fixtures should be much reduced this season 

Yeah losing Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan and getting Southampton and Plymouth in return is going to make those away days a bit tougher (can still see Sky changing times on those)

Whats our usual allocation for Hudds? Can’t remember if it’s half that stand or all of it last time I went was a Christmas fixture too a few years back

Edited by superniko

This time last year we weren't looking at Luton and Coventry home and going. "Oh two promotion 6 pointers to round off the season."

West Brom will bring a good crowd so a great game to kick off with.

From one read through of the list there are no particular "hard" or "easy" runs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

First shock of the season… not on Sky 😲

IMG_1688.jpeg

With Leeds and Wednesday back in the league and Leicester now too, we won’t be the media darlings for Sky thankfully. Should be back to between 5-10 televised and not the 20+ or whatever it was last season. 

• Like 3

Depends where we are in the league, the top 2 pretty much running away with it meant they kept looking elsewhere for live games - and guess who were always in that top 6!

Need to do a Coventry, stay under the radar and sneak in right at the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Depends where we are in the league, the top 2 pretty much running away with it meant they kept looking elsewhere for live games - and guess who were always in that top 6!

Need to do a Coventry, stay under the radar and sneak in right at the end.

I'd rather we run away with a top 2 finish instead, given the choice!

• Like 3

I'm getting the word 'SKY' for the first fixture.....

Although they've got Leeds to obsess about again i suppose so it'll all revolve around them.

Crap looking at the fixture list and only seeing that annoying little club Preston as the only local game.

• Like 1

I think Plymouth away early doors is the one I’m most looking forward to. Defo cuts the wheat from the chaff from Lancs based away travellers for a beastly journey. 

Operation sow the seeds under way this evening. I’m going to the football on Saturday 2nd sept. Few weeks later did I mention it’s an away game…. Did I mention it’s in Plymouth… Did I mention I’m staying over. Oh by the way a full weekend job.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I think Plymouth away early doors is the one I’m most looking forward to. Defo cuts the wheat from the chaff from Lancs based away travellers for a beastly journey. 

Operation sow the seeds under way this evening. I’m going to the football on Saturday 2nd sept. Few weeks later did I mention it’s an away game…. Did I mention it’s in Plymouth… Did I mention I’m staying over. Oh by the way a full weekend job.  

Me too, only an hour away 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Yeah losing Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan and getting Southampton and Plymouth in return is going to make those away days a bit tougher (can still see Sky changing times on those)

Whats our usual allocation for Hudds? Can’t remember if it’s half that stand or all of it last time I went was a Christmas fixture too a few years back

Part of the stand. 

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

I went to a midweek night match at Plymouth. We used a hire car and two drivers. Left the Halfway House at Samlesbury around 1:30pm and arrived in Plymouth over an hour before ko, M5 didn't go all the way then either.

Had a couple of pints in a village pub then hammered it back. All at work in the morning too 🤣

• Like 2