BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Irreverent Transfer Window Thread (& biscuits, bread and any other nonsense to pass the time)

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Mary Berry says they’re a biscuit and if you can’t trust her I don’t know who you can trust 😀

Where would you place the jammy dodger? (Clean answers only please!😁)

I tried her panna cotta from Tesco once, would never trust her after that, it was awful!

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Maybe she was having a bad day 😁

You know what I haven’t had for years (of course you don’t!) - a garribaldi.

They remind me of Nottingham Forest, and Nottingham Forest remind me of Boglins (Steve Cooper)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Mary Berry says they’re a biscuit and if you can’t trust her I don’t know who you can trust 😀

Where would you place the jammy dodger? (Clean answers only please!😁)

Oh, that is a good question. I loved jammy dodgers back when I was a kid, and generally like jam based bakery products.

I think I would have them just outside of my top 5 though. Maybe in 6th or 7th.

• Like 2

Gotta say guys & gals, I've had a right good giggle (and one or 2 LOLs) reading the last few pages.

Anyway, I've got a couple here for you to try (or not)

Crumpet Pizzas - Admittedly alcohol fuelled this one, you know, when you come in and the only places you think to look are the bread bin & the fridge. So, here I am with a block of cheese in one hand, a pepperami in the other looking longingly at the crumpets in the bread bin. Doesn't need much imagination to work out what I did - sliced cheese, sliced pepperami, on crumpet, under the grill - awesome!

Next one is something my Grandad used to do when I was a kid. Try not to gip, trust me it tastes great - dunking your toast in your cup of tea (NOT coffee, has to be tea). Admittedly, you do get an oil slick on the top of your brew which isn't the best, but the dunked toast....😋

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Gotta say guys & gals, I've had a right good giggle (and one or 2 LOLs) reading the last few pages.

Crumpet Pizzas - Admittedly alcohol fuelled this one, you know, when you come in and the only places you think to look are the bread bin & the fridge. So, here I am with a block of cheese in one hand, a pepperami in the other looking longingly at the crumpets in the bread bin. Doesn't need much imagination to work out what I did - sliced cheese, sliced pepperami, on crumpet, under the grill - awesome!

Next one is something my Grandad used to do when I was a kid. Try not to gip, trust me it tastes great - dunking your toast in your cup of tea (NOT coffee, has to be tea). Admittedly, you do get an oil slick on the top of your brew which isn't the best, but the dunked toast....😋

That pizza idea sounds great - did you ever try it again whilst sober??

Toast in your tea - no, just no…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I'm fixated on the crumpet. I thought I would grow out of that in my later years.

Your Grandad was spot on with the toast  and tea. I like the toast to be quite burnt.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

That pizza idea sounds great - did you ever try it again whilst sober??

Toast in your tea - no, just no…

I have yeah, a few times tbh and they're great. Admittedly, not as good as that first bite when pissed though, saying to the missus "ahh babe, you gotta try these, they're f*cking awesome" 😄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

I have yeah, a few times tbh and they're great. Admittedly, not as good as that first bite when pissed though, saying to the missus "ahh babe, you gotta try these, they're f*cking awesome" 😄

I’ve said far worse to my wife after a drink or two 😁😁

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Both of those sound oddly brilliant!

May try the crumpet pizza, but all pizzas need a tomato base, I recon a thin spread of tomato puree would work

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

As a student I used to make pizza toasties, cheese, tomato puree spread over the inside of one slice pf bread, little bit of garlic puree, and then very finely chop whatever you like in them, I was a skint student so onion, green peppers and mushroom did the trick

Could feed the whole house with a loaf of tesco value bread and very minimal ingredients

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1